Upgrade Thread
    host to buy Guest
    Dear all,
    I am looking to sell my web hosting business. The business started as a reseller account to host my web development clients in 2002. The sale includes:
    - The clients.
    - 1 DirectAdmin life-time license.
    - 2 domain names using the business' brand name.
    - The logo.
    - Our very effective time-tested anti-spam configuration.
    The current website is not included in the sale as it contains a beta accounting system written in-house in PHP. The system is not yet ready for production use so I plan to finish it for sale separately, however serious offers for the software would be considered.
    There are 18 clients, all paying via PayPal:
    17 shared hosting (1 using PHP5)
    1 reseller account
    Annual Revenue
    Shared hosting accounts: $1,385.95
    Domain name registrations/renewals: $1,481.80
    Total annual revenue: $2,867.75 USD
    Annual Expenses
    Domain name renewals and registrations: $698.13
    Main shared hosting VPS server: $573.60
    Backup MX/DNS VPS: $180.00
    Total annual expenses: $1,451.73 USD
    We have 144 domain names registered for our clients:
    [requested edit (post #11) begins]
    - 86 of these are paid at $11.95/year
    - 12 of these are free domain names included with the hosting accounts; each account includes one free domain renewal annually.
    - The remaining 46 are registered elsewhere.
    [end]
    I've worked very hard on this business to ensure a high quality service; the last customer survey I took showed very high customer satisfaction and I've received some great testimonials over the years. Customer renewal retention is approximately 80%; I still host the first sign-up.
    I'm looking for serious offers that will provide a good home for loyal clients; starting bid is $1,000 USD. I'll accept PayPal or IBAN bank transfer, in which case fees would be paid by the buyer. The closing date for this auction is: November 14th 2008 at 23:59 GMT
    Please post your bid and feel free to PM me with your questions. I look forward to hearing from you!

We will start the bidding off at $1500

pm has been sent

Any response from the OP? I have heard nothing as of yet.

Any response from the OP? I have heard nothing as of yet.
    It's been four hours!
    Relax. And what's he supposed to respond to a bid anyways, the auction ends on the 14th.

Hi David
    It's actually been 10 hours. But I understand. Thanks!

I bid $1550
    Payment via paypal.

Who do you use for domain registration?
    Is ownership of that reseller account an option?
    Are all of these clients on direct admin?

Hello: I am very interested but unable to PM. Please email me at Michael **@** Webresultsinc.com as I would like some more info. Regards.

host to buy Guest
    Enom is the domain registrar for all client domains; the Enom reseller account is included in the sale. If you already have an account, the names can easily be pushed through to your existing account.
    All clients are hosted on DirectAdmin.
    Many thanks for your interest,
    Matt

host to buy Guest
    I'm afraid I made a mistake in the original ad regarding the number of domain names I have registered for my clients. The ad should read:
    We have 144 domain names hosted for our clients:
    - 12 of these are free domain names included with the hosting accounts; each account includes one free domain renewal annually.
    I've asked the moderators to update the original post to reflect this. Many apologies for the confusion, I hope this doesn't affect the existing bids.
    I'm about to send out additional information to those who have requested it.
    Best regards,
    Matt

just to confirm - thats ...
    144 *hosted* accounts and
    98 *registrations* of which 12 are provided free ?
    where are the VPS and backup MX services sourced from ?

host to buy Guest
    Rob - there 18 web hosting accounts; the 144 refers to the number of domain names hosted on those 18 accounts. There are 98 domain names registered in total, 12 of which are provided free with free annual renewal.
    Both VPSes are hosted with Tektonic; one in Atlanta (Gnax) and the other in Texas (ThePlanet). Please let me know if there's anything else I can clarify further.
    Best regards,
    Matt

Thanks for the additional details. Othello Technology Systems Ltd are prepared to offer $1800 for your business as detailled in thread 732900.
    We would leave the existing clients on the same or better packages, at the same prices, bt migrate them to our own DirectAdmin servers.

We will pay 1500. Will that work?
    Dear all,
    I am looking to sell my web hosting business. The business started as a reseller account to host my web development clients in 2002. The sale includes:
    - The clients.
    - 1 DirectAdmin life-time license.
    - 2 domain names using the business' brand name.
    - The logo.
    - Our very effective time-tested anti-spam configuration.
    The current website is not included in the sale as it contains a beta accounting system written in-house in PHP. The system is not yet ready for production use so I plan to finish it for sale separately, however serious offers for the software would be considered.
    There are 18 clients, all paying via PayPal:
    17 shared hosting (1 using PHP5)
    1 reseller account
    Annual Revenue
    Shared hosting accounts: $1,385.95
    Domain name registrations/renewals: $1,481.80
    Total annual revenue: $2,867.75 USD
    Annual Expenses
    Domain name renewals and registrations: $698.13
    Main shared hosting VPS server: $573.60
    Backup MX/DNS VPS: $180.00
    Total annual expenses: $1,451.73 USD
    We have 144 domain names registered for our clients:
    [requested edit (post #11) begins]
    [end]
    I've worked very hard on this business to ensure a high quality service; the last customer survey I took showed very high customer satisfaction and I've received some great testimonials over the years. Customer renewal retention is approximately 80%; I still host the first sign-up.
    I'm looking for serious offers that will provide a good home for loyal clients; starting bid is $1,000 USD. I'll accept PayPal or IBAN bank transfer, in which case fees would be paid by the buyer. The closing date for this auction is: November 14th 2008 at 23:59 GMT
    Please post your bid and feel free to PM me with your questions. I look forward to hearing from you!

We offer $1600.

host to buy Guest
    We will pay 1500. Will that work?
    The current highest bid is $1800, but your bid will be considered.
    Best regards,
    Matt

host to buy Guest
    Many thanks to those who have bid so far - just a few hours remain before the close of auction, the current highest bid is $1800.

equipc Guest
    We can discuss a $2000 bid. Just contact me by mail to contact -at- equipc.net

is this hosting business still for sale?

please pm me your final asking price.

host to buy Guest
    Many thanks to all who placed a bid, Rob from OtholloTech took the winning bid. Thanks for looking!