Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question cpanel V.S. Plesk

ive tried them both out and i like plesk its more admin friendly, but i just dont know if its worth giving up fantasico. On the other hand plesk has a sitebuilder too(but who would you host that would use that). What are your opinions/expirences
      0 Not allowed!

I wouldn't use Plesk for the SiteBuilder tool and I agree with your contention that most users would not even consider using it. But in general I like Plesk more than cPanel.
    John Meacham
    Server Surgeon - Server Management Services
    See our reviews on Facebook
    Toll Free US 877-378-7436 International +1-213-291-9191
      0 Not allowed!

I use to have plesk and I thought it was amazing. I noticed every once in a while that plesk would have problems and I would have to contact their support and get them to fix known issues. Sometimes they were unable to fix it and wouldn't unless I payed them a fee. I switched to cpanel and whm and it is blows away plesk. It is easy to use, it has more controls and options, and overall it just works a lot better.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm a big cpanel fan. Very functional and the times we've had to contact their support, they've always been quick to respond and very quick to fix any issues.
    BliksemHosting.com || WEBHOST MAGAZINE & BUYER'S GUIDE Editors' Choice for Reseller Hosting
    *Exceptional Service & Uptime || True 24/7 Support & End-User Support || Industry Leading SLA
    *Shared --> Reseller --> Semi-Dedicated --> CO-OP --> VPS --> Dedicated
    *Fully Scalable --- We're the last host you'll need
      0 Not allowed!

While I'm not in the Plesk camp now, for a stability and usability standpoint, it's no competition. Plesk has a much cleaner interface, is significantly more stable than cPanel and while Plesk does have some dependancies on the server software, it's nowhere nearly as bad as cPanel's. Some will say that cPanel is "more robust" than Plesk but if you consider what 99% of all web hosts/clients do, both cPanel and Plesk do the exact same thing.

My biggest beef w/ Plesk, however, is qmail which is a rotting piece of crap. Once you get past that, Plesk is a pretty good product. Thankfully with Plesk 7.5 for Linux, they unbundled Plesk's usage of mysql, php and apache from what your websites use, something cPanel really needs to learn how to do. So with Plesk, you can run apache 2 (or 2.2 if you're crazy), MySQL 5 and PHP5. Plesk also uses fewer server resources than cPanel so you can fit that extra website or 10 on a plesk box.
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry I would say Hsphere is the best of all.
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows
      0 Not allowed!

I'm very big on cPanel. I think that it is one of the better control panels. It offersa whole lot more than plesk. Plus if you really wanted to you could use a site builder in cPanel. Plus plesk is a little simplistic.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ramorax
    I'm very big on cPanel. I think that it is one of the better control panels. It offersa whole lot more than plesk. Plus if you really wanted to you could use a site builder in cPanel. Plus plesk is a little simplistic.
    exactly what does cPanel offer ***that people actually use*** that Plesk doesnt? Besides a cluttered interface, being a memory pig, being more unstable than plesk and not allowing you to choose your own versions of popular applications?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ihostfried
    I noticed every once in a while that plesk would have problems and I would have to contact their support and get them to fix known issues. Sometimes they were unable to fix it and wouldn't unless I payed them a fee.
    This probably is one of the biggest disadvantages of Plesk. They charge for everything under the sky and their list of payed support options seems to go on for ever.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal
    This probably is one of the biggest disadvantages of Plesk. They charge for everything under the sky and their list of payed support options seems to go on for ever.
    yeah, if it wasn't for ART and the user forums, Plesk would have issues. Thankfully I never had any problems in the time I ran Plesk but that's a big ugly about them, one of the few.
      0 Not allowed!

i love cpanel.... !
      0 Not allowed!

Ive used cPanel For about 3 Years Now I think its great
      0 Not allowed!

Never tried plesk. I'd go with cPanel, but I recently started using Direct Admin, and find the interface is much more relaxing and easy to use.
      0 Not allowed!

I use Plesk, and love it! Once you get used to it from cPanel/WHM, I think it looks a lot nicer!
      0 Not allowed!

From a user or novice point of view, Plesk has nicer interface, easier to use and that is pretty much it.

From an experienced admin who needs to do serious work on a server and customize the server to their specific needs, Plesk falls way short. I hate the PLESK structure on Unix, it lacks the simplisity of cPanel backup tool which will save any system admin alot of time in recovering accounts.

I still believe for an experience admin, Plesk is behind even with their 7.5 version

My vote goes to cPanel though I wish they focus more now on perfecting the panel, adding more cluster options than adding extra features.
    Reliability • Performance • Integrity
      0 Not allowed!

Plesk looks alot more professional unless you buy extra skins for cpanel. Default cpanel, especially WHM skin looks like it was made by an HTML newbie. WHM looks too messy for me. I still use it though, but in the future if I plan on offering reseller plans, I'll switch to plesk, or another web control panel that looks nice from admins, resellers, and user's point of view.
    IntelliSerp - The most accurate and intelligent keyword rank tracking software.
      0 Not allowed!

I am thinking of building a whole new panel. I have cpanel now I am disconnecting my servers by feb 13 2006 I don't wanna do hosting any more but I do want to built my own panel.
      0 Not allowed!

Plesk is pretty but i feel Cpanel/WHM gives you more options to run your site/server
      0 Not allowed!

Go with Hsphere, it will manage Windows and Linux. It will also manage billing for you
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by WHTer
    Plesk looks alot more professional unless you buy extra skins for cpanel. Default cpanel, especially WHM skin looks like it was made by an HTML newbie. WHM looks too messy for me. I still use it though, but in the future if I plan on offering reseller plans, I'll switch to plesk, or another web control panel that looks nice from admins, resellers, and user's point of view.
    cPanel comes with three skins now. We're also looking to develop new skins. I'd be interested in hearing more specific feedback on how we can improve the themes.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com
      0 Not allowed!

Cpanel can simplie order Templatemonster a other major temp companies to create new and UI friendly.
    I don't know why they don't this?!
    We use ugly cp skins for long time
      0 Not allowed!

cPanel is Cool )
    I Have Cpanel and Confixx :]
    Good Panels :]
      0 Not allowed!

Next month,we will use Plesk and HSPC together.

We maybe the first company using it in china!

I like it!
      0 Not allowed!

Anyone in here who have tried installing Plesk on Debian 3.1? If you have a minute to spare, please pm me.
    -Mr Bister
      0 Not allowed!

I've got to put my vote in for Plesk. The interface is especially nice, but it can take quite a few minutes to go through the long process of creating a hosting account.

Regards,
    Jeff Wickenheiser
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast