Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Beware gaming-solutions.com selling plans that they don't have

Hi,
    Ok, I don't know actually how to describe this. I think it's more like a fraud in my opinion.
    A week ago I ordered 2 small plans , each with dedicated IP's, they have set up the account quickly , I didn't noticed at first, but they have set the to plans on 1 shared IP.
    When I asked the support what is wrong, they told me that they are ran out of UK IP's, and are waiting for new ones. I said OK.
    Then each day afterwards, they came up with lame excuses. My passion has ran out today and I asked them to cancel my accounts and give me a refund. How was I surprised when they refused to do that, and were starting telling me something about there T&C and other BS...
    I mean the guys selling something they don't have, making money from it. I think it's against the law or something to do this kind of stuff.
    Please suggest me what to do with this situation, it's not a matter of 10$ that I payed to them, but it's a matter of principle.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello Maxim

You signed up to web hosting 5 days ago, We have only had the query about the dedicated ip yesterday evening, I said to you then i will look into the issue, We have informed you 1 time (that being 10 minutes ago (now)), Not lots of days, the problem, and we have informed you of the solution being we will issue you with the dedicated ips soon once they are issued to us, We have offered to transfer your account to our USA server where we have dedicated ips for you, but you refused this offer,

I have also said to you, i will provide you with free web hosting untill the dedicated ips have been issued, but again you refused,

Cheers
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GS-Liam View Post
    Hello Maxim

You signed up to web hosting 5 days ago, We have only had the query about the dedicated ip yesterday evening, I said to you then i will look into the issue, We have informed you 1 time (that being 10 minutes ago (now)), Not lots of days, the problem, and we have informed you of the solution being we will issue you with the dedicated ips soon once they are issued to us, We have offered to transfer your account to our USA server where we have dedicated ips for you, but you refused this offer,

I have also said to you, i will provide you with free web hosting untill the dedicated ips have been issued, but again you refused,

Cheers
    This is not an excuse for selling things that you don't have, and I don't need your free hostings and US IP's. I want exactly what I ordered and payed for.
      0 Not allowed!

By the way forgot to mention . I ordered a UK IP's from them.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by maxim79 View Post
    This is not an excuse for selling things that you don't have, and I don't need your free hostings and US IP's. I want exactly what I ordered and payed for.
    The order form is the same for our USA, we can’t limit only the UK ones,

Abusing our company and support staff and throwing threats ECT about isn’t a good way to treat us when we are doing our best to get these dedicated ips issued to your account ASAP
      0 Not allowed!

Abusing our company and support staff and throwing threats ECT about isn’t a good way to treat us when we are doing our best to get these dedicated ips issued to your account ASAP
    Can you post the threats he gave you ?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjørn-Erik Hansen View Post
    Can you post the threats he gave you ?
    muxir says:
    if you won't give me a refund, i'll make a thread like this: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=904434 on all hosting boards, telling how lame you are
    you screwed me, and this is not a T&C and other ********
    by the way a have means to make this thread no1 at google, if you would look for seo-host.com
    muxir says:
    i'll find a way to teach you a lesson
      0 Not allowed!

Again, this is not an excuse.
    No one was threatening you or your company. You are doing unlawful things, and your potential customers should be warned.
      0 Not allowed!

muxir says:
    if you won't give me a refund, i'll make a thread like this: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=904434 on all hosting boards, telling how lame you are
    by the way a have means to make this thread no1 at google, if you would look for seo-host.com
    muxir says:
    Nothing wrong with it. They guy sold the plan that he don't have and refuses to give a refund. I think people should know that
      0 Not allowed!

You use WHMCS and you separate your US and UK services as two different products. Under add-ons you can un-select the UK servers/services from the dedicated IP addon... That'd stop people from being able to purchase an IP for UK X package. In case you didn't know.

http://wiki.whmcs.com/Addons_and_Con...Product_Addons

So yes, you can limit it. As with your argument with the OP, I'll just wait..
    The Simple Host Ltd - Premium Quality European Web Hosting - Uptime Stats
    Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    15-Day Money Back Guarantee, Nightly Backups, Installatron, Softaculous, RVSiteBuilder PRO, Instant Setup - All as standard!
    Call (+44) 0845 300 9066 for more information.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TSH-Nathan View Post
    You use WHMCS and you separate your US and UK services as two different products. Under add-ons you can un-select the UK servers/services from the dedicated IP addon... That'd stop people from being able to purchase an IP for UK X package. In case you didn't know.

So yes, you can limit it. As with your argument with the OP, I'll just wait..
    OK, then he is not incompetent. Why I should pay for that?
    And why if he screwed he refuses to give a refund?
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the information this has now been done!
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the information this has now been done!
    No problem
    15-Day Money Back Guarantee, Nightly Backups, Installatron, Softaculous, RVSiteBuilder PRO, Instant Setup - All as standard!
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks to TSH-Nathan for the help, but please don't offtopic. This is not a thread on how to use WHM.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks to TSH-Nathan for the help, but please don't offtopic. This is not a thread on how to use WHM.
    At that point in time, I was being completely on-topic.
      0 Not allowed!

muxir says:
    muxir says:
    Nothing wrong with that ? This forum got Freedom of Speach, so he's in his full right to post his experience with you.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjørn-Erik Hansen View Post
    Nothing wrong with that ? This forum got Freedom of Speach, so he's in his full right to post his experience with you.
    Until the host breaks their Privacy Policy to post such text.

Honestly, the host is not in the wrong in this case. It's not a matter of them selling a product that they don't have -- it's simply temporarily out of stock.

Most datacenter facilities won't issue IP address blocks outside of business hours, and it sounds like the OP has taken things a bit too far.

My advice? Calm down and wait a day for the IP address.

It's no life or death situation, and in the end, you will receive the product.

Now, if it's never delivered, that's another story. However, in this case, the company is attempting to provide you the product of which they have sold, but you are not even providing ample time for them to produce the product.

They have not broken a single law, and I fully stand by them in this situation -- especially since this is a common occurrence.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ClubUptime View Post
    Until the host breaks their Privacy Policy to post such text.

Honestly, the host is not in the wrong in this case. It's not a matter of them selling a product that they don't have -- it's simply temporarily out of stock.

Most datacenter facilities won't issue IP address blocks outside of business hours, and it sounds like the OP has taken things a bit too far.

My advice? Calm down and wait a day for the IP address.

It's no life or death situation, and in the end, you will receive the product.

Now, if it's never delivered, that's another story. However, in this case, the company is attempting to provide you the product of which they have sold, but you are not even providing ample time for them to produce the product.

They have not broken a single law, and I fully stand by them in this situation -- especially since this is a common occurrence.
    Thank you for the post

His dedicated ips will be issued to his account as soon as we have them issued to us to issue to the OP here
      0 Not allowed!

So, my dear Hosters, in your opinion selling plans that you don't have is right or wrong?

I am talking from the point of view of a customer, not as a hoster
      0 Not allowed!

So, my dear Hosters, in your opinion selling plans that you don't have is right or wrong?

I am talking from the point of view of a customer, not as a hoster
    They are not selling a plan they didn't have, the sold you an addon which they currently do not have in stock. Whilst this is not the best way to do things (I would personally disable the add-on if not available), its not the end of the world.

If they had said nothing to you and were not replying - I could understand where you were coming from. However, the company has offered you free hosting until the dedicated IP gets assigned to your account.

I know you feel hard done by, but the company has done their up most to try and apologise for the problem. It's not like they're refusing to give you you're IP.

RIPE (the EU version of ARIN) is a bit harder to work with than ARIN (rightly so IMO).. In the US you can get IP's pretty freely, however, RIPE require details of the IP usage. [correct me if I'm wrong about ARIN]
      0 Not allowed!

They are not selling a plan they didn't have, the sold you an addon which they currently do not have in stock. Whilst this is not the best way to do things (I would personally disable the add-on if not available), its not the end of the world.

If they had said nothing to you and were not replying - I could understand where you were coming from. However, the company has offered you free hosting until the dedicated IP gets assigned to your account.

I know you feel hard done by, but the company has done their up most to try and apologise for the problem. It's not like they're refusing to give you you're IP.

RIPE (the EU version of ARIN) is a bit harder to work with than ARIN (rightly so IMO).. In the US you can get IP's pretty freely, however, RIPE require details of the IP usage. [correct me if I'm wrong about ARIN]
    Well, in that case, if the person (hoster) is honest, he would acknowledge that he screwed , and make refund to the customer if he wishes to cancel a plan.
      0 Not allowed!

Be careful which bridges you decide to burn here... don't whine over something so trivial. Everyone here is around to help and attacking someone and exaggerating the information is going to get you no where fast.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, in that case, if the person (hoster) is honest, he would acknowledge that he screwed , and make refund to the customer if he wishes to cancel a plan.
    I do agree. And if it happened I would learn from the mistake and move on.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by fkatzenb View Post
    Be careful which bridges you decide to burn here... don't whine over something so trivial. Everyone here is around to help and attacking someone and exaggerating the information is going to get you no where fast.
    What's trivial about? I mind ask...
      0 Not allowed!

What's trivial about? I mind ask...
    Trivial = So small!

As i said to you your dedicated ips will be issued as soon as we're able to when there issued to us
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast