Angry Spam Filter! Help!

I have dedicated server and I need spam filer I have spam filer in Ensim control panel but it don’t work good, all my clients get like 50 to 60 spam every day per email address, can any one tell me what to do which spam filter to use, I need not to expensive, please help me out thanks.

SpamAssassin ?

Can i know the what mailserver you are running?

Ensim Pro already comes with Spamassassin

we are using SquirrelMail version 1.4.5

Squirrelmail is just the webmail client. Spamassassin would work well, but Im curious to what is running your spam filter now. Do you use a complete control panel to administrate the server like Plesk or cPanel?

Silly

i am using SquirrelMail version 1.4.5 with ensim pro control panel and in ensim Spamassassin comes, but we are facing spam mail, what to do....

Check your spam assassin settings and increase the spam filtering level by reducing the value for "required_score" in the spamassassin configuration file. Decreasing this will lower the points for which a mail will be considered spam and consequently filtered by SpamAssassin.
    Regards,
    Rose [rose@instacarma.com]
    InstaCarma.com
    24x7 Technical Support and Server Management

Increasing the threshold of spamassassin will also cause you more false positives. Can you describe the type of spam that you're receiving that spamassassin isn't blocking? All spam filters have weaknesses in the type of spam they're good at blocking.

I would recommend a service such as spamstopshere or edoxs brightmail. People think that spamassassin is "cheaper", but it will cost one more due to management costs and damage from false positives. Also, one basically needs to review all messages tagged as spam by spamassassin, due to inaccuracy, so you might as well have them sent to your inbox for review (not use an anti-spam product).
    -Mark Adams
    www.bitserve.com - Secure Michigan web hosting for your business.
    Only host still offering a full money back uptime guarantee and prorated refunds.
    Offering advanced server management and security incident response!

Mailscanner has been good for me - now that I've found the "learn" interface, just tick which is spam and works fine in a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by grandad
    Mailscanner has been good for me - now that I've found the "learn" interface, just tick which is spam and works fine in a short time.
    'learn' interface? could you please explain ?

Where can I get a interface for mailscanner to train?

Thanks

If you can, stop the spam from even hitting spamassassin and razor/pyzor and dcc... kill while the smtp session is still going on, before its accepted to your mail queue.

On a typical day my mail servers are blocking 60, 70, 80% of spam at that level, which means, yes, 60, 70% less bandwidth used for mail that is just going to be discarded or bounced (if posisble).

Spam volume as % of total : 3.82%
    (that which passes through SMTP)

Of what makes it through the first challenge, most of the rest is dealt with using fairly stock Spamassassin rules, simply tags 'spam' with score of 5 and above, bounces spam level > 6.5 (system defaults, not user settings - those are adjustable). Pyzor and DCC round out the picture (via SA). Bayesian filters on too.

Average message score : 1.41
    Average spam score : 12.42
    Average clean message score : 0.33
    Spams : 8.55%
    Clean messages : 91.45%

Have found this to be almost self-managing, but I watch it anyway.
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”

But there is a "learning" interface for mailscanner?

Someone knows something about that?