Hi,
    I'm moving my account from hostgator to Dedicated server, and need to know what is the last date, that i can send "Cancelation request".
    Regarding the last invoice:
    Date Created: 2008/12/22
    Due Date: 2008/12/27
    Date Paid: 2008/12/22
    So my question is can i f.e. at 2009.1.20 send caneclation request?
    Does 2 days enough? [i update dns-s yesterday, and need 2-3 days to be sure, that they were propagandised]
    Any abuse of our staff in any medium or format will result in the suspension or termination of your services.
    Customers may cancel at any time via a cancellation form. HostGator gives you an unconditional 45 day money back guarantee on managed shared hosting, and reseller solutions for any customer who paid the first invoice with a credit card or with Paypal.
    Any advice will be appreciated

From my understanding, it says you can submit the cancellation request at anytime. Why not just ask HostGator themselves?

If I am not mistaken they ask that you give them 2~3 days to process the cancellation. Submit it a bit early to make sure.

"Any abuse of our staff in any medium or format will result in the suspension or termination of your services."
    Why did they say that? It seems a bit out of context

From my understanding, it says you can submit the cancellation request at anytime. Why not just ask HostGator themselves?
    here is answer of their staff
    (4:25:38 PM) Douglass Gr: Invoices are generated on the anniversary date each month.
    (4:26:49 PM) Douglass Gr: You can cancel at any time. There's no such thing as a "last date of cancellation"
    But as i understand, such response don't include answer to main question
    If invoice is created at 2008/12/22, can i cancel f.e. at 2008/12/21 :-)
    ok. I'll try to cancel at 16-17 january, hope this prevent me from any TOS misunderstandings.

Okay. So your next renewal date is the 22nd of this month (January), which is when your invoice will be generated. My suggestion is if you don't want to renew, contact their billing and tell them you don't want to renew it -- to avoid the invoice being generated on the 22nd.

To cancel your package at HostGator they provide a cancellation form: https://secure.hostgator.com/cancel.php

http://support.hostgator.com/articles/From-Search/121/how-do-i-cancel-my-account
    Make sure you don't cancel earlier than you need to (propagation to the new host/server is done and everything works fine). If my memory of what I read serves me correctly, the account is canceled and the data removed when they receive your request and confirmation, not at a later date.
    Also, you need to make sure that you send the cancellation request using their form here: https://secure.hostgator.com/cancel.php
    EDIT: looks like I was a bit late.

IceFire-Web Guest
    Hello, Just ask Host Gator when it comes to clients they are very nice.
    <<Signature to be set up in your profile>>

Your first posts shows that your next billing will generated on 22nd Jan 2009, and if you are shifting your hosting to a dedicated server you need 24hrs- 48 hrs. for DNS prorogation.
    "You also need to be in mind that host may be suspending your account immediately after getting your cancellation request, after that access to your account and account data will be stopped by the webhost"
    So, first you should move all the Files and related data on your dedicated server and then around 19th - 20th Jan you can fill cancellation form to avoid NEXT Bill.

Yep, better get in touch with the billing department at Hostgator and they should be able to get you the information you need.