new here, dont need much for hosting.

hi, new here..so Im not sure where all to look...

I dont need much.. nothing I require is demanding what so ever... I 'do' however want reliability.

my last was dirt cheap and supe reasy to use (control panel, simple simon to do anything) but for the price of buck somethign a month..thats what I get.

So maybe you guys can offfer some companies that dont go up and down all the time.. (stable email, http & ftp)

personal site / web developer

Space: not more than 300MB I would think
    Bandwidth: 5-10 GB maybe certainly not more..(not reallysure wat i ever used before..but that was at 5 GB I believe)
    Mail accounts: (unlimited or a lot)
    PHP
    mySQL

regular freebie stuff.. sub domains, parking possible/add-ons..etc..etc

anyone got any pointers?

thanks.

Most companies will be able to handle your requirements. My only recommendation if you want reliability, is to look for a host who has been around a few years. Also if the deal sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
    Last edited by bear; 01-10-2007 at 11:16 PM.

Smile

Request for uptime records from your selected list of hosts ~

hostgator.com , cyberservers.net they are good in prices and packages.

thanks..anyone got some LINKS to sites to check out?

Biju-

thanks for te names.. but int hostgator an 'OVERSELLER' as I see posted aroun here all the ime?

range I guess ouwl dbe 3-4 bucks a month buying in yearly increments always..

Quote Originally Posted by xl97
    thanks..anyone got some LINKS to sites to check out?

Biju-

thanks for te names.. but int hostgator an 'OVERSELLER' as I see posted aroun here all the ime?

My advice is pay yearly only if you are sure the host won't close shop or at least refund you the balance.
    OCEAN HOST
    www.ocean-host.com
    Get Online. Reach Worldwide.
    Check our uptime

I've been happy with Royalty Hosting and Servage. You might wanna give 'em a try!

my needs caused me to move elsewhere but i've used wirenine a couple of times in the past and was always pleased with their service and support. they are an upfront bunch of folks.

xl97; hi and welcome to WHT
    If you want to see page load times and mysql query times at servage, I've a domain there for testing. Send pm if interested in a "test-drive".
    -Mr Bister

Your requirements are more then normal, many of the hosting companies would accommodate your site easily, you just need to test the hosting company a bit with questions that are of your interest.

It could help much more the other WHT members to recommend you a host maybe if you could tell us a price-range.

Quote Originally Posted by felit0
    Most companies will be able to handle your requirements. My only recommendation if you want reliability, is to look for a host who has been around a few years. Also if the deal sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
    Isn't that the dinosaur from Toystory in your logo?

Hi!
    What's your budget?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by xl97

With a 3 to 4 dollar a month range that you are looking at you shouldn't have a problem finding a decent host that doesn't oversell. Take a look at the offers section.
    RelyHost.com - Reliable Web Hosting
    Small business and personal web hosting

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Isn't that the dinosaur from Toystory in your logo?
    No, I hand drew it myself and colored in Photoshop.

ASmallOrange.com's Small plan ($5/month) is suitable for your needs. They are a very reliable hosting provider and has excellent support.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPAPA
    Request for uptime records from your selected list of hosts ~
    I think that this is a good idea and it never hurts to ask a host to provide proof of their uptime history / that they can meet their uptime guarantee (if they offer one).

Good luck xl97.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

hi.

thanks for the replys!

Sorry if I didnt mention (thought I had)

was looking to maybe keep it to $3-4 bucks a month.. I dont use it much..really only for personal flash development/design that I do.

I will check out the servage & smallOrange (or whatever it was) mentioned here..

Where is the offers section someone had mentioned?

Are these 'memebers' who run their own hosting service or something?

Just wanna knwo what Im in store for when dealing in there.

thanks and keep the suggestions coming.

Many hosting companies have accounts here, some are active in the Hosting offer section (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45). If you find a good deal in there, be sure to search for others opinion before you sign up.
    -Mr Bister