Does anyone have comments on Skynetweb.com? I'm looking at colocating a server with them.

------------------
    What signature?

They seem to be ok. I have never heard comments about them though.

I may even get a dedicated server with them sometime this fall.

------------------
    fibroptikl
    adam@motion5.com

Thanks...

They're at the top of the list now....

I personally know of 2 people that after their first month the support they received was very poor not only on answering questions but their technical staff knowledge on troubleshooting problems...Besides that I have not heard really serious bad things...

I am deciding between Alabanza and Dialtone, any help is appreciated..

Originally posted by DonV:
    Does anyone have comments on Skynetweb.com? I'm looking at colocating a server with them.

Chicken Guest

Spy, people seem to like both, but for different reasons. If you are looking for a ded. server for personal reasons, and know how to admin. one, then dialtoneinternet might be the better choice.

If you are looking to host clients (start up some form of web hosting company), then Alabanza's managed, somewhat host-in-a-box setup might be easier for you. It does come at a higher price though.

People seem to forget to post WHY they want this or that, which makes recommending anything a difficult task.

"I need a lease dedicated server to host web hosting clients with these specifications (blah blah), can you suggest a company?"

I would suggest starting a new topic like "Alabanza ro Dialtoninternet?" and asking for replies on both, from USERS if you want general comments about service.

Chicken or anyone else use www.skynetweb.com?
    Any Comments??

Technical support is for me not very important because I have a few unix cracks on my side.
    But the company should run a fair business, no lies, no promises about services they can't offer and other things like that.

How count skynetweb the traffic, use they the 95 percentil thing?

Thanks for your answers

- domi

Talking

I am pretty sure that they don't use the 95th percentile.

DonV I havent heard anything seriously wrong about them, but if your looking for a very easy solution try Alabanza. But their solutions for a small server start at 400.00. Way to exp. in my book. I would love to have the chance to quote you a price to colocate a server in our facility for you and we guerentee the lowest price. I do understand service is a major issue, so i can provide numerous referals. Please feel free to email me at charles@eazyaccess.com or call our sales office at (316) 618-6923

Voodoo: sorry no. I colo a box at tera-byte (which I would recommend!). Very helpful even when they didn't have to be.

Charles: any chance you'd put together a signature so that we don't have to read the ads as part of the message?

Better deals can be found elsewhere... Skynetweb wouldn't be my choice