PayPal Question: How long can buyer cancel order after payment?

Hi,

I have a question about the PayPal payment. How many days can a buyer cancel his / her order after the payment?

If the payment is made from an instant funding source (such as PayPal balance, credit card or instant bank transfer) then the buyer does not have an ability to cancel the payment. (They would need to request a refund if they need to cancel an order.)
    Sell more worldwide! PayPal Website Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal now support 6 currencies and 174 countries

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

They would need to request a refund if they need to cancel an order.
    1. Are there any time limit (e.g. 30 days) for them to request a refund?

2. Is it easy for them to request a refund?

Buyer disputes can be filed within 45 days of the transaction. Claims must be filed within 20 days after the dispute is filed.

What I meant by "request a refund" is that they should ask the merchant to send them a refund - this option is available to the merchant for 60 days after the payment.

Customers can file a dispute and ask PayPal to refund the payment, but are encouraged to try to contact the merchant first to resolve the issue.
    Sell more worldwide! PayPal Website Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal now support 6 currencies and 174 countries

Quote Originally Posted by paypalrb
    What I meant by "request a refund" is that they should ask the merchant to send them a refund - this option is available to the merchant for 60 days after the payment.

Customers can file a dispute and ask PayPal to refund the payment, but are encouraged to try to contact the merchant first to resolve the issue.

Yes, I think Paypal gives you 60 days to refund a customer payment.
    JROX.COM Affiliate Manager
    Start Your Own Affiliate Program - Download a Free Copy
    Affiliate Marketing Software

Assuming you are talking about flash demos as the product, its very difficult for a buyer to get a refund on an item like that. PayPal does not give refunds on downloadable products etc., but they do monitor complaints accumulated over time.

rohitj,

Assuming you are talking about flash demos as the product.....
    No I am not talking about flash demos. I never have such issue. Actually I am thinking to sell China Products on eBay. However it seems that this kind of selling on eBay may be quite risky for the sellers.

they can also call their credit card company or bank and ask for a chargeback..... i think.