Need Software for Website

I need software for a site and it doesn't have to be free. It just has to be good and not too hard to install.

I'll need a questionnaire which is then used to create a recovery plan, a daily tracker, automatic emails on a set schedule (based on results of the questionnaire). Also would like to have live chat, online courses. I'll need the ability for customers to sign up, pay with credit cards, manage account, etc. Am I looking for a do it all cms program or several programs?

Thanks

you need many programs . please start searching at hotscripts.com - you might end up hiring someone to write program which does all these for you.

Take a look at Kayako's SupportSuite, it has a ton of features and a lot of the stuff that your looking for. As far as the signup features it integrates with ModernBill very nicely.

Kayako SupportSuite - www.kayako.com
    ModernBill - www.modernbill.com

Otherwise I think your going to need something custom developed.
    Jeffrey J. Dodge
    RWJD.Com | [url=http://www.filehost.nu]FileHost.nu

If you require something custom built just for your specifications and requirements, you should hire some PHP developer(s) to make it for you and if you think what you need is quite popular, search for qualifies vendors on www and make your choice.
    PHPKB Knowledge Base Software - Share information with your staff and customers.
    Trusted by NASA, 3M, Hitachi, CNN, VMware, Fujifilm, Top Universities & Government of USA, Canada & Australia.
    PHPKB, the smart way to manage your knowledge base.

Their software seems fairly easy to use:
    http://www.interspire.com
    Dorian George

I wasn't trying to say one product was better than another. Saying one piece of software is better than another depends on what you are trying to do and what the you prefer. (Kind of like the OS debate on web servers Linux is of course best unless you are running a Windows box then windows is the best ;P I was trying to give him options. I do not think Fisherman is going to find one product to do everything he is asking for.

I think his best solutions for getting what he wants will be custom built, however he may not have the time or resources to hire a few developers for a few months to eternity to build / maintain a custom portal for him. That being said another option would be to use some sort of framework like SiteCenter or ArticleLive and then start building onto it by adding scripts he needs like: live chat, questionnaires, etc.. I am sure there are other frameworks that could be used, some that come to mind are PHPnuke, Drupal, see link below for more.

Another option depending on what hes trying to do would be use Modernbill or something else that has integration for Plesk, cPanel, Directadmin, etc.. This would get most of the billing and account setup out of the way.

Below is the link referenced above. It has a fairly extensive list of open source CMS, e-commerce, forums, e-learning, chat(under misc), and wiki just to name a few. You would still have to integrate them all together in some form or fashion, but it could give you a head start.

http://www.opensourcecms.com/

Hope this helps.
    Dorian George

I appreciate the replies but it seems that I no longer need the software. I think that the client that wanted a quote was a designer trying to get us to do her leg work for her.

I know a couple of folks like that. Don't you just hate that? Ah well...

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman
    I appreciate the replies but it seems that I no longer need the software.
    Then we can close this up

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    Then we can close this up
    Yes, Thank you.