Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: shopping chart

shopping chart

what the best shopping chart out there available and best for business?

You can use OS commerce shopping cart for your website. It is free and one of the best shopping cart in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by supportwow View Post
    what the best shopping chart out there available and best for business?
    BTW, what kind of business you plan to start?
    Last edited by bear; 07-10-2010 at 05:26 PM.

oscommerce, Zen, 3D, just to name a few

presta free and nice and up to date

Other than what has already been said, we also like to recommend Magento Cart to our clients. If you are using Joomla for your CMS, VirtueMart is fantastic.

I would also recomend Magento. It is the one that is leading the market right now and you will give you many options to have a professional store and adapt it to the needs of a growing business.
    Last edited by bear; 07-10-2010 at 05:27 PM.

I've become completely disillusioned with Magento recently. Instead I've started writing my own ecommerce solution, I'm sure it can't be any slower than Magento.

Frankly most of the features are useless for the majority of ecommerce stores.

Personally, I would like to recommend zen-cart for building EC sites since it is more security, flexible and powerful.

Have a nice day,
    Men, women and kids air jordan shoes,
    air jordan fusion shoes shop online.

I want to learn about shopping chart, and offer shopping chart installation to clients.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avactis View Post
    BTW, what kind of business you plan to start?

Do you know example of website that is zen-cart or oscommerce developed?

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordansHead View Post
    Personally, I would like to recommend zen-cart for building EC sites since it is more security, flexible and powerful.

Have a nice day,

I'd recooment OpenCart

Looks nice and has loads of good features

Oscommerce is open source and most popular shopping cart.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

Hi Mate,

I suggest you to go with open-cart.

Thanking you,
    David.

Thank You guys, for suggestion.

My question is , do you know the website that is really developed by those shopping chart that you recommend?

static cart/static store - cheap, extremely supported and awesome solution. If you want a full fledged cart, it can handle it - if you want to integrate into an existing static site, it can handle it. Any customizations, etc - Carl and team are happy to oblige. We have very small and very massive customers using this solution. Cannot say enough good things about it...
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Remember to choose a cart that is PA-DSS certified as it is after the July 1st due date! Miva Merchant is one of the 40 or so DSS certified carts on the market and has a full suite of features and modules available to perform any task ... many open source carts simply do not have the funds to complete the PA-DSS certification process so don't jeopardize your site and livelihood simply because your cart is not PCI Compliant!
    Forrest Yingling -- WebNet Hosting LLC
    Leading ECommerce Hosting, ZenCart Hosting, PrestaShop Hosting and OSCommerce Hosting provider since 2004.

I can recommend this feature list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari..._cart_software

It is comparison of 45 different shopping cart solutions.
    Avactis Shopping Cart & CMS system. Ecommerce hosting available.

check out compnetusa.com they use it but you can take it to a different level
    SSL4ALL.com now offers the most Affordable SSLs Certificates on the internet. An Authorized COMODO Reseller.
    SSL4ALL.com now offers Merchannt Accounts and Authorize.net @ very low rates.

i would say magento which is extremly good for search engines but resource hungry, we always install magento on our special magento hosting servers runs much much faster than on a normal server.

Learn Magento, it's the best solution

Question to consider: Are you more interested in investing your time making your online business successful, or worring about installing and managing a shopping cart?

Are you a techie geek, or just a business man that wants to mange your online business and make money.

If you are the second, then find a hosted shopping cart software that you understand and can manage very simply and run with that program. No need to be concerend with type of servers, back up, server crashes , etc.

Pay a yearly or monthly fee and run your business.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestY View Post
    Remember to choose a cart that is PA-DSS certified as it is after the July 1st due date! Miva Merchant is one of the 40 or so DSS certified carts on the market and has a full suite of features and modules available to perform any task ... many open source carts simply do not have the funds to complete the PA-DSS certification process so don't jeopardize your site and livelihood simply because your cart is not PCI Compliant!

PA-DSS certified component is required when you need your customers to enter credit card details on your site. If you outsource this to a payment gateway like WorldPay, 2Checkout.com or Google Checkout you do not need to have a PA-DSS component as your site doesn't touch credit cards at all.

However, if you do need your customers to enter credit cards right on your web-site - PA-DSS is a must since July the 1st 2010 for USA and Canada (other countries deadline is July the 1st 2012). Magento offers their Secure Payment Bridge for Professional ($3K a year) and Enterprise Editions ($12K a year), Community editions users are to migrate to some "web-based" payment gateway like I said above or do not process credit cards at all.

We released X-Payments solution, it is PA-DSS certified and allows X-Cart powered merchants to process credit cards "onsite". Also, it integrates with Magento and can be integrated with other shopping carts like ZenCart, OsCommerce, etc with help of API.
    X-Cart - PHP shopping cart used by tens thousands online merchants worldwide.
    Follow us on Facebook

I think Magento is the best shopping cart because that shopping cart software could actually boost of its programming structure and they project code upgrading in constantly and its user friendly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast