subdomains on eart***** hosting

Admins, please move this if it's in the wrong forum - couldn't tell if it should be hosting or domains.

I have a domain name registered and a hosting account with eart*****. I'd like to use subdomains to categorize my site, ie. subdomain1.mydomain.com pointing to /www/subdomain1/index.html, etc.

However, I can't figure out how to set this up and Eart***** tech support was of no help. The Eart***** Biz's DNS editor lets me edit a Zone file with a few subdomains already in there (www, ftp, pop) going back to the main site but I can't figure out how to get anything to point to the folder structure.

I am not sure if it is being hosted on an Apache server but I sure can't find the httpd.conf file, so that doesn't seem to be an option.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this?

Thanks!

usally subdomains work like so:

subdomain1.yourdomain.com =>
    /usrname/public_html/subdomain1

subdomain2.yourdomain.com =>
    /usrname/public_html/subdomain2

but this is on a linux enviornment.

Hope you get some assistance with this. I must say I'm surprised that your host couldn't help you get this set up!

Personally, I would expect any host worth their salt to have this procedure in their FAQ - or else at their fingertips.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Actually, what they told me was that I could have subdomains that point to entirely different domains, ie. site2.mydomain.com -> site2.com, but I could not point to the directory structure of my own site.

I thought that was ridiculous, so I figured I'd look around on the net, but the lack of access to administrative files limits me...

Thanks for your comments, any more ideas?

Edit: the FAQs only mention the most basic of topics, while the link to the support forum is broken...