RegisterFly & Nameservers

Any of you register your nameservers at RegisterFly?

It seems to me that RegisterFly only allows us to create only one nameserver for each domain name, i think we may need to pay for the second one. Am i correct to say this?

This is what you should do with Registerfly. Click on your domain and then click on the create nameserver text. First register your primary nameserver and ip address. For example
    ns1.mydomain.com

Then you'll get a confirmation screen. Then go and register your secondary nameserver. Once again something like
    ns2.mydomain.com

In 12-72 hours check out www.internic.com to see if the nameservers have been updated in the whois databases. If you have any clients who registered any domains through Network Solutions, you might have to give Netsol a call and tell them your nameserver information, because Netsol are very slow to update their database.

Thanks for replying.

After creating the nameservers, I click on the "Verify status of Create Name server request" link and the page shows

"Name Server Status:
    No name servers requested"

Anyone experienced this before?

Bryon-
    Yeah I had the same problem when I was trying to register my nameservers through Registerfly. I think that it is a glitch in their software. Just check out the internic site in the morning as I think that they are the fastest to update their whois database.

Thanks a lot, InsiderHosting.

Next time we can check with each other if we encounter any problems with RegisterFly.

Do you know if they charge extra for creating nameservers?

I read on a few other forums that they charge $9.99 for creating each nameserver. Have sent they a mail few days ago for a confirmation but they have yet to reply.

If they do charge, I am going to transfer my nameservers domains over to directnic or 000domains.

They don't charge for registering nameservers.

Thanks.

I think directnic do not charge to create the namserver but they charge $5 to manage DNS plus their charge $15 to register the domain ($20) so it's almost the same.

directDNS $5.00/per year Create A, MX, and CNAME Records
    http://www.directnic.com/features/prices.php
    Last edited by chilediez; 01-15-2002 at 12:03 PM.

use stargateinc.com. they don't charge anything for changes.

Some false rumours had been going around on other forums saying that they charge for creating nameserves.

It is confirmed that RegisterFly do NOT charge anything for creating nameservers. (of course, you need to pay for your domain first.)

I have some experiences with registerfly.com and 000domains.com. Both companys let you create your own name servers free of charge.
    With registerfly.com, you submit the request, they will setup for you. In my experiences, the whois DB was updated within 24~48 hours.
    With 000domains.com, you can create name servers online. With their "domain manager", you can manage this yourself. If any problems, the system will report to you. 000domains(OpenSRS) is the better choice if you run the web-hosting company or you want to update it frequently.

Question

Does 000domains offer reseller plans?

What are their prices?

I have email them but I have get answer yet.

Originally posted by chilediez
    Does 000domains offer reseller plans?
    [clip]
    I don't believe so. They are a reseller for OpenSRS. They may have an affiliate program that I'm not aware of, but I don't believe they have any reseller plans.

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net