Thread: Ticket question

Ticket question

I am planning on going in July and would like to know what the difference in the $25 ticket and the $395 ticket is going to be for me. I am going basically to meet some fellow hosters for a few days and just hang out. Would like to go to any of the parties that may happen such as the one Fastservers had last year.

I am coming with my wife and honestly I have no need for the full deal because conference sessions will just serve no real purpose for me so I can't see dropping $800 compared to $150 (if that is $25 x 3 days x 2 people)

Can you please explain exactly what we WON'T be able to access other than meals and speechs with the exhibit hall passes only?

Also any update on when registration will become available, I along with a few others I have spoken with are ready to start booking some flights and rooms seeing as it is getting close with less than 6 months left tickets are probably about as cheap as they are going to be right now.

Also will the hotel offer be available to those with exhibit passes only?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by OKI-Paul
    I am planning on going in July and would like to know what the difference in the $25 ticket and the $395 ticket is going to be for me. I am going basically to meet some fellow hosters for a few days and just hang out. Would like to go to any of the parties that may happen such as the one Fastservers had last year.

I am coming with my wife and honestly I have no need for the full deal because conference sessions will just serve no real purpose for me so I can't see dropping $800 compared to $150 (if that is $25 x 3 days x 2 people)

Can you please explain exactly what we WON'T be able to access other than meals and speechs with the exhibit hall passes only?
    The Full Conference is $395 but there will be discount codes available that will knock that down to $325 each.

The exhibit hall only passes are $25 for all three days, so for two people $50.

The exhibit hall passes get you access to basically everything besides the 32 conference sessions, the breakfasts, and the lunches. Some of the after parties may have limited space, so there will be some type of ticket needed. Details on that will be available at a later time.

Also any update on when registration will become available, I along with a few others I have spoken with are ready to start booking some flights and rooms seeing as it is getting close with less than 6 months left tickets are probably about as cheap as they are going to be right now.
    Registration will open in the next 2-3 weeks.

Also will the hotel offer be available to those with exhibit passes only?

Thank you
    Yes, the group rate is open to anyone attending, exhibiting, or speaking at HostingCon 2006. You can book hotel rooms now. Check out the travel/hotel section on hostingcon.com for details.
    George A. Roberts IV ~ President & CEO, Purity Networks

Powerful, easy to use antispam services

Thank you!

When will the speakers and such be confirmed?

Im in the same boat and just want to go to the expo hall and meet up with everyone again.... Considering buying one of the 1 day tickets if any of the speakers/sessions are worth it for me...
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by UH-Matt
    When will the speakers and such be confirmed?

Im in the same boat and just want to go to the expo hall and meet up with everyone again.... Considering buying one of the 1 day tickets if any of the speakers/sessions are worth it for me...
    Proposals are due by February 13th and it'll probably take us a couple of weeks to sort through everything after that. Those proposals that we get in that we decide to accept we will post pretty quickly, so you'll start to see sessions getting posted soon.

Also any update on when registration will become available ...
    Shhh.... you might want to check the hostingcon.com site. But don't tell anyone I told you!

Great! I am in the process of buying the exhibit hall pass only and I can not choose 3 days, it will only bill me for one I would assume I would need a pass for each day correct? I will probably be heading to Cali on the third day but figured I would grab the third day anyway just incase I end up sticking around that day.

Also I have one person coming with me won't I need one for each person to enter? Do I need to order under the other persons name also or can I order them somehow under the company name for both of us?

Hotel booking will come right after I get this straightened away.

I seem to remember last year having to buy each ticket we wanted, as a new order in the new persons name.

I assumed the exhibit hall pass was for all 3 days.... I cant believe we would have to buy one for each day.

Ticketting is wierd this year.
    Matt Wallis

Great! I am in the process of buying the exhibit hall pass only and I can not choose 3 days, it will only bill me for one I would assume I would need a pass for each day correct? I will probably be heading to Cali on the third day but figured I would grab the third day anyway just incase I end up sticking around that day.

Also I have one person coming with me won't I need one for each person to enter? Do I need to order under the other persons name also or can I order them somehow under the company name for both of us?

Hotel booking will come right after I get this straightened away.
    Full Conference and Exhibits Only passes are for all 3 days. The only one you have to select a day for is the Single Day Conference Registration, which essentially gets you 3 days of exhibit hall and 1 of those 3 (you choose the day) is full conference.

And yes, you have to do a separate registration for each person. Each person gets their own login to the hostingcon.com website, so the registrations need to be processed separately. However, you can put them both under your company name... just fill in the same company name.

I seem to remember last year having to buy each ticket we wanted, as a new order in the new persons name.

I assumed the exhibit hall pass was for all 3 days.... I cant believe we would have to buy one for each day.

Ticketting is wierd this year.
    It's the exact same as it was last year. We just added an additional level - Single Day Conference. We did that because the costs were increased for Full Conference and we wanted to have a "middle ground" option for people who wanted to get access to some of the conferences, but not pay the full conference price. In addition, because we have 3 days this year it makes more sense. Last year with only two days it didn't make sense to have a single day conference pass.

The full conference and exhibits only passes have not changed at all from last year.

The registration process is a little different this year, but only in the fact that we first prompt for email address and password to create an account, then go on to the contact details. Last year the email/password fields were on the same page.

Thanks sitwist, also the lady at the Mirage said all the rooms have windows but you can get a 'strip view' window for $20/night extra. It is also the deluxe room if any of you want to go to the site and check it out.

Just phoned up and booked us some rooms.

Also paid $20/night more for a strip room viewing the vulcano out front of the hotel

I assume all the rooms have internet access, forgot to ask.
    Matt Wallis

Just phoned up and booked us some rooms.

Also paid $20/night more for a strip room viewing the vulcano out front of the hotel

I assume all the rooms have internet access, forgot to ask.
    Yes, there is a cat5 jack in all the rooms.

Did you for for exhibit hall only Paul?

JUst about to book our passes. Only really want exhibit hall and keynotes, but dont want to miss out when the week arrives!
    Matt Wallis

We have got flights booked. Still need to book hotel and conference passes though. Based on last year, at this stage I think we will probably just go for the Exhibit Hall passes, but I guess I will see what the conference schedule looks like first. The Exhibit Hall passes still get you into all of the keynotes etc. which is good.

I would agree with what Matt posted above about having to register each attendee separately. It would be good if the registration system asked a simple question like "How many employees from your organisation will be attending?" then if you select say two, it asks you to provide the details for those two individuals. No big deal, but might help to streamline things for those bringing a good number of people along.

- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Rochen
    I would agree with what Matt posted above about having to register each attendee separately. It would be good if the registration system asked a simple question like "How many employees from your organisation will be attending?" then if you select say two, it asks you to provide the details for those two individuals. No big deal, but might help to streamline things for those bringing a good number of people along.
    The main reason we didn't do this is time. It would have required us to rewrite significant portions of our registration code, and we just didn't have the time to do that for this year.

There is also some concern since each user gets their own password to the website. I suppose that if you're registering everyone in your company you're probably typing in passwords for them anyway, so that's not really any different.

It's definately something we'll take into consideration. I don't think it will happen this year, but we'll definately look at it for next year's registration.