Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WHT Notification Email

I'm not receiving the notifications emails.
    Anybody else with the same issue?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

i'm not receiving them as well

I thought I might haev turned off the option but I double checked and not getting any either.
    Humpty Dumpty was Pushed!
    Ping! Zine A New Web Hosting Magazine for today's Hosts www.pingzine.com

Same problem here
    Marketing For Hosting Companies:

Ditto

(another +1)
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

Same here!

If I could only figure out where I been posting, I wouldn't need no notifier.
    But I can't. . . . I am so lost without the notifications.
    First the spellchecker leaves.
    Then the Members page.
    Next we can't see previous posts as we're replying.
    Now we don't get notified.
    What's next? No smilies?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

They were turned off to try and cut down on the bandwidth consumption.
    also, has anyone noticed that when you press "reply" you dont get peoples messages undernieth the post reply?

I persoanlly do not like this as i have a memory of a goldfish and so cannot remember what i was writing...

Yes about that turnip.. oops wrong post

Craig
    GURU Cloud Hosting providing UK Based True Cloud Hosting.
    SimplyHosting Dedicated Servers Based at RG1, Reading. UK. All supported by our own 24/7 onsite team.

You'll have to wait for Matt to see and comment on these points as I don't have much to do with this...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Well, it really sucks. I thunk that's what all the ads were for.
    WeedBiz™ provides comprehensive internet marketing services for the emerging legal cannabis industry in the United States and Canada.

Originally posted by Craig
    also, has anyone noticed that when you press "reply" you dont get peoples messages undernieth the post reply?
    I also noticed that and I really miss that feature. It also updated them when you previewed your post so you could see if someone had already said what you were about to say right before you posted.

-Joe

its not set in stone what i have said, im just having a guess

Craig
    GURU Cloud Hosting providing UK Based True Cloud Hosting.
    SimplyHosting Dedicated Servers Based at RG1, Reading. UK. All supported by our own 24/7 onsite team.

I can't Stand Notification Emails!

SUCKS

Ok man i have to say this sucks even worse the HTML in sig's thing before the little logo things..

Both of these were handy things. Now if some one replay to a post i will never know so saving bandwidth i don't see it. Know i have to come by the site more to see if any one has replayed to a post this using more bandwidth then if it sent me an e-mail and i go right to it.. BAD BAD IDEA.

Plus if since this has been turned off i have not been coming here as much as i did not even know it was off so i thought no one replayed to any thing.. THIS JUST SUCKS...

The other one not showing the post under your replay this will not really save any thing. I saw this a week ago and just hold the nice little Shift Key and click replay once again using more bandwidth then before.

Funny how WHT has AD's here now still not paying for hosting but does not have bandwidth seems a little odd to me.. If there is a bandwidth problem why not cut down them 9k to 12k banners i am sure the text under our replays are smaller in size.. Just and idea this kind of sucks really...

Please don't keep it this way Matt.. I have not been here 1/2 as much since this as i thought no was replaying now we will end up using way more bandwidth having to open pages search out posts just to see if any one did reply. Try making it set to default no don't send me an e-mail in the signup maybe..

SoftWareRevue

No next will be you can post but after that post you can't read it as that may crash the server or use the rest of the bandwidth.. LOL

Then it will be we need to cut all forums and just have one main one so every one can just look for there post since they could not get an e-mail to know if some one relyed. Once agian to save bandwidth..

J/K matt.... I just like these to things i think these are needed man... Why are you guys having bandwidth problems.. If i remember right when you asked for this new server as i offered you one as well you said with time we need a lot more bandwidth did Voxel Dot Net not understand this i am lost here dude.. Just trying to under stand..

BTW IF SOME ONE RELAY SOME ONE SEND ME A PM OR E-MAIL ICQ somthing so i know some one said some thing here..LOL

Wait thats an idea why not have replys to post go to PM and not e-mail no bandwidth lose there only mySQL room... Is this some thing that could be done?????????

Re: SUCKS

Originally posted by Vortech
    Plus if since this has been turned off i have not been coming here as much as i did not even know it was off so i thought no one replayed to any thing..
    I have to agree with this one. I would have appreciated some notice that this feature was being deactivated (assuming that a decision was made to do so, since we have not heard from Matt on this one yet). I probably missed replies in threads that I had been following. If I had known I was no longer getting email notification, I might have thought to check back on my own.

Additionally, if email notification is really gone, would is be possible to remove the check box for it on the "Post Reply" pages so that people don't have any reason to think that they will be getting notifications?

-Joe

PM

Really the more i think about this the PM option to have replys go there sound really good but not sure if this is some vBulletin 2.0.3 can do but would be nice to know some how that there has been a reply to your post..

I guess i could do what i am doing now just keep a few wht post open and refresh but then again this will only make things worse then it is on the bandwidth side of thing..

I don't think it's to lower the transfer

I think it's been done to drive more traffic to WHT

Dylan

How in the world would that drive more traffic to WHT??

Just as some one else said they have been here less as they did not even know it was off so they just thought no one replyed and did not come back so this is lowering the HIT's to WHT as far as i can see.. Maybe thats what they want. Who know till matt let us little guys know..

Re: Dylan

Originally posted by Vortech
    How in the world would that drive more traffic to WHT??. . . . .
    I think Dylan is saying that, now you have to come here to know what's going on.
    You can't just rely on email notification. You have to come and check if someone has replied to a thread you're interested in.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Well, the people that don't know will soon find out, and when they do they will frequent the forum more often as you can tell by the replies in this thread.

1. You have people keeping the posts open and refreshing often to check for new replies
    or
    2. You have people visiting the WHT main page, then clicking on the categories and then clicking on the threads to see if anybody has replied
    or
    3. Darn, short memory (sorry, forgot what I was going to say).

Oh, and with the no show of posts when replying, you now have people opening new windows when replying so they can check back on what they were going to comment on.

and the list goes on...

Kind of..

I kind of see you point here. But i still think is sucks over all. I have been coming here a lot less as i had no e-mail saying some one replyed..

Just seem kind of lame to me.. I mean not like they are making a killing off them little 486 banners up there so what would be the reason to want more users to come here and have to use more bandwidth then need to go and open every forum wasting time and bandwidth of theres to do so.. I see no point in it really..

I mean not 2 month ago Matt was Never any banners on WHT never never never, every one said good idea then about 2 months latter banners show up so i am lost on that one as well..

I give up trying to figure out WHT any more they say one thing it seems then next thing you know they are doing what they said they would not do.

Since i have been here lets see..
    Sigs = No HTML ( No big thing )
    Avatar = No Logo ( Ok with me really never had one..LOL )
    No Banners on WHT = Now there is
    E-Mails = Well we use to get them.
    Posts = You could see what you were replying to.

I am sure there is more but i don't remember them all. Just good to make the point here

If it's views or hits WHT needs then taking away the one thing that reminds me about it E-MAIL that i get that some has replayed to come check it..

Just to show.
    After they turned this off and i looked at this post i went to find some post i had done and see if any one replayed to them view WHT missed since i never came back one to reply and i might not even came that day like i might of if did know some one replyed.

Start from new to old with replies i missed as i just did a search for all my posts.

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=21792

Had no idea some one else replyed so i never went back there yet they lost ad views also saved bandwidth.

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=11038

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=21421

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=21530

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=20988

These are a few maybe some of them i might not of repled but i would of opened the page this making and ad view..

So all in all it just comes down to what matt is trying to do.. If its ad views then i think removing e-mail will now help at all really. As i can just search in one click on here and find all my post. So to get to search there is 2 ad views. To get an e-mail look at the post and reply there is 2 ad views.

If its to save bandwidth i don't really see it as we will be using more this way then before i think..

I think i will just wait to see what matt has to say i don't want to say any thing really that may be wrong or what matt is trying to do as i have no idea..

I just see no reason cutting the mail if user don't like the mail turn it off, it could also be because of bad e-mails coming back i have no idea.. hehe Just trying to get an idea why he would do this.

Mods don't take any thing that i have posted here the wrong way just trying to give you some idea maybe you had not thought of or a reason to turn these things back on as i used these to a lot..

???

I'm not sure why E-mail notification has'nt been working. Anyways I rebooted the MTA and uploaded the scripts again. It was not turned off due to bandwidth concerns, despite what some flame starter might say.

The previous posts in the reply window should be back now too.
    MattF - Since the start..

Oh yes, is it working
    I hope the notification email as well
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Not sure if this adds or detracts from this thread but I noticed something interesting about notification e-mails recently.

If you receive a notification for a thread but delete it then visit the thread ages later you'll find that there may be loads more posts for that thread that you werern't notified about.

Basically it seems as if the forum script takes note of when you last checked, sends you one notification that there's something new and then won't send any others until after you've checked since the previous notification.

By the sounds of it, that's not what's been happening this time but just a thought for those people who this might explain a lot to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast