Question Infinitie.net: Good or bad?

I am looking to switch my VPS provider from A7GZ (for obvious reasons) and I came across a promo that Infinitie has right now (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hp?t=1146334):

Xpression R7

1GB Guaranteed DDR3 ECC Memory
    1.5GB Burstable DDR3 ECC Memory
    100GB Raid 10 Storage Space
    100Mbit Unmetered Bandwidth (approx 33TB)
    1 CPU Core
    8 IPv4 Addresses
    8 IPv6 Addresses
    Includes FREE Cpanel and Softaculous
    FREE Instant Setup
    Only $14.95/Mo for life
    They seem to be a pretty reputable company but I was wondering if anyone has any past (good or bad) experiences with them?
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

Their service is good. I haven't had any downtime, sometime the network is really slow (about 100KB/s when download 100MB test file from cachefly).

Their support team is not really good. Sometime they reply the ticket about few minutes, sometime it takes age

DICHVU.IT: All about SSL.
    BudgetVPS: Where to find the cheapest VPS Offer!

Quote Originally Posted by dasklney View Post
    Their service is good. I haven't had any downtime, sometime the network is really slow (about 100KB/s when download 100MB test file from cachefly).

Their support team is not really good. Sometime they reply the ticket about few minutes, sometime it takes age
    Well the support for A7GZ isnt any better.
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

We have a dedicated server with them, and we can't say anything negative about them. The connection is decent, we average 18mb/s download speeds to linode dallas, and the support is amazing.

The performance of ther VPS was very poor, maybe it is too cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by double View Post
    The performance of ther VPS was very poor, maybe it is too cheap.
    Are you talking about InfinitieNet or A7GZ?
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

The InfinitieNet offer seems to be great. But, remember that InfinitieNet are unmanaged providers(no support for your vps software issues).

I do have a vps with a7 and happy with its performance/price. I generally never contact support because, I'll do all the required managing/troubleshooting stuff myself.

Btw, could you please post some performance tests from your a7gz vps?
    ►ExpertWebHost.NET- Instant reliable hosting since 2008+
    ►Quality Shared, Reseller, SEO and VPS hosting
    ►Choose to host from US/Uk/Canada/Singapore/Netherlands/Australia - 10 locations

Quote Originally Posted by ExpertWebHostNET View Post
    The InfinitieNet offer seems to be great. But, remember that InfinitieNet are unmanaged providers(no support for your vps software issues).

I do have a vps with a7 and happy with its performance/price. I generally never contact support because, I'll do all the required managing/troubleshooting stuff myself.

Btw, could you please post some performance tests from your a7gz vps?
    Here are some performance tests:

$ uname -a
    Linux server1.hamnett-tech.org 2.6.18-274.7.1.el5.028stab095.1 #1 SMP Mon Oct 24 20:49:24 MSD 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

$ dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 21.8471 seconds, 49.1 MB/s

$ uptime
    15:18:33 up 23 days, 20:48, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.12, 0.04

$ top
    top - 15:19:35 up 23 days, 20:49, 1 user, load average: 0.05, 0.11, 0.04
    Tasks: 42 total, 1 running, 41 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
    Cpu(s): 0.0%us, 0.0%sy, 0.0%ni,100.0%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st
    Mem: 2097152k total, 230368k used, 1866784k free, 0k buffers
    Swap: 0k total, 0k used, 0k free, 0k cached
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

I have a VPS, took the cpanel offer. Had it about 3 months and overall very happy. Agree the network becomes slow at times and have had the odd other issue but I have had much worse from other providers so for the price this offering from infinitienet for the price, for me, is great value. I don't plan to change at all.

I'm also considering a VPS with Infinitie.net, and am glad to see that most folks seem happy with them. Their support is not known for being speedy, sure.

As for the slowdowns, I suppose they are inevitable when offering unmetered 100mbps, but the 1 Mbps (100 KBps) that dasklney mentioned concerns me. How often do these slowdowns occur, and how long do they last?

I'm also considering buying from Infinitie and put it in a production website, but I'm afraid I getting issues.

Is it worth it for a production website ?

Please advice me

Quote Originally Posted by quirkyquark View Post
    I'm also considering a VPS with Infinitie.net, and am glad to see that most folks seem happy with them. Their support is not known for being speedy, sure.

As for the slowdowns, I suppose they are inevitable when offering unmetered 100mbps, but the 1 Mbps (100 KBps) that dasklney mentioned concerns me. How often do these slowdowns occur, and how long do they last?
    Just about an hour for about 4 months with them They said that some backup was runnning

DICHVU.IT: All about SSL.
    BudgetVPS: Where to find the cheapest VPS Offer!

Well, after sending a request to A7GZ a few days ago with no reply I am assuming that hes not going to refund me now. I guess I should've read their strict refund policy (http://www.a7gz.com/privacy.php) first.
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

I'm with them for a few days so far, but first impression is quite good.

However, I am accustomed to self-managed type of hosting, and my primary cinerns are reliability and stability. Support, as long as they process my rDNS setup request, isn't that crucial.

Quote Originally Posted by masterbo View Post
    as long as they process my rDNS setup request, isn't that crucial.
    They should do, I requested it for 2 sites I have and they done it no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dennyjames View Post
    They should do, I requested it for 2 sites I have and they done it no problem.
    Yes, there were no problems with that. rDNS was set up quickly.

In fact, setting up rDNS is in most cases the only support request I do in case of VPS. So the other people's impression about Support could be of use.
    IT blog is under reconstruction, please standby
    "There are two kinds of people in the world, those who haven't lost important data yet, and those who do regular backups."
    Network Monitoring Tool - contact me for coupon code to get discount

Ive been with these guys for about 5 months. Good, a lot better than other hosts ive had. I have called them before and had some good chats with them. The server was super fast to start with but it has slowed a little. But its more that NIC connection vs server. eg :

[~/tmp]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 14.0335 seconds, 78.5 MB/s

Overall, im going to stay with these guys for a long-time. Price/Performance without the best ive had. I recommend them to my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzainc View Post

Overall, im going to stay with these guys for a long-time. Price/Performance without the best ive had. I recommend them to my friends.
    If I was to write a review about my experience with them this would sum it up also. Fair comment IMO.

Well it looks like A7GZ is reluctant to give me a refund so I guess I will have it to stick it out for the next year and if I start running out of space with that VPS then I'll get another VPS with infinitie.net
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

I've had a lot more dealings with them last day and want to add because the deserve the credit and helps everyone.

I brought an 2nd VPS this week. It was slower than the first one sadly but they had 5min replies at time to help. They never asked me for tracerts etc they simply said yes, and moved it over within mins of me sending the 'do it' message in the ticket. Was cool to sit back and watch it happen.

With the last command above the new server has given me 150MB/s. Between the servers gets around 80MB/s and I feel that is a great test on an 100MB line.

Again, so long as they don't over sell the servers there is no reason at all I will move.