View Poll Results: Do you have MySQL Support on your Windows Servers?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • What is MySQL?

0 0%

* MySQL on Windows Server

Just curious to know how many of you (Windows Hosting Providers) have MySQL (any version) support on your servers?
    RVH Cloud - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

If you plan to support PHP, then MySQL is a must-have. If you plan to be a Microsoft-only host then stick with SQL Server 2005. I will say that SQL Server 2005 is much easier to manage than MySQL.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

If you're going to offer php, mysql is a must like RSNET-John has said.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

Most of the windows hosting providers are providing with MySQL support.. and I would defer from the opinion of contactsonia.. MySQL is very easy to manage too..
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

Quote Originally Posted by sure123 View Post
    Most of the windows hosting providers are providing with MySQL support.. and I would defer from the opinion of contactsonia.. MySQL is very easy to manage too..
    Hey... I never said it is is hard to manage MySQL Servers

In fact, I am big fan of PHP and MySQL and all our Windows Servers are having mySQL Support. It is easy to manage, light weight and high performance db server. It is free too. I don't see any reasons not having this on the servers.

Actually I created this poll because somebody on WHT said that there are not many Windows Provider having MySQL Support. Pls see this thread - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=628950 and I said most of the Windows Host provide MySQL Support. So I created a poll here to see what other fellow hosters says

And as I can see, I was right. Nobody has cast even a single negative vote as yet
    RVH Cloud - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by contactsonia View Post
    Actually I created this poll because somebody on WHT said that there are not many Windows Provider having MySQL Support.
    It seems like all the major providers offer MySQL support to better support the folks who want to use PHP on Windows.
    Ryan

Get Your IP and DNS Info: www.getyourip.net

Many of the larger Windows hosts do not in fact support MySQL, because in comparison to SQL Server it's slow, a pain to manage, and the recovery model is just plain unacceptable.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Most of the providers do have. Except from the manageability concern, it's an open source which can add in as an extra features for your hosting services.
    Tweakservers : Authorised Reseller of SmarterMail | SmarterStats | SmarterStats | Mailenable

Unless you have a control panel allowing customers to change their folders/files permission themselves, supporting for php/mysql on windows will take more time -> you will need to spend more money into it.