Thread: Question..

Question..

Can anyone name:

A Host that allows you to run Windows. (Any version)
    A Host that allows you to run IRC (and link it).
    A Host that offers at least 50gb.
    A Host that will _not_ charge me for an attack made AT me or one of my customers.
    A Host that charge less than $140/month

I Know of FDCServers and Sentris (by the way, i've never seen any reviews on sentris, does anyone have experience?)

Thanks for any help in advance!

Almost all providers will charge you for an attack made against you/your clients, otherwise you could just use all the bandwidth and say "well we got attacked!". Plus it often causes network probs with other servers, so of course they'll charge you!

it annoys me how people can make illegal attacks at you, then you get penilised for it.

its a fact of life. Why should your provider absorb cost for something that was targetted at you? it makes no business sense. Its a liability issue. Someones got to be responsible. Especially if other clients are affected as Joseph_M said. If any of those customers start issuing SLA credit requests, someones got to pay for it.
    James Cornman
    365 Data Centers - AS19151/AS29838
    Colocation • Network Connectivity • Managed Infrastructure Services

Generally it is your responsiblility to secure your server. If you have inadequate security and get hacked then it is on you to pay.

Like crnc said it is a liability issue. Someone has to be responsible. Most hosting companies do not assume the liability because they cannot know what you have in place to counter attacks (if anything) Especially in this day where alot of companies are emerging with people running the show not knowing a thing about how to run a server..

Especially in this day where alot of companies are emerging with people running the show not knowing a thing about how to run a server..
    preach on brother.
    James Cornman
    365 Data Centers - AS19151/AS29838
    Colocation • Network Connectivity • Managed Infrastructure Services

tophosting.com allows irc on their dedicated server or colocation plans and won't charge you for the bandwidth used when you're under attack for a few hours, not when you're using the high bandwidth for days-weeks, then it's not under attack, it's just your usage.