Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ENOM's problem with domain

I booked 5 domains from ENOM and 2 from Bulkregister. I hosted all the 7 domains on one server. But most of the time these 5 domain names are not resolving but the 2 which i booked from bulkregister are getting resolved. I send so many emails to enom but they are not responding. What should I do with these 5 domains cos they are of no user half of the time they down. What should I do now? I wont get the refund and can not book the domain from bulkregister because domains are already booked.

transfer them to another registrar like bulkregister.com or stargateinc.com

Will they refund the money or not. First they have to delete from there servers and then only bulkregister will register the domain.

if i were you, i wouldn't register anything with bulkegister.com...err..california keyconnect!
    www.keyconnect.com
    it took them about 3 weeks to change 4 lines of information in my DNS file.
    iVersit Communications - Powering Your Success
    http://www.iversit.com/

Enom took three weeks to change one line
    So do you think that Enom *****

the best part about my experience with keyconnect(bulkregister) was that Gregg argued with me everytime I spoke with him about his ability/duty to change my info. If you are looking for a good registrar, try dotster.com , I keep hearing good things about them
    iVersit Communications - Powering Your Success
    http://www.iversit.com/

Will they refund the money or not?

probably not

Jolly, if your domains at enom are not resolving then you must be using their DNS services. If you change the DNS to point either directly to your host (and let them set up the domain), or to a service like http://mydns.com then you'll be fine.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

chicken can you please tell me in detail about DNS service what can i do with it

Re: ENOM's problem with domain

Originally posted by jolly
    I But most of the time these 5 domain names are not resolving but the 2 which i booked from bulkregister are getting resolved.
    Most of time? Meaning sometimes it's resolving but most of the time not? I doubt this because I've never experienced this with Enom.

Or is it all the time not resolving?

My impression on Enom is that they are a great registrar and they offer free DNS service, domain and e-mail forwarding among others, that give you much flexibility what to do with your domain.

If your 5 domains registered at Enom were not resolving ALL the time that could only mean that you have the wrong nameservers on record. Login to your account at Enom and select the domain name/s you want to edit then go to "Configure host/mail records..." or "Select DNS servers..." Study carefuly the instructions on these pages and do what you want to do with your domain.

Re: Re: ENOM's problem with domain

Hi,

I think i'm in the same position as you guy's. I use PowerPipe, an enom reseller. I have registered to domains with them. Now i have a dedicated server, so first i had to register my nameservers, which i did, well its been 24 hours. Well powerpipe were mean't to do it. My domain www.valuablehost.com, does not resolve now. It used to resolve to enom's start page. I haven't changed a nameserver yet, although when i try to add my name servers:

Name Server: ns.valuablehost.com
    Name Server IP: 66.54.221.129
    Secondary Name Server: ns2.valuablehost.com
    Secondary Name Server IP: 66.54.221.130

It doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas !?!?!
    Originally posted by Mivo

Most of time? Meaning sometimes it's resolving but most of the time not? I doubt this because I've never experienced this with Enom.

Or is it all the time not resolving?

My impression on Enom is that they are a great registrar and they offer free DNS service, domain and e-mail forwarding among others, that give you much flexibility what to do with your domain.

If your 5 domains registered at Enom were not resolving ALL the time that could only mean that you have the wrong nameservers on record. Login to your account at Enom and select the domain name/s you want to edit then go to "Configure host/mail records..." or "Select DNS servers..." Study carefuly the instructions on these pages and do what you want to do with your domain.

We should do something. It gives very bad impression to customers cos sometimes the domains are resolving and sometime they are not. I have send so many emails to enom but no response from there side.
    MIVO if the name server are wrong and why they are resolving sometime and sometimes not. If nameservers are wrong then domains should not be resolved.
    This is very ridiculous problem and there is no one to help.
    Please suggest what do do

Jolly i am in the same problem as you i have no idea what to do! AND I NEED MY DOMAIN UP A.S.A.P
    We should do something. It gives very bad impression to customers cos sometimes the domains are resolving and sometime they are not. I have send so many emails to enom but no response from there side.
    MIVO if the name server are wrong and why they are resolving sometime and sometimes not. If nameservers are wrong then domains should not be resolved.
    This is very ridiculous problem and there is no one to help.

Hostexp we should do something. Clients are facing lot of problems. Its really disgusting cos sometimes names are resolving and sometimes they are not.
    If there is some problem in name servers then why they are resolving sometimes

Hostexp what do you say?

Have you tried contacting this guy. He's their tech guy:
    Billy Knott <billy.knott@enom.com>

This is what he send me but nothing is working. I tried to contact him again but he is busy with his work i guess

There are TWO different ways to do this, depending on whether you bought the name directly through eNom or not. BOTH alternatives are listed below. The 1st example if you bought the name DIRECTLY through eNoom, and the 2nd example is if you did NOT buy the name directly through eNom, (you bought it through a reseller).

EXAMPLE 1) ######### If you DID buy the name directly through eNom:

Use this as a template:

The only thing you need to do is get into your account

with us and click on your domain name, this will take you to the "account

information" page. Now you click on the domain name (it is now a clickable

link) this will take you to the "third level domain" page Once there, erase

anything in the "host name" boxes and also erase anything in the "address"

boxes. At this point, you enter www on line 1 in the host name box, choose

URL Frame for a record type, and put you entire URL in the address box, and

when you are done, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the

word "modify". It should look like this:

HOST NAME RECORD TYPE MX PREF ADDRESS

###########################################################################################################################

www url frame OR url redirect 10 (your url goes here) ie- <http://www.geocities.com/yourpage.html>

@ url frame OR url redirect 10 (your url goes here) ie- <http://www.geocities.com/yourpage.html>
    It will take up to 4 to 8 hours to go into effect.

##################################################################################################################

EXAMPLE 2) ############# You did NOT buy the name directly through eNom,

you bought it through a reseller:

Use this as a template:

The only thing you need to do is get into your account at the web address:

access.enom.com

anything in the "host name" boxes and also erase anything in the "address"
    boxes. At this point, you enter www on line 1 in the host name box, choose
    URL Frame for a record type, and put you entire URL in the address box, and
    when you are done, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the
    word "modify". It should look like this:

HOST NAME RECORD TYPE MX PREF ADDRESS

###########################################################################################################################

www url frame OR url redirect 10 (your url goes here) ie- <http://www.geocities.com/yourpage.html>

@ url frame OR url redirect 10 (your url goes here) ie- <http://www.geocities.com/yourpage.html>

Click "modify" when done to save the changes.

It will take up to 4 to 8 hours to go into effect.

Billy Knott
    Technical Support Manager
    eNom Inc.
    an accredited ICANN Registrar
    billy.knott@enom.com

jolly, your post above is an aswer for redirecting your domain to an existing website. Please check if you've got the correct nameservers on record by going to
    "Select DNS servers".

BTW are you using Enom's nameservers or are you using your own?

I am using my own name servers and everything is fine from my side.

I am using my own name servers and everything is fine from my side.
    Have you checked your domain record at Enom's and does the record indicate that the domain is using your nameservers?

MIVO just tell me onething why names are resolving sometimes and sometimes not.
    If you think there is something wrong then why they are resolving and not resolving sometimes

jolly, when a domain name doesn't resolve correctly there are several factors. One of course is the registrar's database is not working propertly but it is also possible that there is something wrong with your server or your server's DNS configuration for a particular domain.

The best thing to do now is to trace whether you have the correct settings on the registrar's side or your server's side. I was asking you to review your record at Enom if you've got the correct settings. If this is verified then at least that's done and we check for other possible cause of the problem.

Mivo I booked these domains from reseller so I dont have access to access.enom.com
    And the reseller of enom sucks he dont even reply to my emails. Finally I have email Billy Knot of ENOM to give me the username and password of the domains so that I can check out what is wrong.
    And I have checked my setting everything is fine now the problem is on enom side.
    MIVO what do you do?

jolly, sorry I'm not yet convinced that the problem is with Enom. If there's something wrong with the Enom database I guess all domains within that database would be affected but I got a domain at Enom that is working perfectly.

What I see in your situation is to consider all possibilities what could have went wrong. If you have already checked your record at Enom and it's correct then if I were in your situation I would review the DNS settings on my server and if that's correct... well I know your situation is not fun to be with.

Mivo its not only jolly, but i'm having the same problems!
    Originally posted by Mivo
    jolly, sorry I'm not yet convinced that the problem is with Enom. If there's something wrong with the Enom database I guess all domains within that database would be affected but I got a domain at Enom that is working perfectly.

What I see in your situation is to consider all possibilities what could have went wrong. If you have already checked your record at Enom and it's correct then if I were in your situation I would review the DNS settings on my server and if that's correct... well I know your situation is not fun to be with.

Originally posted by Hostexp
    Mivo its not only jolly, but i'm having the same problems!
    Hostexp, your problem is different from jolly's because yours is setting up your own nameservers at Enom. As far as I know if you want to have your own nameservers enabled at Enom's it would have to be enabled manually by their tech. It would probably good for you to contact Billy Knott directly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast