Firefox and Google weirdness

So, I went to google and performed a search. Upon clicking ANY of the results, it loads up a page that says something like the following:

Quote Originally Posted by stupid googleish stuff
    Redirect Notice
    The previous page is sending you to http://www.theclickedurl.com.

If you do not want to visit that page, you can return to the previous page.
    In IE, it sends me straight to the resulting link. The only addons I have installed in firefox are Adblock Plus and Firebug. Does anyone else experience this when using FF to google?

Negative. Try running Firefox in "safe mode" (there should be a shortcut to it on your Start menu) and see if it still does it.

Negative there. I disabled all the plugins AND tried safe mode to no avail. Upon googling for...

google "The previous page is sending you to"

The very first link describes the EXACT thing I'm talking about. Except that blog indicates that google will only do that if you access the redirect URL directly and not if you actually click a search result. This has just started within the last day or so (I literally just now noticed it, but I'm not sure of the last time I googled)
    IT's very odd indeed.

Well, this link describes exactly the problem I'm having...Fixed as soon as I logged out of my google account.

Chris - Do you have a google account? Can you try logging in and then doing a search?

On firefox 2.0.13 I am unable to reproduce the above result. I have logged into my google account and then done a search from google.com - are you sure you might not of been on igoogle.com or the like (that it might not be a glitch where google is only having that issue from certain search entry boxes)?

Yes - I'm sure I'm not on a google derivative. For instance, clicking any link on the following results page leads me to the intermediary 'Redirect Page'. As indicated in my post right before yours, there is at least 1 other person in the world experiencing this...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

It's irritating to have to click twice to follow a link. I've signed out of my google account for the time being just to make things work better.

What's weird is that if I sign in to my account in IE and do the search, I'm led straight to the results. It only happens in firefox, and ONLY when I'm signed in to my account (which eliminates the possibility of it being an account setting)

I'm always signed into Google, so the test I ran for you earlier was when I was logged in. Hmmmm.... let me know if you want me to try anything else.

It looks like it's an Anti-Phishing feature of the FireFox 3 Beta that isn't working correctly. I assume all of you having this issue are on FireFox3 Beta5 but not FireFox3 Beta4.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Good catch Mike. I had a feeling it had something to do with the beta. I'm running 2.0.0.13 and haven't seen anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    It looks like it's an Anti-Phishing feature of the FireFox 3 Beta that isn't working correctly. I assume all of you having this issue are on FireFox3 Beta5 but not FireFox3 Beta4.

Only happens with FireFox 3 Beta 5 + Google Account (signed in)

::

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=426679

Although my friend has the same setup and it wasn't happening for him.

I am running windows xp, he was as well...

The Gamerswithjobs link posted earlier in this thread is talking about it too.

When I launch Beta4 it doesn't do it, in Beta5 it does, and in FireFox 2 it doesn't do it.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=426679

Bah I was hitting Post Reply for a full 85 seconds... And you beat me to the post by a few seconds
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.

haha, yeah man, im hot on the trail for this...! although i have no idea how to fix it

Wait on them to fix it in an update to the FireFox beta, or don't use beta It's *BETA* for a reason.

creating a firefox profile resolves the issue, i dont know if thre are changes you can make to your current profile to do the same

Here's the beautiful thing. I'm running FF 2.0.0.13

Yes, at one point, I did have FF 3 BETA installed, but have since gotten rid of it. So somehow the 3 BETA screwed up my 2 installation...Which sucks.