Jelly Bean is coming (Hopefully thats going to be the name)

Google IO is next week, here are some of the expected features of the next version of Android.

-Desktop mode for when connected through HDMI with BT mouse and keyboard
    -Majel Voice operated Android assistant (control your phone with only your voice, no need to pull it out of your pocket when you want to lsiten to some music, enable wifi, send a message or call someone with a headset on)
    -Guest profiles
    -Introduces new time format, in which days have 42 hours as it was always meant to be
    -3d textured Maps
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

All I can do is imagine a short, chubby kid running down the sidewalk of a suburban neighborhood yelling, "Jelly Bean is coming! Jelly Bean is coming!"

This brave candy and sugar connoisseur has taken it upon himself to warn the entire community of the imminent arrival of Jelly Bean in a Paul Revere manner.

"Jelly Bean is coming! Jelly Bean is coming!"

Run chubby man, run!
    Sajan Parikh - PHP Development | Server Management | Linux Administration | Web Consulting
    Feel free to get in touch with me if I can be of assistance with anything.
    e: sajan@parikh.io | w: sajan.io
    Give me a call at (262) 343-5973.

Well, I am chubby, no need for insults
    Keith I Myers

Well, I guess this confirms that the name will be Jelly Bean - http://phandroid.com/2012/06/26/jell...f-building-44/
    Keith I Myers

Android Jelly Bean SDK released to public
    By: Jon Gold On: 20 Jul 2012 For: Network World (U.S.)
    Android offers some tips to developers on getting their applications to scale properly

FRAMINGHAM, MASS. -- Google's Android development team announced Wednesday evening that the full software development kit for Android 4.1 (a.k.a. Jelly Bean) is now available to the general public, and provided some tips and tricks for working with the new software, to boot.

Android engineer Nick Butcher says in an official blog post that developers should take a look at the new features available in the SDK and make sure their applications are making the best of what Jelly Bean has to offer.

"For many people, their first taste of Jelly Bean will be on the beautiful Nexus 7 [tablet]. While most applications will run just fine on Nexus 7, who wants their app to be just fine?" he asked.

In the post, Butcher offered tips for scaling and customization of apps running in Android 4.1, which helps avoid the problem of programs designed for phone-sized screens appearing strange or incomplete on a tablet display.

Looks like Google is going to run the world soon..if it doesn't already..

Quote Originally Posted by Mork View Post
    Looks like Google is going to run the world soon..if it doesn't already..
    I for one welcome the time when we can phrase our New Google Overlords.
    Keith I Myers

Quote Originally Posted by sajanNOPPIX View Post
    All I can do is imagine a short, chubby kid running down the sidewalk of a suburban neighborhood yelling, "Jelly Bean is coming! Jelly Bean is coming!"

This brave candy and sugar connoisseur has taken it upon himself to warn the entire community of the imminent arrival of Jelly Bean in a Paul Revere manner.

"Jelly Bean is coming! Jelly Bean is coming!"

Run chubby man, run!

WTF..????

Anyways, Jelly Bean is an awful name for Google to choose. What happen to fierce names like uh, I don't know. Mustang, Tiger, Cheetah etc?

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-zoomactive View Post
    WTF..????

Anyways, Jelly Bean is an awful name for Google to choose. What happen to fierce names like uh, I don't know. Mustang, Tiger, Cheetah etc?
    Both Windows and Apple and Ubuntu go with Animal Names (Longhorn, Tiger, Fawn as examples from each). Google wanted to be different, which is a good thing.

The naming scheme actually comes down to using a recipe to cook (or build) and Android ROM. When you think of Recipes, Deserts come to mind. In the case of Android, you can choose Cupcake, Doughnut, Eclair, Frozen Yougurt, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Iced Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean. You could also just use the version number if thats more to your liking.

Personally it gives Android some personality.
    Keith I Myers