Thread: Newbie question

Newbie question

I'm really new at this. I took some classes and paid for a domain on Yahoo so I can learn from the book. I have a domain on Yahoo Small business and I'm paying the $30 sumpin dollars. Lets say it is called TyroneBak.com. Now, I want to setup a temporary domain, too. So, I will have TyroneBak.com and TyroneBak2.com.

Is this possible?

Will yahoo allow me to setup another domain alone with my domain?

Sounds like you are wanting multiple domains to go to your one site. You will need to change the DNS records to do so.
    I believe I found an article for DNS records of Yahoo hosting accounts.
    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sma...ceddns-01.html

Though, basically you are wanting to create an (A) record with your DNS servers.
    In order for your domain to resolve to your web server you will need to create an Address (A) Record for your domain. You will be creating two records. One so yourdomain.com will resolve to your web server and another for www.yourdomain.com.

If you are hosting with a provider (If you have a website), you can contact your provider for more information on changing the DNS records.
    I hope this is on-topic, and able to assist you.
    Machen N. Mathews - Coinhost.io - Founder
    Cloud - Web & Dedicated Server Hosting - Bitcoin Affiliate Program
    Cryptocurrency Accepted, Privacy Respected. @hostcoin - 720.515.1505

Hello,

Also, you can register a second domain and point it to your website, if this is what you're attempting to do. In fact, you can point as many domains as you chose to your website.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,
    Pete

I don't really understand what you mean by temporary domains. But I think you might setup your sub-domains like xxx.TyroneBak.com but not TyroneBakxxx.com by yourself.
    Men, women and kids air jordan shoes,
    air jordan fusion shoes shop online.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrone_bak View Post
    I'm really new at this. I took some classes and paid for a domain on Yahoo so I can learn from the book. I have a domain on Yahoo Small business and I'm paying the $30 sumpin dollars. Lets say it is called TyroneBak.com. Now, I want to setup a temporary domain, too. So, I will have TyroneBak.com and TyroneBak2.com.

Is this possible?

Will yahoo allow me to setup another domain alone with my domain?
    can you elaborate what you mean by "temporary" domain? First of all, registrations are final and you can't register domain for a couple of days. Also - may it be a subdomain that you mean by "TyroneBak2.com"? like one.TyroneBak.com? those guys can be temporary

If you mean another domain pointing to your website then you received an answer from Machen - Limestone

Is that $30 per year for one domain? If so, ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Live Ambitions View Post
    Is that $30 per year for one domain? If so, ouch!
    exactly

You can add multiple domain at you site

I am not very sure about your words by temporary domain.

So, I will have TyroneBak.com and TyroneBak2.com.
    You can have whatever you registered and paid.

If you mean it on mutiple domains.Machen - Limestone has told you about it.
    HostEase Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

Maybe Yahoo isn't be best place to start learning from ??

Personally I would register a domain through NameCheap.com and pay $8 for the year. I'm sure if you look in the web hosting offers section you will find a host willing to offer you 100mb starter space for a few dollars a year. From this you will learn how to register a domain and point it to hosting space.

Say you register domain.com and domain2.com. If you want domain2.com to point to the same domain.com site, this is called a parked domain. If you want domain2.com to be a completely different website, then this is called an addon domain.

Good luck.

yahoo? no,no,my choice are godaddy, enom and onlinenic.

Keep in mind I am new at this. I apologize for the late response. --Holiday and sinuses..etc. What I mean by temporary domain is like i want to setup a NBA_ALLStar weekend site for parties..etc. I just want a site up 'til Feb 15?.. Right! It will only be up for 3 months. I wanted to call it NBA_ALLSTAR_Dallas.com with Paypal. I already have the Tyrone_bak.com with yahoo. My question is "Is it possible to create NBA_ALLSTAR_Dallas.com with yahoo under my existing paid service?"

I'm open to suggestion for other places like GoDaddy. Especially, if it is free with PayPal, FTP, and other neat tools that make building Ecommerce sites easy and cheap.

Answer in response to $30.00: It's $30 every 3 months(i think)

Keep in mind I am new at this. I apologize for the late response. --Holiday and sinuses..etc. What I mean by temporary domain is like i want to setup a NBA_ALLStar weekend site for parties..etc. I just want a site up 'til Feb 15?.. Right! It will only be up for 3 months. I wanted to call it NBA_ALLSTAR_Dallas.com with Paypal. I already have the Tyrone_bak.com with yahoo. My question is "Is it possible to create NBA_ALLSTAR_Dallas.com with yahoo under my existing paid service?"

I'm open to suggestion for other places like GoDaddy. Especially, if it is free with PayPal, FTP, and other neat tools that make building Ecommerce sites easy and cheap.

I'm pretty sure that all registrations for domains are sold in 1yr increments only, none of this monthly thing.

14. What do you want to put on this domain? It sounds like a subdomain (xxx.Tyronebak.com) would be an easier choice.

Go for godaddy, namecheap.they have excellent rates

Ok, first of all, never give out or even hint at a domain name you are interested in or about to register as either bot or someone else will swipe it before you, noob

Dont worry about registering at Yahoo, most of us make that mistake...heck even I did, Yahoo was my FIRST official host back in the good old days. But since you now know yahoo is a piece of ****, just register the domain elsewhere and point it to yahoo's nameservers...your first domain with yahoo that you bought with hosting I think they do it automatically for you, but if you register the domain elsewhere then you might need to find out what the nameservers are. Also, make sure your yahoo plan supports multiple domains which you can point to.

Also, domains are registered on a yearly basis, so you have no choice there.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com