Thread: search engines

search engines

does anybody have the links to all those dedicated server search engines or dedicated server lists?

i seem to have lost all my favorites and those went bye-bye with it....

(there was one inparticular that allowed you to search various ways; specifically what i need is to be able to search my state (loacation))

i did a quick search and found nothing valuable in my eyes at least

any healp would be appreciated....

feel free to flame... AFTER links have been posted :wink:

http://www.hostindex.com/
    http://www.thewhir.com/
    http://www.webhostingmall.com/

Those are a few I know of off the top of my head, you can check out the Dedicated Offers forums here at WHT too.

Thanks a lot.... still cant find this one ive used before... getting real frustrating

You can just ask specific questions on this message board, that's what it's for after all

But do your homework first, don't ask questions like "What's the best dedicated server provider?" and such.

There are a few questions you should have answers to, so that good advice can be given.

Three of possible questions in no special order of priority:

1) what's your budget?

2) do you need a fully managed server or you can manage it on your own/will hire an admin?

3) what type site/sites you will be running? This will help find a provider that has servers that will satisfy your needs as fas as hardware specs go, etc. For example, if you will be running a game server, the list of possible providers will be smaller, as response times are very important in running game servers.

That should be enough to begin with.

well i was only planning on using the search to find other solutions to east coast dedicated servers/co-location

but searching these forums i found quite a few good ones that ill prolly go with...

originally i wouldve gone with dedicatednow, but i really dont like how their website is like a bait-and-switch tactic saying that its so and so a month... but thats only if you prepay for a year...

to me thats bad marketing...

but thats just my .02cents on that company....

i know lostpacket (i think thats who it is) does hosting in NY, but does he have a website?

but i really dont have a reason for a east-coast server yet....

as id rather get even more comfortable with dedicated servers in TX since they are cheaper (no reason to pay more for my mistakes now )

Thanks for the help though,

Chris

Originally posted by zero0ne
    well i was only planning on using the search to find other solutions to east coast dedicated servers/co-location

but searching these forums i found quite a few good ones that ill prolly go with...

originally i wouldve gone with dedicatednow, but i really dont like how their website is like a bait-and-switch tactic saying that its so and so a month... but thats only if you prepay for a year...

to me thats bad marketing...

but thats just my .02cents on that company....

Chris
    We don't offer pre-payment discounts, or annual contracts, are you sure you're thinking of us? I really tried to be as straight forward with DedicatedNOW when developing it, and keeping it that way. The only thing I can think of, is that we offer servers with and without setup fees, equating to a higher/lower monthly payment depending on your choice of payment, but that's about it.

Thanks,
    Matthew McCormick
    Director of Customer Care
    www.caro.net
    mmccormick@carohosting.com

I AM sooo sorry dedicatednow....!!! i got the websites messed up it is um let me check the link again www.superbservers.com thats the one i meant....

actually now that i re-checked your site, i rememebr which one yours is now its the one i couldnt figure out how to get to the order form.... lol (i figured it out after a bit though)

But again,

Sorry for the mix-up completely my fault for not double checking...

and i have to say... your post was very professional and NOT rude, that is really appreciated... especially since there are those out there that would reply with a "sorry, your wrong" or some sarcastic/rude reply.

thougt id ask this for future reference, does dedicatednow offer custom jobs?

Chris

Thank you for clearing that up for me Chris, I appreciate your clearing this up for myself and anyone else. For the question about "custom jobs" DedicatedNOW is specific to the servers and services offered on the website, as buying bulk quantities was the way we were able to sustain lower costs. Our sister company Pegasus is able to provide you with custom servers though. If you'd like to e-mail me off-forum, I'd be happy to discuss with you.

Thanks again,
    Matthew McCormick
    Director of Customer Care
    www.caro.net
    mmccormick@carohosting.com