can non US register .us domain name?

hello,

I am wondering, can non-us register .us domain name? i try in a few sites, but all required us citizen only.

You have to be a US citizen or legal US entity to register a .US domain name. Here is a section of the T&C that covers this:

Registrants in the usTLD must be either:
    1. A natural person (i) who is a United States citizen, (ii) a permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (iii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions [Nexus Category 1],
    2. An entity or organization that is (i) incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories or organized, or (ii) otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia or any of its possessions or territories (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof, and unincorporated organizations based in the United States) [Nexus Category 2], or
    3. An entity or organization that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories. [Nexus Category 3]

Prospective registrant will certify that they have a "bona fide presence in the United States" on the basis of real and substantial lawful contacts with, or lawful activities in, the United States of America. This requirement is intended to ensure that only those individuals or organizations that have a substantive lawful connection to the United States are permitted to register for usTLD domain names.

It shall be a continuing requirement that all usTLD domain name registrants maintain the US Nexus Requirement.
    Domain registration and hosting
    CaptainDomains.com
    Have your own domain and hosting business
    Reseller.CaptainDomains.com

thanks captain-d, i get clearer now

I see people who don't fit the criteria buying and selling .us domains all the time on forums. Doesn't look like it gets checked at all by the registry.

They are not strict at all. I see people who do not meet the criteria buying/selling these names ALL the time
    Domain Maven

I think it is fair to say very few registries follow their own terms and conditions unless it suits them or forced upon them.
    Nil illegitimi carborundum
    I'm getting old and don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

since registration is automated process its not checked manually, bit incase of problems domain would be revoked from the owner
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

nexus category 3 is very broad, I would say it would be very difficult for the regitry to legitmately cancel a registration without spending a lot of time invetigating each case.

but for non us to buy the domain name is quite risky, if they push their pagerank to 7 or 8 for .us domain, than only the registrar suspend the domain name, i think, it is really not worth it!