Thread: Moving Day!!

Moving Day!!

Our first VPS!! We've been using different reseller accounts for the past couple of years and finally made the jump to a VPS, prompted by a lot of email and server problems that we have been having for the past few weeks.
    Everything seems great so far. Loading time on all sites - including .php sites - is noticeably much faster. Plus we've now got tons of bandwidth and a lot more space. Why didn't we do this sooner.
    I couldn't be happier...
    Cutting Edge Hardware Reviews - FastLane Hardware Forums

Hi,

Its a nice feeling when your in alot more control of your websites and their performance. Good luck with it!

Who did you decide to go with?

PowerVPS.
    My sites have never loaded so quickly. I extremely happy with my choice. The support is also very friendly and helpful and they respond quickly.

powervps

Does PowerVPS help you with firewalls and security?

Yes. On my cPanel installation, APF is already up and running (which is nice, as I usually do this myself so it's a pleasent change!) for you. I would highly recommend their services.

Regards,

Martyn

how long have you been using them, I am in your same situation on a whm cpanel reseller account I want to go to vps but I am worried about the security stuff. Is liquidweb pretty good with support and stuff.

I just want to transfer my clients to our server and pray that nothing wrong occurs lol

For about three or four days now. By far they (PowerWeb) are the best VPS solution out there, and I would probably say overall they are the best hosting company I've dealt with so far too.

Regards,

Martyn

Re: powervps

Originally posted by rbrowme
    Does PowerVPS help you with firewalls and security?
    APF comes standard install, as does secure /tmp and a bunch of other things for our cPanel customers to apache/php etc to secure it even further.

Just so there is no confusion, I recently opened a VPS account with Power VPS . I have used Powweb in the past and had a very bad experience with them, I would never recommend them to anyone.
    P.S. Tom, I didn't see your post just above me...thanks for all your help in getting us up and running again.
    Last edited by web docta; 03-16-2005 at 08:39 PM.

web docta: come back and post a review in a few months of your provider!

Glad to hear everything is working out for you.

okay thats odd. Servint told me that APF firewall could not be installed on any vps server.

okay thats odd. Servint told me that APF firewall could not be installed on any vps server.
    It couldn't be installed on the older versions of Virtuozzo, but the 2.6.1 Release supports stateful firewalls now.

I just opened an account with powervps after reading all the postive feedback, hope my experience is a good one

Well, first experience with PowerVPS. Got a call this morning to confirm my order, they left a voice message to call back at their toll free number. I cannot reach anybody there at both the Sales and Tech Support extension. Sent them an email.

Well, we could of called you at 6am this morning our time but decided against it.

Anyhow, looks like you just got off the phone with someone from PowerVPS to confirm your order, and they also spent some time with you and explained how to do the account transfers. You should have your VPS Welcome Email in a bit, if you need further help with the transfers, just submit a ticket and someone can assist you.

Thank you for your business!
    Tom

I have to say, response time from when I emailed to got a call back was Fast! So far so good

I am considering getting my first VPS, so excuse my current ignorance, but why is APF so important to you?

Is it just a personal preference, and don't the servint VPS solutions already include a decent firewall?

Cheers