Question php, mail and groupwise - not working! help

I have a couple of forms on our company website that are processed and sent to an e-mail address using php's mail function. When I tested the site, I was sending the e-mails to my personal address and it worked like a charm. Once the site was up and running, I switched the address to the proper person in the company. Here is the problem. For some reason, e-mails aren't showing up at the company address when the forms are filled out. If I switch the e-mail address back to mine, it works fine.

We are using Groupwise here. Is there some reason why groupwise won't receive these e-mails? I am stumped!

-b
    Last edited by bmiddleton; 10-15-2003 at 04:53 PM.

me too.
    I can't use mail() function

it replied Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25,verify your "smtp" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini

I changed it ,but it still didn't work.

yellowjim :

If your SMTP server requires authentication, then you need to use some other authentication class.

If you set your SMTP server as "localhost" - it means that is it running on the same computer as the webserver.

--

bmiddleton :

Can you access the messages in some other email application? Are there any errors being logged? Are the messages being caught by a spam filter?

When I send the messages to our company e-mail from the form, they just disappear. When I send the messages to my personal e-mail, a POP account, from the form they arrive just fine. No errors and no filters grabbing them. I have been having them sent to my personal e-mail address and then redirecting them to the company e-mail, which is a temporary fix.

I'm not sure exactly how Groupwise works. I don't believe it is a POP account type of situation. We are soon (within a month) going to be dropping that program and using a POP account system. Guess I will be using my temp. fix until then.

-b

Maybe this is an issue with the server? If your POP mail is on the same server, it may go ahead and form mail it to the same server but the server may be setup to not send out formmail that doesn't have a user id or one that just runs under nobody. Maybe enabling phpsuexec to run the formmail under your userid might let the mail out?

No. The POP account is not on the same server. I have a feeling that it has something to do with the e-mail headers and am gonna try to figure out what is wrong. If I figure it out, I will post what I found.

-b