Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone leaving HostGator because of the EIG takeover?

So we all know that: HostGator, one of the world's biggest web host is being acquired by Endurance International Group (EIG).

Any HG current customer here considering to switch web hosts because of any reason related to HG being "eaten by the competition"?

Any hosting provider here considering to offer HostGator "refugee" promos?

Share your thoughts!

As I said in one of previous posts, we need to give some time to EIG. Anyone can easily change the provider, but is it a smart move? Time will tell...

I am not a customer of HostGator but once was, They aren't bad at all and I don't like seeing them be picked up by another company. Hopefully after everything is switch it will still run smooth and no problems occur when EIG takes fully over.

I definitely won't use or recommend them again because of the EIG takeover.

What to expect. Go here read and look up the companies that EIG has taken over. http://www.shoutmeloud.com/hostgator...nce-group.html

Look for true reviews by customers and see what they think of the service they get. I think for the small host that offers good service the future looks good. But time will tell overall.

I'm not giving EIG the benefit of the doubt. They already f***ed me over 3 times in the past decade.
    If I wanted unknown service, I'd use a newbie/kiddie host.

It's a good time to bail out of HG, and seek better options.
    For those wanting "unlimited" hosting, JaguarPC and Froghost are excellent choices.
    And then there are many, many great non-unlimited hosts.

It's nice that Brent was able to cash out -- the little guy won.
    But I feel bad for the employees and the customers. EIG has proven themselves untrustworthy thus far.

Time will tell.

We had leased servers with them.Just a week or so after the news leaked, we where kicked out of their network, and our backup sized.

We had to look elsewhere, and while starting from scratch.

I am Hostgator customer but I am not leaving them until I see something wrong with "my" sites, for example they starts loading slow, getting more downtime...etc.

I mean I am just using a shared hosting and my websites are not very busy and I don't care what management is doing backend.

@kpmedia, are you then removing HG from your "suggested hosts list"?

I heard that 20,000 customers already left them

^ Where did you read about it?

I left hostgator because their technical support sucks. My server was also VERY slow during peak business hours.

Quote Originally Posted by EviLito View Post
    Any HG current customer here considering to switch web hosts because of any reason related to HG being "eaten by the competition"?
    Looks like the answer is NO since no one in your question has responded.

@kpmedia, are you then removing HG from your "suggested hosts list"?
    Yes. EIG brands are not hosts that I would use for myself, so I wouldn't recommend EIG-owned HG to others either. Unlike all the other phonies online, my advice is not influenced by affiliate payouts, ad dollars, or any other monetary shenanigans. There are other better hosts with less variables/unknowns that can be better suggested to others. It will be changed at the next major update, by the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    Looks like the answer is NO since no one in your question has responded.
    Wow, this thread has just started and it's open for everyone to share their thoughts on the topic whether or not they are current HG customers. The purpose is not to obtain a definite answer. We may see interesting replies in the next few weeks.

It looks like you want to close this thread already if you were a forum moderator. Are you bothered by something about this?

Wow, this thread has just started and it's open for everyone to share their thoughts on the topic whether or not they are current HG customers. The purpose is not to obtain a definite answer. We may see interesting replies in the next few weeks.
    Using your own words:

Any HG current customer here considering to switch web hosts
    AND

Any hosting provider here considering to offer HostGator "refugee" promos?
    Sorry if I was out of line thinking you meant what you wrote

Collabora,

Nice way to stir up the pot

Quote Originally Posted by public_html View Post
    I heard that 20,000 customers already left them

That might be an estimated figure, but I wouldn't say it's un-true. If customers that left Bluehost and Netfirms knew about the madness they had to deal with when EIG took over those companies last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they left to avoid those issues again. It was a complete mess for customers and clients I was dealing with...and as KP said, if you been through it before, you will do anything to avoid it again.

I'm sure that some hosts may use this to gain customers and offer a refuge discount to the switch over customers. I mean, I would love to get some business off of this, but it just isn't a good tactic. I don't know much about EIG, but I will def. look into it now.

HG's tech support was already getting really bad. I'm not sure how EIG is going to make it that much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumps View Post
    I'm not sure how EIG is going to make it that much worse.
    EIG's version of Barney Stinson: "Challenge accepted."

I am sticking it out. I am long term Host Gator customer (about 5+ years). It's not that hard to change hosts if it doesn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by mukesh4bs View Post
    Many bloggers left hostgator or want to migrate to other hosting after EID acquired hostgator.com and now it is also difficult to promote as HG affiliate.
    Actually there are TONS of EIG Affiliates, I would date venture that ALL of the "Top 10 Site" are EIG Brands
    Quote Originally Posted by meganerd View Post
    I am sticking it out. I am long term Host Gator customer (about 5+ years). It's not that hard to change hosts if it doesn't work out.
    Thats a good way to look at it. Assuming EIG runs it in the same matter that Brett did, it may be worth staying.

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    EIG's version of Barney Stinson: "Challenge accepted."

Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by KMyers View Post

Thats a good way to look at it. Assuming EIG runs it in the same matter that Brett did, it may be worth staying.
    I hope so. They were always good with support and everything else. Hopefully it's a good move.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast