Good SEO Article

This article has basic information, but it is good for beginning SEO-ers: http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/...ngs-62402.html .

Cheers.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Yes, it is good. One thing I like in this article is that it is not pretentious. It just offers realy important and simple rules to follow.
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

Well I have problems with it:

5. Keywords in the domain name mean nothing at all. You can see this everyday you conduct searches.

6. You can use ASP, PHP anything you want. It doesnt have to be HTML

8. Fresh content doesnt mean rankings. I have seen websites that havent changed their pages for 4 years rank above everyone.
    Jaan Kanellis | iNET Interactive

Quote Originally Posted by incrediblehelp View Post
    5. Keywords in the domain name mean nothing at all. You can see this everyday you conduct searches.
    Right

6. You can use ASP, PHP anything you want.It doesnt have to be HTML
    Exactly Its not depend on which format(php,html,asp etc) do you use or which language(coding lang) you use.

Its all about how you do optimization on your site

[/QUOTE]

8. Fresh content doesnt mean rankings. I have seen websites that havent changed their pages for 4 years rank above everyone.
    Yes . Google only need quality and unique content. and ranking is totally different.

@The Stealthy One

You can follow this

http://www.google.com/support/webmas...n&answer=35769
    Vishal

Indian Social Bookmarking tweetr.in

Hi The Stealthy One,

Follow the article Vishan recommended.
    http://www.google.com/support/webmas...n&answer=35769

These are basic tips directly from Google and within the guidelines.

I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

I thought the article was very informative, especially for newbies. THanks for posting

I have to agree with Incrediblehelp on this one:
    Insert information like company name and your targeted keywords that you have chosen for this page. Every page on your site should have unique title tags and meta tags.
    Meta tags are not going to help you much. Should insert your company name in your title tag? Yes if you are looking for the vanity of having your company name rank well, but do you really think that potential customers are going to be looking for you by your company name?

You want to get links that are related to your line of work to increase rankings. Make sure all your links are related in one way or another to your Web site. If not, then your site will be penalized in the rankings, which is the opposite of what we are trying to achieve.
    Bollocks you will never ever be penalized if your inbound links are not relevant. You will be losing some ranking power yes, but penalized never.

Submit a sitemap to Google so it can find and index all the pages on your Web site. Sitemaps are a necessity for getting all your Web pages indexed and included in search engines.
    I am a great advocate of site maps but to say that they are a necessity, simply means you don't understand the system.
    I plan to live forever - so far so good
    Expert SEO |Sash Windows London

Hello all here is one article about SEO. and subject is why Does website need SEO? for website... checkout it here..
    http://www.articlebin.com/view_artic...article=117562

If your company name has valid keyword content you are trying to hit at, why not add it? If your name is: HammersforLess.com why not add in:

<title>We sell Big Hammers at Hammers For Less.com</title>

In this your hitting on Hammers and your company name is in the title. For instance for a site I have I use:

<title>blah blah blah - Group Name .ws</title>

I don't see any negative, only positive in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Melnel View Post
    Should insert your company name in your title tag? Yes if you are looking for the vanity of having your company name rank well, but do you really think that potential customers are going to be looking for you by your company name?
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

This is quite a bit different than just adding in your company name to your page title for the sake of rankings on your company name.

The harm is that the useless words in your page title dilute the rest of the keywords.

IF you have a keyword in your company name or URL fine by all means add it, but if not leave it out.
    I plan to live forever - so far so good
    Expert SEO |Sash Windows London

Adding your company is fine.. I just always tag mine on last in the title so if it gets cut off there is no big deal.
    Steve
    Metal Monster Marketing : Internet Marketing