View Poll Results: Which Control panel is the best?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Helm

11 10.28%
  • H-Sphere

16 14.95%
  • Cpanel

46 42.99%
  • Plesk

14 13.08%
  • DirectAdmin

20 18.69%
  • Interworx

1 0.93%
  • VHCS / VHCS Omega

0 0%
  • ISPConfig

6 5.61%
  • Webmin/Servemin

0 0%
  • Other

9 8.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post here, your favorite Control Panel

I've been wondering what you all think about the different control panels so I thought I'd do a poll.

Vote for the one you like the most and if you'd like, post why.

I've personally used every single one of these control panels and have found the newest version of Helm to have the best looking interface. H-Sphere gets my second vote on it's total package and functionality.

You can pick multiple control panels, please don't pick more than 2.
    Allanon
    vBulletin, Invision, phpBB and Gallery2 enthusiast
    my current webhost: imountain.com -|-|-|- my dedicated server: CIhost.com -|-|-|- dump host: Canaca
    my picture gallery: http://borgclan.com/gallery2

Glad to see ISPConfig on the list. We started life with ISPConfig but people just freak the heck out if they don't see something they're familiar with.

We try to support OSS when possible, but we need to make a living too

I still run ISPConfig on my personal server.

I'd go with cPanel.
    KiranHost, LLC - Shared and Reseller Web Hosting Solutions
    99.9% Uptime, cPanel, Site Builder
    Host Unlimited Sites, PHP, Java, and more...
    Instant Setup, and NO OVERSELLING!

I knew cPanel would win :p I dont see why some other big corporate company cant just go and make a better control panel than cPanel. I know cpnale just released v11 but they havent done so for ages and someone could make a real big real good one, possibly. :p

cPanel for more, i find it more user friendly, and even tech savvy clients of mine have found it easy to use.

cPanel definately for linux servers
    Imageleet.com - Premium Hosting Solutions Since 2006
    Shared Hosting, FFmpeg Hosting, Linux VPS and Dedicated Solutions.
    SSD, Litespeed powered, R1soft, cPanel | Softaculous | Rvsitebuilder + FFmpeg, Mencoder, Mplayer, Flvtool2, x264
    http://www.imageleet.com

This should be better in Hosting Software and Control Panel Forums. Moved.

cPanel is fine. WHM Needs a makeover. It is so hideously ugly and mal organized. Love it, but it makes my eyes bleed.

cpanel is the best

I have use a few and found cpanel to be the best

Cpanel is the best without a doubt, not perfect, but it does get the most sales and it is the most recognized, which goes a long way in this business.
    MilleniaHost.Com - 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or your money back.
    CPANEL Hosting with Fanatical Support, check us out.

cPanel is not the best, just the most used.

Personally (note I am refering to myself and not classifying any control panel as the overall best) I prefer Plesk.

I've found it, in my personal experience, to be much more stable and user friendly.

To the point of us consistently converting "End Users" to it. No, I'm not talking resellers as I have to agree Plesk doesn't have the best reseller interface.

Cpanel is easy-to-manage and feature-rich control panel. But my vote goes for Plesk.
    SparkSupport.Com - The Premier Tech Company
    Cloud Solutions|Email Infra setup|VOIP|Video Streaming|Software Development
    Email: info@sparksupport.com Phone : 1- 408-600-1449 | Skype : shijils

DotNetPanel for Windows / cPanel Linux

I prefer to CPanel, which is most popular and also easy to manage
    www.seek4job.com - Information for job seeker and career objective Discussion here.Publish job postings or Post your job requests here.

For Linux, it would be Cpanel because that's what I am familiar with. For Windows, nothing.. Windows itself is great in its own right.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Personally I prefer the simplicity of h-sphere.

I prefer Cpanel, its quite popular with most webhosting company , and easy to use

i like cpanel.

Good point

I use Helm for windows, i have 10 windows servers and would never move away from Helm. I have cpanel on my linux servers.
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

Helm for Windows
    ¶ Rubal Jain // E-Mail - Rubal [at] Rubal.Net
    ¶ Helm Control Panel Setup, Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting
    ¶ Helm Server Move, Service Migrations, Restorations, IP Renumbering
    ¶ Windows Server Setup, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Basic Security & Hardening

cPanel for the win

First of all, cPanel is NOT the best, simply the cheapest. Cheapest does not = best. cPanel for Linux???

How about H-Sphere for both in a single cluster? A single H-Sphere server can handle all your Linux and Windows machines. Plus it handles all your billing, domain reges, merchants, load balancing, etc, etc. It has everything cPanel has plus 100x more.

cPanel isnt even in the same league as H-Sphere. I'd consider Plesk to be in the same league as Hsphere. The difference is that to get everything you do with H-Sphere, you'd pay thousands more for all the various addon modules Plesk uses.

This is like comparing a Lamborghini to a Ford Pinto. Maybe when some of you kids grow up, you can drop cPanel and get yourself a real web hosting solution like what Hsphere is

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude View Post
    First of all, cPanel is NOT the best, simply the cheapest. Cheapest does not = best. cPanel for Linux???

How about H-Sphere for both in a single cluster? A single H-Sphere server can handle all your Linux and Windows machines. Plus it handles all your billing, domain reges, merchants, load balancing, etc, etc. It has everything cPanel has plus 100x more.

cPanel isnt even in the same league as H-Sphere. I'd consider Plesk to be in the same league as Hsphere. The difference is that to get everything you do with H-Sphere, you'd pay thousands more for all the various addon modules Plesk uses.

This is like comparing a Lamborghini to a Ford Pinto. Maybe when some of you kids grow up, you can drop cPanel and get yourself a real web hosting solution like what Hsphere is
    Way to flame? It's just our opinion.

when some of you kids grow up
    Just because people like cPanel, doesn't mean they are kids or don't know how the industry works. You should be really becareful with what you say, and if you don't care, well, thats your problem.

Have a great weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast