Girl Missing 6 Weeks Found, Brother Still Missing

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8443793

The Associated Press
    Updated: 12:40 p.m. ET July 2, 2005

An 8-year-old girl who disappeared with her brother six weeks ago from a home where family members were bludgeoned to death was found Saturday at a Denny’s restaurant in the same town. The girl’s 9-year-old brother, Dylan, had not been found, Kootenai County Sheriff’s Capt. Ben Wolfinger said. He said Joseph Edward Duncan III, a registered sex offender from Fargo, N.D., had been arrested and charged with kidnapping. Duncan was arrested without incident and was being held without bond, Wolfinger said. He said the suspect had an outstanding warrant for failing to register as a sex offender and had a history of rape. Shasta was being interviewed by investigators, and Wolfinger said he had no information on where she had been held or where her brother may be. Dylan and Shasta Groene had been missing since at least May 16, when sheriff’s deputies responded to their rural home after a neighbor reported that dogs were barking and the door of one vehicle was open but no one was in sight. The deputies found the bound bodies of Brenda Groene, 40, Slade Groene, 13, and Mark McKenzie, 37. The victims were bound and then bludgeoned to death.

Man, we as a nation are going to have to start doing something about these sex offenders. I don't know what, but it appears that these scum may have to be kept in prison for life without parole.

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ssing_children

More information about this sick son of a.... . I can not believe there are people like this in the world.

I am so glad she have been found. I hope her brother is still alive. She been with a sex register offender?? Who know what he has done to her...that will take years of therapy sessions?
    At 2 am and close to where her parents was killed?

Sick and stupid to go to a Denny’s at 2 a.m. with a child,” Bob Price, Shasta’s paternal uncle, said by telephone from Tacoma, Wash.

Well seeing as she was alive,maybe her brother was with her??!?!?!?!?! I dunno......Perhaps she knows where he is.........

All we can do is pray!!!!!!!! (Thanx for that other link Torinth)

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

From what I heard, the brother is presumed dead. Sad, sad story. Some people are simply subhuman. At least the sister is alive and will hopefully recover from this someday.
    H4Y Technologies LLC .. Since 2001!!
    "Smarter, Cheaper, Faster" - SMB, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated, Colo hosting done right.

ZERO PACKETLOSS, ZERO DOWNTIME Dedicated and Colo - USA: IA, CA, NC, OR, NV
    **http://h4y.us** **http://iwfhosting.net**
    Voice: (866)435-5642. *** askus at host4yourself d0t com

On the up side it appears there was two calls to police now regarding her sighting at Denny's.

Nice to see people till take the effort to make a difference.

I feel sorry her brother may be dead however.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

If the suspect is convicted of the killings, in Idaho he could be sentenced to death. Idaho juries do tend to vote for death penalties in multiple murders. Chances are good that a few years down the road opponents of capital punishment are going to be going through contortions about how his life should be spared.

They found human remains supposedly and they are thinking it is the brother, but they won't know forsure for a few more days.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

The people who later on will be arguing for leniency are currently keeping a low profile, with so much news being about the crime. I hope people still remember this stuff later on when they argue about how the inmate spent so many years reading poetry and painting flowers and stuff.