Virtouzzo Friendly Facts

Figured I would start a thread with some formulas and other things that will help people figure things out on their VPS's based on virtouzzo

Formulas:

Guaranteed memory = barrier of vmguarpages / 1024 * 4
    Burstable memory = privvmpages / 1024 x 4
    Current Memory Usage= physpages held value /1024 * 4
    Current Usage (RAM + SWAP)= oomguarpages held value /1024 * 4

Disk Inodes = Number of total disk inodes. Essentially this is a total number of files and directories which can be created.

Disk Space = Total size of disk space

Numproc = Number of Processes a vps can run

Numpitent = Number of firewall rules the vps may contain

I will add more as time goes on these are just alot of simple things most people are unaware of and thought might be helpful to the community
    Nick | BudgetVM
    1G | 10G | 40G | 100G Baremetal Servers
    Featuring Best in Class - In House DDOS Protection - No Voxility

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRick View Post
    You would be surprised at the number of people that don't even look around for places like that.
    Nick | BudgetVM

If most people don't even read the TOS presented to them at signup, I'm hardly surprised they don't read something that has to be searched for.

Quote Originally Posted by tsj5j View Post
    If most people don't even read the TOS presented to them at signup, I'm hardly surprised they don't read something that has to be searched for.
    This is true.. sad but true..
    Nick | BudgetVM

The SLM system of Virtuozzo is the easiest to run off (version 4) is just amazing I tell you. Been happier than happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by fremont View Post
    The SLM system of Virtuozzo is the easiest to run off (version 4) is just amazing I tell you. Been happier than happy with it.
    I cant wait to play with vz4 we have a test node somewhere hmm might have to look for the logins again.
    Nick | BudgetVM

Looking to upgrade hardware nodes from Virtuozzo 3 to 4. Indeed last vzup2date I ran gave the option of upgrading to VZ4. Wondering if this is a smooth upgrade path and wondering what the experiences are?

Also I'm wondering if many have managed to migrate/convert OpenVZ VPS's to Virtuozzo without having to create a Virtuozzo VPS of the same OS, then copy over user data.
    Paul Lee - Weycrest.Com Limited
    UK Shared, VPS, Reseller Hosting
    Nominet Member | Tucows Registrar | Enta Reseller | Parallels Partner

Another important parameter worth noting are cpulimit and cpuunits.

I think this tutorial is missing one important aspect....what you guys are talking about? I have been a customer of a virtuozzo VPS for years, and I have no clue at all what this thread is supposed to be about. formulas for what???!!

for instance, what does "barrier of vmguarpages" even mean? or "oomguarpages held value" or "privvmpage" or "phyvvmpage" your way over my head with all this my man.

This is very useful information. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by bubazoo View Post
    I think this tutorial is missing one important aspect....what you guys are talking about? I have been a customer of a virtuozzo VPS for years, and I have no clue at all what this thread is supposed to be about. formulas for what???!!

for instance, what does "barrier of vmguarpages" even mean? or "oomguarpages held value" or "privvmpage" or "phyvvmpage" your way over my head with all this my man.
    If you are an end user of VPS, this does not apply to you. It's meant for the hosts who actually run the host servers.
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

Quote Originally Posted by bubazoo View Post

# cat /proc/user_beancounters inside your VPS, and you should see what the OP is mentioning about.
    Otto Yiu
    Rsync Palace ● Providing offsite backups since 2007.
    Backomatic ● Hassle-free Automated cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, FTP, and MySQL backups.