Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I thought I would drop you all a note to let you know about my Christmas web hosting special.
    50% more time on all web hosting packages from this Monday the 20th of November until December 24th 2000.
    i.e. any monthly package you buy is now 45 days
    any six month package is now 9 months long
    any one year package is now 18 months long.
    current packages and pricing are at:
    http://www.tera-byte.com/hosting-web.html

We are also now offering Dedicated Cobalt raq servers at 99.00 a month
    the plan is a raq 3 300 mhz system with 32 megs of ram (upgradeable) and a 10.2 gig drive with 100 gigs of monthly transfer additional transfer is only 3.00 a gig. no long term commitments or prepays or setup charges you can get started for only 99.00 a month
    my page for this isn't complete yet, email me steve@tera-byte.com with questions.

Steve
    Tera-byte.com

Damn! That's good..... Are the prices frozen lifetime? (that is, if I buy the 1 year deal which stretches to 18 months, can I renew my subscription for another 18 months at the same price as before?)
    My 2 Cents.... (or is that 2.2 cents inc. GST...?)

Have a think about this : Programming is like sex. Make a single little mistake, and you'll be supporting it for the rest of your life.

i had not considered that actually, but yes for annual packages it will become an 18 month term for as long as you host with us. (the monthly and 6 months i cant do that with my CFO would shoot me )

Steve

Talking

Oooooooh wow..... You do the maths, guys

Definitely will consider moving from WebExpose to Tera-Byte now....
    My 2 Cents.... (or is that 2.2 cents inc. GST...?)

Have a think about this : Programming is like sex. Make a single little mistake, and you'll be supporting it for the rest of your life.

That includes dedicated servers too?

Why is your site (tera-byte) so slow to load?

Thanks

Could 99$ dedicated server get 50% more time as webhosting ?

It would be quicker to email directly, but post teh answer as this is the second time it has been asked in the thread.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

If a company can run a promotion now, they can certainly do it easily in 18 months.

- bandwidth pricing falling
    - cheaper,more reliable,bigger hard drives.
    - fast processors, more capacity per server
    - more automation.

Sounds good steve.. Think i might speak to my partner about upgrading our account .

i emailed regarding this special but no reply or info ?

eva2000.com: Here is the URL for the offer: http://www.4webspace.com - and it is Tera-Byte !

Steve answered all my questions very fast - Think i might of annoyed him with a few dumb questions (=

i did get totally swamped with requests about this deal, along with my regular mail load so yes i did miss a few people for that im sorry, but as stated all the info is on http://www.4webspace.com

Steve

I have a basic stupid question:

On the page it states the following:
    Up to 100GB of transfer
    •32megs of RAM on initial install
    •10.2GB standard storage
    •Unlimited email addresses
    •Up to 300,000 page views per month
    •The ability to handle up to 35 million web objects or "hits" in a single day

So, up to 100GB, and up to 300,000 page views per month, what does that mean, is it up to 100GB or up to 300,000 page views per month, whats the difference, it has left me confused and wondering.

Lets say that each page is only 10,000 bytes, times that by 300,000 and you've got 3,000,000,000 whats that 3GB? or 30GB? so whats the difference and why is it listed at all, are you limiting people to only allow up to 300,000 page views in a month on the server?

The other question is this: You state on the order page the following:
    To add MySQL is $375
    Mysql pkg file is available from cobalt, I dont know about the raq3, but on the raq4 software admin panel, you can install MySQL by including the ftp url to the cobalt site for the mysql pkg file and the server will install it. Isn't this the same thing for cobalt 3's? If so couldnt I just install mysql through the admin panel?

Php, I assume that I can install my own php as well, do you know of any reason why php4 can not be used on a raq3?

Thanks for the info.
    Bbox

[Edited by brainbox on 12-03-2000 at 07:43 PM]

Originally posted by brainbox
    I have a basic stupid question:

On the page it states the following:
    Up to 100GB of transfer
    •32megs of RAM on initial install
    •10.2GB standard storage
    •Unlimited email addresses
    •Up to 300,000 page views per month
    •The ability to handle up to 35 million web objects or "hits" in a single day

So, up to 100GB, and up to 300,000 page views per month, what does that mean, is it up to 100GB or up to 300,000 page views per month, whats the difference, it has left me confused and wondering.

Lets say that each page is only 10,000 bytes, times that by 300,000 and you've got 3,000,000,000 whats that 3GB? or 30GB? so whats the difference and why is it listed at all, are you limiting people to only allow up to 300,000 page views in a month on the server?

the reason my site reads both the actual transfer allowed (100 gigs) and 300,000 page views is the marketing plan for these servers. i wont be marketing them just to people like yourself who know what a gig is, ill also be marketing them to people who dont know a thing about the internet. abd your calculation is correct but it isnt suposed to read 300,000 page views a month its suposed to read 300,000 page views a day, the site is not finished yet

The other question is this: You state on the order page the following:
    To add MySQL is $375
    Mysql pkg file is available from cobalt, I dont know about the raq3, but on the raq4 software admin panel, you can install MySQL by including the ftp url to the cobalt site for the mysql pkg file and the server will install it. Isn't this the same thing for cobalt 3's? If so couldnt I just install mysql through the admin panel?

Php, I assume that I can install my own php as well, do you know of any reason why php4 can not be used on a raq3?
    yes php4 will work on the server and yes you can install both of them yourself. my reason for pricing them like that is if i install them i would have to support them so your paying for a support contract in that price.

Steve

[Edited by brainbox on 12-03-2000 at 07:43 PM]
    [/QUOTE]

Thumbs up

Thanks for clarifying that for me Steve, it had me confused, am happy to say that I can add you to my list of prospectives at this point.

Bbox

steve just a question, how long does it take to setup the server from the time i order ?

Originally posted by eva2000.com
    steve just a question, how long does it take to setup the server from the time i order ?

about 15 minutes to set up the server assuming all the details are correct. the dns managment panel is only setup during regular business hours though so a server ordered tonioght wouldnt have our dns managment avaliable until tomorrow morning

Steve

Sorry for the bother, but your last response brings me to another question.

Dns, I assume that I can run my own dns on the server correct?

If so what is the DNS management that you speak of that would need to wait until you all are in on Monday?

Thanks
    Bbox

its our dns manager and if you plan on running your own dns you dont need it, although it will also supply your bandwidth usage graphs as well

Steve

Originally posted by Keeg
    your calculation is correct but it isnt suposed to read 300,000 page views a month its suposed to read 300,000 page views a day
    Yes, I also thought 300k pageviews a month is a bit on the low side.

the site is not finished yet
    Hmm... yes, and you may want to fix the entry page
    as well:
    From 4webspace.com
    This site requires the flash 5 plug-in.
    If you don't already have it, click hear
    Click hear ?!?

Mysql pkg file is available from cobalt, I dont know about the raq3, but on the raq4 software admin panel, you can install MySQL by including the ftp url to the cobalt site for the mysql pkg file and the server will install it. Isn't this the same thing for cobalt 3's?
    Yes it is that simple. Enter the URL to the package,
    click install, wait a few seconds, finished!

I wouldn't know it. Because I was able to install PHP 4.0.3pl1
    fine (http://www.vgworld.net/php/phpinfo.php).
    Installing PHP is a little more complicated than
    installing MySQL though. But if you have some basic Linux
    knowlegde (ie. you can use pico etc.) you should be able
    to install it.

its our dns manager and if you plan on running your own dns you dont need it, although it will also supply your bandwidth usage graphs as well

Steve
    i see, cause i intend to run my own dns/nameservers so i can manage all my domains. - So on the comment form how should i put this to let you know i want to run my own dns

so i put, 4webspace raq 3 99.00 and what else ?

the order form is up now on 4webspace.com

Steve

Additional IP's

Can we rent additional IPs to use with these servers?

I know that the dedicated servers available from tera-byte can be ordered with 30 IPs for $10 monthly. Is this also applicable with the 4webspace offering?

the order form is up now on 4webspace.com

Steve
    yep i put in my order a few hours ago and got my details... just having alot of trouble setting up my dns and creating my nameservers with 000domains.com domain manager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast