Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* [Review] RamHost.us (The best I have had) - VPS

Hello,

I am a founder for the clan, A.E.T that is fairly big in the gaming world. We wanted to go with VPS becuase it would be cheaper than paying $1.75 a slot. We now have three call of duty servers all with 64 slots. If I went with another host I would be paying $192 per month for that many slots; However, with ram-host we are only paying $15 for a VPS. The labor of setting up your own VPS is a small price to pay for the ammount of money you save.

They have excellent internet connection speeds and their support is perfect in every way. Their custom VPS panel makes it easy to reload os, restart and stop your virtual machine. It also shows live memory usage, bandwidth usage and your disk space left.

I have seen other companys and how much they charge. I saw the same VPS set up I have for $15 for an average of $40 - $50. I have had no problem with them what so ever and I think if you are looking to go with a VPS machine as your salution you should give them a try.

Try them by following this link: http://RamHost.us

Glad to see you've found a host you're happy with. How long have you been with them and what is one of your websites you're hosting with them?

* thanks for the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    Glad to see you've found a host you're happy with. How long have you been with them and what is one of your websites you're hosting with them?
    I'm happy you are happy too

This client has http://ravenhost.info/ hosted with us since late June 2009.

My day just keeps getting better
    RAM Host -- USA Premium & Budget Linux Hosting
    █ Featuring Powerful cPanel Shared Hosting
    █ & Premium Virtual Dedicated Servers
    Follow us on Twitter

Thanks for sharing your experience. Come back to give a follow up in future. Have a nice hosting in future also.

glad to hear you happy with the service

I'm glad your satisfied with your web hosting provider. Keep us posted as your time with the company continues. It's always interested to see if your still a satisfied customer a month, 6 months or a year from now. Thanks again for sharing!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

@Ramnet By the way, I like your very upfront and frankness of your website. For a small host it's nice to see you post your benchmarks and customers, good luck with your biz!

I'm thinking of getting a VPS from RamHost...

clanaet, any updates?

I use ramhost for about 6 months now and I'm very happy with it. I use it to seed some opensource torrents (with rtorrent) and I host my website on it.
    I use the smallest vps package (nano).
    I host several websites with them (installed ubuntu 9.10, lighttpd, php (fastCGI) and sqlite), everything works fine.
    I don't use mysql becouse that needs more than 100Mb RAM. Sqlite is good enough for my needs, I write my php-code myself.

One of the sites: leerubuntu.co.cc (Dutch, the site isn't ready yet so I didn't buy a real domain name yet).
    Every page you load connects to sqlite.

The support is also great, you get an answer within 12 hours and if the live-chat is only you get an answer imediately.

Still a customer

I am still with RamHost. They have gotten even better from the last time I have written here!

RamHost is definitely one of a kind and I plan on having my VPS until they close (I hope for a very long time) There VPS control panel is simply amazing the fact you can reload your OS in seconds is a feat that the big guys can not do! They still have low prices and their packages have been way upgraded since I started with them, I have been on VZ1 since the beginning of this company and I gotta say, WOW!

Great job RamHost. They are now at VZ22 Yea...thats right 22 servers with VPS's and counting. They are the best of the best.

I have never had an issue with the service and even if I ever had a question...They are always here to help.

-Jonathon Nickols
    Master of ClanAET.

Quote Originally Posted by clanaet View Post
    RamHost is definitely one of a kind .
    Agreed

There VPS control panel is simply amazing the fact you can reload your OS in seconds is a feat that the big guys can not do
    I disagree with you here, I like their control panel too, very simple to use, but most other control panel can do OS reload very fast too.

Yes, there are now a days...however, when I started service in june of last year. I could not find a company that i can afford that had half of the things ramhost has.

Yeah Ramnet does an awesome job. I've been fooling around on his mini VPS plan for DNS experiements and he delievers what he promises for a bargain.
    Nothing here right now.

Shortly after I posted my first comment on this review I signed up for one of their accounts to test this with. I was quite skeptical about such low priced VPS offerings (in general and b/c of my own experience with budget providers). It's been over 6 months now and I'm very very impressed with them. Rock solid network/server/support and very reasonable resources for the price, what more can you ask for?

I normally only "test" a host for 3 months before I cancel the account and move on but Ramhost has become one of my few "keepers" (along with Knownhost). Now just waiting for their new West Coast (or West Coastish = ) DC (and make some custom OS templates!)

+1 for ramhost
    - do it your self.

I just wish ramhost had windows..

you would not get those kinds of pricing for a windows VPS, there already are plenty of budget windows hosts who offer you the bottom line pricing for a windows VPS (you're not going to get any lower).

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    you would not get those kinds of pricing for a windows VPS, there already are plenty of budget windows hosts who offer you the bottom line pricing for a windows VPS (you're not going to get any lower).
    Agreed.

And besides, we don't really like Microsoft very much

Licensing adds a whole new layer of paperwork and recordkeeping that we just don't want - not to mention it would require a separate base platform.

We just plain don't like Windows anyway
    Last edited by ramnet; 02-06-2010 at 06:07 PM.
    RAM Host -- USA Premium & Budget Linux Hosting
    █ Featuring Powerful cPanel Shared Hosting
    █ & Premium Virtual Dedicated Servers
    Follow us on Twitter

i'l like if ramhost had windows vps too

[oot]
    btw why ramnet username titled Temporarily Suspended ?
    - do it your self.

Quote Originally Posted by sentabi View Post
    i'l like if ramhost had windows vps too

[oot]
    btw why ramnet username titled Temporarily Suspended ?
    No clue. Since it's temporary just hold on to that question for when he's not suspended anymore. He's so forthcoming with information I'd assume he will be forthcoming with that information as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ramnet View Post
    We just plain don't like Windows anyway
    @sentabi
    This must be a reason ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    @sentabi
    This must be a reason ;-)
    You can't get suspended for saying you dislike Windows. If that's the case people would be suspended for saying they dislike x and y all day everyday.

@KnownHost - why so serious? It was a joke. Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    @KnownHost - why so serious? It was a joke. Obviously.
    I actually thought you were serious. Hard telling who is and who isn't half the time. haha. Sorry.

interesting story, i'll keep in my note. i am searching vps right now.
    actually looking from GE or NL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast