Arrow Need help with windows media player

Hi,

I am having problems playing videos in media player. The problem is sound works fine but no picture. I thought it was just my desktop since all files and DVD's work fine on my laptop. But my friend is now having the same problem, he computer is less than 2 months old.

I have tried, Turning off graphics card acceleration, changing colour depth, and everything windows trouble shooter said to try.

This problem is not just with media player. The application for my TV card does the same and so does quicktime and real player.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MKHosting; 06-28-2006 at 12:19 PM.
    MK Hosting - Reliable Affordable UK Hosting Since 2005
    www.mkhosting.co.uk
    Shared Hosting - Reseller hosting - Dedicated Servers - VPS - Colocation - IT Services

Quote Originally Posted by MKHosting
    Hi,

I am having problems playing videos in media player. The problem is sound works fine but no picture. I thought it was just my desktop since all files and DVD's work fine on my laptop. But my friend is now having the same problem, he computer is less than 2 months old.

I have tried, Turning off graphics card acceleration, changing colour depth, and everything windows trouble shooter said to try.

This problem is not just with media player. The application for my TV card does the same and so does quicktime and real player.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Sounds like your missing a codec.

http://download.divxmovies.com/DivXInstaller.exe
    http://www.xpcodecpack.com/cgi-bin/d...Pack-1_3_4.zip

Download and install both of those, restart, then try to play the video.

Thanks!

Worked.
    MK Hosting - Reliable Affordable UK Hosting Since 2005
    www.mkhosting.co.uk
    Shared Hosting - Reseller hosting - Dedicated Servers - VPS - Colocation - IT Services

Quote Originally Posted by MKHosting
    Thanks!

Worked.
    Glad I could help.