Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Life Sucks :( and so does the NHS

Hi,

I recently found out that my very close friend Adam has been diagnosed terminally ill with cancer
    He has helped out with xioneNET in the past but has not been very well lately.

On thursday he was rushed to hopital with stomach pains, they opened him up to find cancer in the stomach. It has also spread to the liver and colon.
    The sick thing is, Adam went to hospital back in december with stomach problems and they sent him away with medication for constipation (good ol UK NHS!!!!!!)

Well due to the operation he has unfortunately developed blood poisoning and has had to be placed on a ventilator.

Get this........the guy is only 22!!!!

Now when he went into the operating theatre the poor guy was critical, severly dehydrated as he had not been able to keep anything down for 3 days. When they operated on him, the stomach basically split due to the size of the tumor in that area. Its because of this that he has blood poisoning. Its because of the blood poisoning that they cannot attempt to treat the cancer.

Now if this had been noticed back in december I just have a feeling that the outlook would look better.

Thanks for listening, I really had to get that off my chest.

Leigh

I'm sorry to hear that about your friend, hopefully he will make a full recovery.

Yes, it is always best to get these kind of things noticed early but sometimes life works in mysterious ways. Even though it might be hard, try to keep a bright outlook on things.

Sorry to hear about your mate. Best wishes for a full recovery; even cancer can be battled.

I'm really sorry. I hope everything turns out in the end. Sorry, but what's the NHS? I'm an American.

National Health Service http://www.nhs.uk

Ah okay, thanks timechange.

Indeed, cancer sucks - sorry to hear about your friend, I know how it is. I've had 1 friend and my grandpa pass on via cancer. My friend was the big shock though - he was the picture of perfect health, a spry 24 years old, and had an upbeat outlook on life. One day at work, he passes out. The call the ambulance, take him to the hospital, they find out he has testicular cancer. They do an emergency operation that same day (Something like 6 hours after he passed out) and he died the next day.

It was a huge shock to everyone
    Jeremy D. Pavleck (jjpavleck(AT)GMail(dot)com)
    Over 10 years of Systems Management experience, at a discount!
    http://www.pavleck.com

Life does suck sometimes. A woman I work with went to the doctor for a cold that she couldn't shake and the doctor did an X-Ray to check for pneumonia. They found terminal lung cancer. They're giving her 1-2 months. She's only 32 years old. Her father died of the same thing.
    The member formerly known as Enigmatics
    Teh Harem

My friend's brother died last month...
    He was 16, going to 17.
    It was cancer too...

Sometimes things like that happens, and I guess when we have to let go, we just have to let go...

My friend's parents refused to accept the fact. They didn't tell him that he was going to die. They told him that he was recovering. Many doctors told them that they were lucky that his life could be prolonged for an extra few months, but they didn't want that...

Man, now I am sick and sorry for my friend...

the guinnea pig...

my 11 year old dog has cancer and it was suggested she would be dead by December. She is not and is about the same as she was when diagnosed 6 months ago. I figured f-it, I can test a whole lotta theory on this old girl and get to know this disease intimately. She has a massive tumor in her stomache and all lymph glands are huge.

1. Crystal Vitamin C (a fine white powder) is a life saver. I get it at GNC stores. Without it even the antibiotics would not reduce the facial swelling and lymph glands. As soon as it is given, either rubbed on gums or shot down throat in water or GIN (below) with turkey baster, facial swelling and lymph gland size is reduced by up to half.

2. GIN. We used antibiotics and when they ran out a week or two later the swelling of her face and lymph glands came back. I didn't have anymore antibiotics and the vet suggested their ability to cure repeatedly was limited. Fine. I started mixing the Vitamin C into 1-2 oz of gin and shooting that down her throat which also helps her sleep. Facial swelling and lymph gland size reduction was almost instant. My dog is now a boozer on 2-4 oz of gin a day. She hates it but her face looks normal. I usually give it to her just before feeding.

3. Change in diet. She was a solid dry dog food dog with tons of chicken skin, left overs, you name it she got it. I changed everything because I don't think you can eliminate stomache cancer without a radical change in diet. Also, I once lost 75 pounds in 45 days running and eating only fish and veggies. during that time a large mole I had on my waist just fell off because my body was lean and stripping itself of protien. I figured since she was already emaciated/thin because the cancer was getting everything, let her get thinner and cut her diet back and let her own body feed on the stomach tumor. now she gets more broth/less solid dry foods so it digests easier/faster and her blood gets it before the stomache tumor gets it. also that stomache tumor gets a good shot of the gin-vc mix before feeding.

4. benedryl the antihystemine. the vet suggested some research had shown it reduced the size of tumors. i only started trying that recently and am only giving it to her every 3 days. with the booze and broth i have to be careful how we cocktail her up...don't want to o.d. the pooch.

5. other diet factors: she gets more raw garlic and broccoli in her food and sometimes a bit down her throat although she eats brocolli easy enough.

I don't know if any of this is doing a damn thing except last November we were able to beat back a massive facial swelling/body infection/lymph glands out of control and again in January (added the gin) and she is thin as a rail but isn't getting any thinner and all facial swelling is down and lymph glands are about half the size they were at their worst. not bad and the vet said whatever the heck I am doing, keep it up cause she should have been dead by now.

as for surgery or chemotherapy (oh yeah, right, $10,000.00 for a dog...) these aren't options for me anyway but even if it was me I wouldn't do it. cure it with diet and exercise or just shoot me paleeeze.

http://www.10000diamonds.com/pics/bella.jpg

naturally the world's greatest dog...
    Each One Teach One~eduhosting.org
    Financial Software, Video Production
    Graphic Design, Free PC Labs 4 Kids. Start one in your town. It's a BLAST!

I feel sorry for your friend... Hopefully that tumour shrinks or something and he can be operated on... My grandmother passed on due to cancer too last year...
    http://phalenium.uni.cc - My tiny little website/blog
    http://getsmilies.com - Looking for smilies? Come to my smiley database

Thanks everyone for the kind words, i thought I should probably share the developments.

Well, the blood poisoning is almost gone. He had an operation yesterday and they were able to reassess the cancer.

They are going to be able to cut away all the tumor in the stomach, which will mean also cutting away half his stomach.
    One kidney is infected which will be removed, the other kidney is fine.
    The bowel has already been removed due to the severity of a tumor growing their.
    Unfortunately the bladder is also infected and is beyond repair, so that will also have to be taken away.
    It has infected the liver, but this can be sectioned by cutting away some of the liver.

He is due for another operation tomorrow which is to repair the stomach, and after that he should be able to come off of the ventilator.
    Then treatment will be able to start.

The odds are still stacked against him, but even the docters have stated that it is a miracle that he has got this far.

I think the toughest thing is when he gets told about all of this

Things like this really hit home the fact of how precious life is. I'm sure there are many around here (myself included) who are older than your friend and often take our good health for granted.

Best of luck to you and Adam... and don't give up!
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?

Well, like I said, don't try to hide the truth from him...
    And also, don't cling on to the hope that a miracle will happen, when it is time to let go, you just let go...
    New site: www.talkutas.com

UPDATE!!!!!

Adam is now off the ventilator and is sitting up and talking. He is scheduled to be taken out of intensive care onto a normal ward. And there are even possibilities of him being sent home as they have stabalised the cancer and can start treating it.

They tested the cancer to see how aggressive it is, expecting to find a very aggressive form. BUT it is very low down on the scale meaning that he must have had cancer for 3 years + without even knowing about it.

Its still a big battle to win, but hey you never know

The last week has been absolutely incredible!!!!

Good news essexguy. Tell your friend to keep fighting the good fight.

Glad he's doing better, essex.

Glad to see something good out of all this

Originally posted by Barbara
    Life does suck sometimes. A woman I work with went to the doctor for a cold that she couldn't shake and the doctor did an X-Ray to check for pneumonia. They found terminal lung cancer. They're giving her 1-2 months. She's only 32 years old. Her father died of the same thing.
    Unfortunately, the doctors were overly optimistic. She passed away this week. Everyone at work is in total shock.
    The member formerly known as Enigmatics
    Teh Harem

It's so sad to hear these things. It's so sad to hear people are passing away etc. I lost my uncle because of cancer , my mother may have cancer (or soon - but I don't want it) also (long story) . I lost many people like that also... It's really so sad to hear.

essexguy I hope everything goes well with your friend and he gets better as soon as possible. You know you should be strong . Someone might need a helping hand...
    I'm happy he's doing well now.
    BUY SELL WEBMASTER GOODS AT OnlyWebmasters.Com Auctions
    CHECK YOUR GOOGLE PAGERANK CLICK HERE

Ohh I knew Adam - since XioneNET are my resellers I got to speak with him a few times and he is just a really really nice guys - he took care of everything and was super-professional - I am so glad he is feeling better and I hope everything will turn out to be just fine..
    I knew few guys who died out of cancer, the closest one to me was my gradnma's sister but I knew and loved many as I used to volunteer @ Magen David Adom (Israelis' Red Cross).

I am very sorry for your colleague Barbara - in times like this it's best to keep a memory of the person and move on as he or she would prolly want you to.

my cousins' grandmother passed away from cancer, it is a really hard thing to go through.

I'm glad to hear your friend is doing better.

it was his age why they misdiagnosed him, seems to be the attitude of some doctors that if you young things like this cannot happen to you.

My family has had it's fair share of cancer-related deaths.

In two years, I lost both of my grandparents (on mom's side), an uncle, and a cousin's grandma.

In the last six years, I almost lost my dad twice.

I know the pain of knowing a friend/family member has this disease, and it has only made me try to give more money to cancer research organizations. It's a really sad thing, and it'd be nice if we could find a cure for it.

Glad to hear Adam is doing better.
    John Kata

Quote Originally Posted by inFused
    I know the pain of knowing a friend/family member has this disease
    Likewise. In 2001 Mum passed away from cancer than started in her stomach. She was only 60.

I'm posting this on March 8th. Tomorrow will be the 3rd anniversary of her death. On Friday its my birthday.

March is a tough month...
    Kinkamono Internet Services - The Internet. Done Right.
    Dive In...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast