Thread: design needed

design needed

I need
    - 1 Dreamweaver template for a site including a logo. Just the template, no further pages.
    - 1 468x60 banner

The customers of the site will be kids from 5-15 (and maybe their parents), so the design must fit both for a 5 year old child and a 12 year old teenie. The design should be warm, colorful (but not too much ) and friendly. The main content of the site will be tables and a vBulletin forum.

Must:
    - designed with Dreamweaver as a template
    - compatible with IE and Netscape
    - use of CSS
    - support for multiple languages should be easy, e.g. useage of textlinks rather than buttons
    - no flash, no fancy things
    - easy and simple navigation through textlinks
    - websafe colors
    - designed for a resolution of max. 800x600

Nice to have:
    - compatible with further browsers like Opera
    - ability to customize a vBulletin board so it looks like the site

Further things:
    - portfolio required
    - payment: VISA

Walter,

You can read a little about me at: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=10806

Also I would like to add that my partner in crime is an excellent cartoonist, so we could together get the desired effects that you want. If interested please email me at: ssarvi@pocketmail.com

regards,
    Saeed
    (SH)Saeed

Walter, please feel free to browser our designer's web site at www.quadrent.com. If you are interested, please contact me at allera@focalhosting.com.
    Alex Llera
    Professional Server Management
    FreeBSD|Linux|HSphere|Cpanel|Plesk

allera, your page don't work. I visited and it poped up a new smaller window with a loding bar outside of the browser, and after it was done it gave 2 erros and when I tried to close the browser the popup would not go away.. It never let me enter your site.
    (SH)Saeed

Quadrent goes all snazzy with his sites. You need IE 5.5+ to use that site. I'll see if I can get him to pop up a site with his portfolio on it that doesn't do all the snazzy things he does with his main one.

He experiments a lot.
    Alex Llera

I tried visiting the site too.. IE 6 doesn't work on it.

Please get the latest version of Internet Explorer. Available from microsoft.com free of charge. Then please try loading quadrent.com again.

I can understand if a website expects you to use IE or have Flash plugin. But to download a 20MB program is a little to much.

PS. What happened to the multi-browser compatibility? I guess that guy just don't want any customers.
    (SH)Saeed

allera I had to reboot my computer becuase of your site. Your site has some major problems.

You may want to do some fixing up on things before offering a web design service.
    Quality Professional Web Hosting
    www.host-tastic.com

Eh, ok, this isn't *my* site. It's my *designer's* site. He gets _many_ hits a month on it with very little complaints that I've seen.

I said already that I'll get him to work on a cross-browser compatible site for portfolio viewing.

This is simply his personal site that he experiments with new browser technologies that happens to have his portfolio inside (bad choice, I do agree with you).

Just don't jump down on me about it It has always worked for me on IE 5.5 and 6.0, so I thought it was alright to post.

xwebdesigner: the site is intensive, sorry about the need to reboot.

zolbian: the sites he designs for clients _are_ cross-browser compatible. I don't have the list handy right now, but I'll post his recent designs later on today.

Seer: IE 6 is really buggy man, I'm about to chuck it out the window myself. My Outlook just isn't the same anymore.
    Alex Llera

Some questions....

Saeed (zolbian), where can I find your portfolio? The thread you mentioned doesn't show something.

xwebdesigner, your portfolio only shows 1 site, is this right?

Walter, I posted my email above so you could email me and we can talk there. So send me an email and I will give you some URL's.
    (SH)Saeed

Zolbian, mail sent. BTW, is your portfolio a secret? Just wondering...

I got some URLs from my designer.

*When he programs* he programs heavily for IE. He doesn't do the programming for us, so any browser incompatibilities on the sites below are due to the programmers themselves and not to us in any way (we do not host these sites, nor are in any way connected to these sites, other than quadrent.com).

*When he designs*, it's up to the programmer to ensure compatibility. He merely creates a template in photoshop and gives it to the developers (or customer) who then code the site.

His portfolio page (he deals mainly in selling templates he creates -- these are some of them):
    http://www.quadrent.com/images/web/index.php3

Some working designs (I have no idea who programmed these pages, but he designed them):
    www.importexportbulletinboard.com
    www.importstyle.com
    www.bladesoflaw.com
    www.moshshockerz.com

If anything doesn't work with your particular browser or OS, don't holler at me, I had nothing to do with the development of the site. I'm just showing you what he's capable of *designing*. All these sites worked for me using IE 5.5.

Hope you enjoy. Direct all complaints to /dev/null.

Alex Llera

Originally posted by Walter
    Zolbian, mail sent. BTW, is your portfolio a secret? Just wondering...
    Walter, the reason is because my company website is not up at the moment and I really don't want to give out the URL of some of the projets we're working on.

I did not recieve your email. Do you mind sending it again? I'm installing a few different email programs hoping to find a good one. It might have gotten lost there somewhere.

Thanks
    (SH)Saeed

Lightbulb design

We can help you.

Unfortunately we are at the begining and still do not have a portofolio. Next week we'll have a site up (Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash and ASP in it).

Let me have an idea about the price at toma1708@zwallet.com.

Sincerely,
    ||| >> Web Hosting and PHP/MySQL development services.
    ||| >> Vacation properties rental script - we are selling and supporting it since 2003: http://www.online-rent.com

Site...

Walter,

I've created several sites for younger kids (usually 5-12) and I've always used handdrawn cartoons for the graphics and what not. Please contact me at

gsmith@copperminedesign.com

and I'll give you the portfolio. The site is currently being redesigned, we're finally finding time to work on it after finishing up a customer's site. (I can give you a "sneak peak" if you feel inclined to e-mail me).

The only site we've done for kids that isn't internal and I could show you now is http://www.acseagles.org/ They've screwed with the layout/font some but the original graphics are still there (this was created over a year and a half ago).

Also I'm in love with browser compatibility... our current site even works on Mozilla... wonder of wonders. I think it's because of the hand coding.

Thanks,