Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

WiredTree - a fraud ?

like a month ago i got a vps from wiredtree and i wanted to cancel so i submitted a form stating that i want to cancel but they didn't agree and said that i must pay for the next month invoice ! and that it was stated in the tos and i told them that i won't be able to pay that's too strange that even why i wanted to cancel how you ask me to pay for some thing just i won't use and don't even want it and they told me if i don't pay they will suspend me so i told them it's ok suspend me i don't want it, but they kept sending me invoices first a 10$ late fee and then a new invoice for the 3 rd month ! i stopped using their vps from the first month, what can i do now ?
      0 Not allowed!

Did you
    -cancel your account 7 days before the next billing cycle? or
    -did not cancel through opening a ticket at their client portal or
    -do not have all account information (not being the authorized user)

If not, I don't see the reason why they do not agree with the cancellation of your account.

Account Cancellation

Client must submit service cancellations by opening a ticket through our client portal at least 7 days but not more than 30 days before the end of the service's billing cycle. Cancellation requests are not accepted through phone, email, fax, or any other method besides through opening a ticket through our client portal. You must have all account information to cancel an account. Only the authorized account holder may cancel the account.
    In the event of cancellation, customer will automatically be billed for any excess bandwidth usage during the then-current monthly billing cycle.

Source:http://www.wiredtree.com/legal/tos.php
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    Did you
    -cancel your account 7 days before the next billing cycle? or
    -did not cancel through opening a ticket at their client portal or
    -do not have all account information (not being the authorized user)

If not, I don't see the reason why they do not agree with the cancellation of your account.
    I canceled more than 7 days from the next billing cycle and through opening a ticket and iam an authorized user but they said that any open invoices must be paid before canceling and they opened a new invoice way too soon.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Unleash View Post
    I canceled more than 7 days from the next billing cycle and through opening a ticket and iam an authorized user but they said that any open invoices must be paid before canceling and they opened a new invoice way too soon.
    So the problem here lies in that you did not pay your bills before cancelling right? It is your fault then.
      0 Not allowed!

It is your fault then.
    I thought so too, but rereading the OP's statement changed my mind about it a bit. If invoices are generated early, then the 7 days requirement makes no real sense, and only serves to confuse the customer with regard to cancellation scheduling.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    I thought so too, but rereading the OP's statement changed my mind about it a bit. If invoices are generated early, then the 7 days requirement makes no real sense, and only serves to confuse the customer with regard to cancellation scheduling.
    But then, when does WiredTree issue the invoice?
      0 Not allowed!

But then, when does WiredTree issue the invoice?
    3 days before the due date
    Web Hosting Plus
    Premium Australian Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SSHocker View Post
    3 days before the due date
    If thats the case, shouldn't WiredTree sent their invoice earlier or lower the cancellation pre-notification duration? I sure hope to hear Zac's opinions on this.
      0 Not allowed!

@Abu Mami - spam trolling - (as usually) reported for insultive offtopic personally related remarks.
    @Unleash - it's nothing wrong with your english. We understand you and that's only matters.

So, you got invoice in lets say 10 days before new billing cycle, canceled hosting some day later and they want from you to pay it anyway? In case that you really requested cancelation through support ticket 7 days before the end of the service's billing cycle it's obviously their mistake.
    Last edited by Spirit; 04-10-2009 at 11:10 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by testnick View Post
    So, you got invoice in lets say 10 days before new billing cycle
    NO - lets say 3 days, because they are the facts.
    Web Hosting Plus
    Premium Australian Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

For me, never had a problem with Wiredtree.

OP as 2 posts, for this thread only. Not very credible to me.

Pretty strange that ccording to OP, Wiredtree as already sent 3 monthly invoices, while as he said, he is supposed to be in is 2 months of service. Something doesnt add up.

The 10$ late fee is in their tos. Seems to be another case of user who didnt read the tos before ordering.

If this is a real case, hope Zac clarify things.
      0 Not allowed!

No, we're definitely not a fraud.

Unlesh, please email me the ticket ID so I can look into it.

We do have a 7 day cancellation policy like LaptopFreak posted in our TOS. Invoices are sent out 7 days in advance for most of our clients, however, there are some clients who have been with us for a long time who get invoices 3 days in advance because that is what we originally did.
    Zac Cogswell / CEI
    Formerly known as WiredTree Zac
      0 Not allowed!

If you fail to follow the procedures to which you agreed to, who's the fraud in this case? Certainly not Wiredtree.
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr
      0 Not allowed!

He did not email me his ticket ID, but he did tell our billing department he posted on WHT, so I was able to review the ticket. I just wanted to clarify what happened.

He did get an invoice 7 days in advance of his renewal date, he put in a cancellation request 2 days before his renewal date, which is not the 7 days notice we require and is clearly stated in the TOS. He got angry with us after being informed of that and then admitted in the ticket that he did not ever even read the TOS. The reason he got the late fee is that he refused to pay the invoice and then his account was automatically suspended later and a late fee was added.

There is definitely no fraud whatsoever on our part.
    Zac Cogswell / CEI
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by WiredTree Zac View Post
    He did not email me his ticket ID, but he did tell our billing department he posted on WHT, so I was able to review the ticket. I just wanted to clarify what happened.

He did get an invoice 7 days in advance of his renewal date, he put in a cancellation request 2 days before his renewal date, which is not the 7 days notice we require and is clearly stated in the TOS. He got angry with us after being informed of that and then admitted in the ticket that he did not ever even read the TOS. The reason he got the late fee is that he refused to pay the invoice and then his account was automatically suspended later and a late fee was added.

good to hear I trust ya.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.
      0 Not allowed!

I never understood why you must cancel before past due date, maybe this should be another topic.. If they don't pay by due date, you suspend them. Why would you set a 48 hour deadline to pay and if you don't you get late fees?

Just seems like a way to scare customers into paying...
      0 Not allowed!

A cancellation notice is very common in the service industry.

In any event, yes, it should be a new topic since it does not apply to this situation specifically. In fact, I remember seeing a thread about this in the Web Hosting Forum not too long ago with discussion from both providers and customers.
    Zac Cogswell / CEI
      0 Not allowed!

He did get an invoice 7 days in advance of his renewal date, he put in a cancellation request 2 days before his renewal date
    Well, that settles it all right. Good to hear your policies make sense.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by WiredTree Zac View Post

As expected... However, Zac, I suggest that you either issue the invoice earlier or lower the advance notice duration as you are as good as asking the client to make a decision in <24 hours time, which IMO is not sufficient.

Just my $0.02.
      0 Not allowed!

if i got suspended then why you billed me for the 3 month ?!
      0 Not allowed!

if i got suspended then why you billed me for the 3 month ?!
    Cause you are suspended, not terminated.
      0 Not allowed!

how can this make sense to you ! i don't understand
    first they ask me to pay for the 2 month just because they opened an invoice for it
    then they suspend me but keep sending me invoices for the 3 month and 4 - 5 and so on
    while iam not using it !
    it just seems to be a fraud to me while most webhosts offers 30 days money back they have we ask for it you pay for it tos even if you don't use it or and even you asked to cancel !
    Last edited by Unleash; 04-11-2009 at 01:41 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

how can this make sense to you ! i don't understand
    first they ask me to pay for the 2 month just because they opened an invoice for it
    then they suspend me but keep sending me invoices for the 3 month and 4 - 5 and so on
    while iam not using it !
    it just seems to be a fraud to me while most webhosts offers 30 days money back they have we ask for it you pay for it tos even if you don't use it or and even you asked to cancel !
    Cause you did not follow their cancellation policy. Due to you not following their policy, your cancellation request is not entertained. As such, you are billed for the following month, over and over again until you pay your bills.
      0 Not allowed!

Cause you did not follow their cancellation policy. Due to you not following their policy, your cancellation request is not entertained. As such, you are billed for the following month, over and over again until you pay your bills.
    He canceled his account 2 days before his 1st month of service was over.

WiredTree said that since he did not cancel 7 days in advance, that he had to pay for the second month of service. When he did not pay for the 2nd month, they added a late fee.

Then they sent an invoice for a 3rd month.

He told them to cancel after the 1st month, the total debt he owes WiredTree is the 2nd month payment and the 2nd month late fee.

By refusing to close his account, there essentially charging him a 100% interest rate on the debt, month after month.

Credit Card companies charge a maximum (by law) of 30% per year.

WiredTree can't just keep his account open, accumulating new monthly fees. Once he told them to close it, he owed them for vps charges up until the cancellation, and from there on an annual interest rate < 30% on that debt.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CodePC View Post
    WiredTree can't just keep his account open, accumulating new monthly fees.
    but the cancellation didn't go through in the first place.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast