Question Futureshop Price Match Question...

Does anyone know if Futureshop (Canadian store) will price match a website with a product I want listed on the website in American $?

Jeff

Answered my own question...

They do offer pricematch for online sites, but only Canadian.

Anyone know any Canadian sites selling digital cameras or to be more specific, the Canon PowerShot A70?

I found canadacomputers.com to be the lowest at $425.

Re: Futureshop Price Match Question...

Originally posted by Mekhu
    Does anyone know if Futureshop (Canadian store) will price match a website with a product I want listed on the website in American $?

Jeff
    So you get more replies from american users too, FutureShop is BEST BUY it is the same company, same products just a diff name for canada and in canadian dollars.
    Linux Admins the name, troubleshooting and administrating Linux Systems is my game

Originally posted by Mrdredd
    www.ebay.ca ?

I WISH! hehehe, I already found it for like $300 Canadian through one of those bargain sites In order for futureshop to pricematch, I need a Canadian site. Like I said, $425 is best price so far.

Re: Re: Futureshop Price Match Question...

Originally posted by LinuxAdmin
    FutureShop is BEST BUY it is the same company, same products just a diff name for canada and in canadian dollars.
    Really? That kind of makes sense though. Years back I enjoyed the pleasure of FutureShop in Spokane, WA, then they went 'broke' in the US. A few years later I enjoyed the pleasure of Best Buy and still do whenever I can.

I've always felt CompUSA and Curcuit City could learn a thing or two them them.

* To those people you've never walked into a BestBuy (yeah I'm looking at you Aussie Bob, Editor, sprintserve and Mouse), imagine a Harvey Norman where, when the sliding doors open, you're assaulted with video and sound - like a theme park, with every electronic toy you can imagine, all on display, and all able to be 'played with', with staff that are close to disgusting in how much they smile while wish to satisfy your questions and concerns. It's, *sniff* just, *snuffle* beautiful *weep*.
    Last edited by akashik; 11-10-2003 at 09:40 AM.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Last thing I bought from BestBuy

Last thing I got at BestBuy.. a portable DVD player with a 10 inch screen. The sales guy said if I didn't like it I could bring it back within 30 days and give it back - no questions asked. For $80 I extended the warranty for 2 years, so if it breaks (with 2 years to go past the original warranty) they'll fix or replace it. Retail: $700 (US) plus tax. (I hear it costs about $500 (US) now).

If you look at the picture you'll see a 'bump' at the bottom and no cables. The thing is fully self contained with a 'detachable' battery (I also have an extra Duracell pack that plugs in at the back).

Those of you that spend a decent amount of time on airflights will know how important a personal DVD player and some 'favorite' movies to keep you sane is - especially when you're a smoker like me, and have a 14 hour flight ahead of you.

Just pop it onto your meal tray and load up a movie.

*edit*
    On screen is the menu for 'Mobile Suit Gundam Seed' - japanese anime... well had to stick something in to remove the Toshiba logo
    */edit*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails toshiba.jpg  
    Last edited by akashik; 11-10-2003 at 09:39 AM.

Oi.. third post in a row so the mods are gonna slap me...

The extra battery pack I mentioned actually got me into 'trouble' at airports. As it's a inch thick rectangle that fits into the palm of your hand (and is seemingly difficult for the scanners to 'explore') I got asked to open my bag at every security check, including LAX where they swabbed my carry-on bag and fed the sample to their 'drug/exposive sniffer machine).

So a travel tip... if you want to get through check points quickly, don't put a back up battery in your luggage. Of course I wasn't too concerned as I'd rather be held up for 5 minutes than let some crazy onboard with something that could get us all killed.

Hmm... Am I going off-topic?

Re: Re: Re: Futureshop Price Match Question...

Originally posted by akashik
    Really? That kind of makes sense though. Years back I enjoyed the pleasure of FutureShop in Spokane, WA, then they went 'broke' in the US.
    I'm pretty sure Future Shop and Best Buy are different....

Otherwise why would Future Shop be putting up such resistance about Best Buy starting to build stores in Southern Ontario?
    -Chris
    "There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Originally posted by Mekhu
    Answered my own question...

They do offer pricematch for online sites, but only Canadian.

Anyone know any Canadian sites selling digital cameras or to be more specific, the Canon PowerShot A70?

I found canadacomputers.com to be the lowest at $425.
    I bought this digital camera at 429,99$ at FutureShop about 3 weeks ago Very good camera!
    Charles Beliveau | NymixWeb.com
    Proven success since 2001!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Futureshop Price Match Question...

Originally posted by Mester
    I'm pretty sure Future Shop and Best Buy are different....

Otherwise why would Future Shop be putting up such resistance about Best Buy starting to build stores in Southern Ontario?
    Future Shop and Best Buy are the same company ; check out http://www.futureshop.ca/companyinfo...=0&WLBS=fsweb9

Future Shop stores are a division of Burnaby-based Best Buy Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY)

Re: Re: Re: Futureshop Price Match Question...

Originally posted by akashik
    Really? That kind of makes sense though. Years back I enjoyed the pleasure of FutureShop in Spokane, WA, then they went 'broke' in the US. A few years later I enjoyed the pleasure of Best Buy and still do whenever I can.

I've always felt CompUSA and Curcuit City could learn a thing or two them them.

* To those people you've never walked into a BestBuy (yeah I'm looking at you Aussie Bob, Editor, sprintserve and Mouse), imagine a Harvey Norman where, when the sliding doors open, you're assaulted with video and sound - like a theme park, with every electronic toy you can imagine, all on display, and all able to be 'played with', with staff that are close to disgusting in how much they smile while wish to satisfy your questions and concerns. It's, *sniff* just, *snuffle* beautiful *weep*.
    You've got that right. Everytime I go in there, I feel like a kid at a candy store.

*slaps for going off topic*
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.