Thread: ServerMatrix

ServerMatrix

I'm currently considering ServerMatrix for colocation due to its great reputation here for its dedicated server line but unfortunately there aren't many reviews of its colocation service. So if anyone that has used or is using ServerMatrix colocation (not ThePlanet) please tell me about your experience

Thanks in advance.

You could visit http://forums.servermatrix.com , I am sure you will find people who actually use the Colo facilities there.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

I have one server at servermatrix. Setup was quick and painless. Jeff called me about 5 minutes after I submitted my order to verify everything. The server was set up and online the day after they received it and has been purring along every since. Couldn't be happier.

It seems like most of the people on the ServerMatrix colocation forum are only asking sales questions.

Justin, thanks for the review. How long have you been colocating with ServerMatrix?

Anyone else have experiences?

I have been with them for about a month. I was actually torn between HE and ServerMatrix and finally decided on SM because of how active Jeff is here and because of his quick replies to my emails.

That, and I couldn't find a single datacenter in Seattle that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Thanks Justin, keep us all updated as there is a definite shortage of SM colo reviews

I hear so many good things about servermatrix/theplanet but how do you people manage the servers namely do u outsource full management or hope that everything goes well.

one of the nice things about theplanet/servermatrix is that their Dedicated machines come with some level of support beyond that usual 24/7 reboots and remote hands.

You can pay extra if you need better packages. By default you get silver.

go check it out on their website

I sent a tower to servermatrix a month ago to host sites for friends/family, and for storage. Actually, I wrote a mini-review about the setup back when I first setup. My box got there and wouldn't boot. They said it'd cost $75/hr to look at it, which was acceptable since a dead box is useless. Turns out some cables came loose inside and fixed it for free. Network has been fine so far. I guess since I haven't had any problems, I have nothing to complain about.

[edit]Also note that I don't use it for any mission critical or paying clients, so I'm only commenting on what I've seen.

It's nice to hear about the good things web hosting service providers compared to all the flame posts your get in here nowadays.
    Host Byte Marketplace
    Directory of Web Hosting Companies, Services and Resources
    http://www.hostbyte.com
    Add Your Web Hosting Product Today!

I have looked into them for colo also, I am really thinking about going with these guys, they seem very professional and have a great network.

I had a little bit of downtime last week because of something gone bad in a router.. Check the dedicated forum to see the thread.. Seems that some people were down for some hours while they fixed it but were compensated for it. I was down for maybe 5 minutes. I like the professionalism and the fact that I can call anytime and have someone answer (though I haven't needed to yet).

I have 2 servers with servermatrix. One of them have been down since yesterday. I can only imagine how many customer I would have lost if there were 3-400 web sites on it. Luckily I've only transferred 1 client with 10 accounts to this server. I can't recommend anything like that, like people there being away for the week-end instead of being there for their customers in times of crisis. I don't care about other peoples good experiences, only what I experience myself. So far thumbs down unless they have a very good explanation for me.

John
    Last edited by nogi; 09-28-2003 at 08:43 AM.

Originally posted by nogi
    I can't recommend anything like that, like people there being away for the week-end instead of being there for their customers in times of crisis.
    Have you called there support number? I have never called and not received a answer within the first two rings.
    Rob
    Founder and former owner of SRLnet. Sold in 2006

Phone support? They're not answering the phone. They respond quickly to outage reports and then - nothing. Hope that they're having a nice week-end over there lol.

John

Jonathan,

I pretty sure Server Matrix provides the same sort of dedicated i.e. for colocation as it does for dedicated servers. From what i hear you rarely can go wrong with them.
    Host Byte Marketplace
    Directory of Web Hosting Companies, Services and Resources
    http://www.hostbyte.com
    Add Your Web Hosting Product Today!

Well, looks like it were communication bias - Servermatrix requires the exact time to schedule a hardware fix. I just responded with "Please go ahead and fix it" - I'm slowly learning to user their support system

John
    Last edited by nogi; 09-30-2003 at 04:50 AM.