Ventrilo License

Hello WHTers,

I am looking for someone who might be willing to part with a 50 user license of ventrilo to allow me to host a vent server. I have my own server, so I don't need the actual server, just the license.

I am not sure how it works, but I am assuming it is possible. If it is, I would love to talk pricing and such. Feel free to post pricing and such here.
    Dan Sheppard ~ Freelance whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Sheps View Post
    Hello WHTers,

I am looking for someone who might be willing to part with a 50 user license of ventrilo to allow me to host a vent server. I have my own server, so I don't need the actual server, just the license.

I am not sure how it works, but I am assuming it is possible. If it is, I would love to talk pricing and such. Feel free to post pricing and such here.
    Hey,

Ventrilo licenses are actually a b*tch to get. Your truly better of reselling from companies like Hurricane Host, or Nation Voice.

Here is some of the requirements to get a license:

The Pro version of the Ventrilo server can not be downloaded. It requires that we accept your application and that you sign and return the Ventrilo license. However, we do not license everyone. In order for an applicant to be considered you must meet the following minimum requirements.

1) You must have a legitimate business license in your state, country or jurisdiction. Please be prepared to provide proof when requested.

2) You agree to a 1000 slot minimum. Slot counts greater then 1000 are billed at the per slot rate for the total number of slots hosted. Slot counts below 1000 are billed at the per slot rate with the required minimum of 1000 slots.

3) Licensee's slot counts are expected to grow on a regular basis.

Check this out for more info: http://ventrilo.com/purchase.php
    <<Please review signature formatting guidelines>>

I am looking more to get the license from a reseller, but I want to host the server myself, like I said, don't know if it is possible but if it is, that is what I am looking at doing...
    Dan Sheppard ~ Freelance whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Sheps View Post
    I am looking more to get the license from a reseller, but I want to host the server myself, like I said, don't know if it is possible but if it is, that is what I am looking at doing...
    You can get Ventrilo slots from a reseller, (but not a license from the reseller to resell ), and divide it up however you would like. You usually buy them in bulks of 50 from Hurricane Host (who are great btw, i can say that first hand). You cannot host the server yourself though, Hurricane has a few data centers where they host the servers, it requires a good amount of speed and bandwidth.

So, basically you cannot host a Ventrilo server yourself, but you can download the Ventrilo server version onto your computer for free but limits you to only 8 slots and terrible sound quality.
    <<Please review signature formatting guidelines>>

Does anyone know if they plan on changing that licensing system? It would be nice to be able to have your own Ventrilo server.