That worked mike but still when i ftp into domain1.com ip addres it takes me to that domains users page........i'll get a page that says welcome to chris page instead of domain1.com page but since i set that user to have site adminstrator i can get to domain1.com page now

the user page is at /users/chris/web

and domain1.coms page is at /web

I don't get it

Cool

i finally got my raq setup it took me a few days but my domains are up now i can type in www.mydomain.com and there it is!! but im still confused some i added a user for say domain1.com now when i ftp to domain1.com ip address using the user Id i just made it brings me to a directory called /web with an index file inside i looked at the file and it said welcome to the user names id i just made up? I don't understand why does the user id i made up have his on page? what is that for it dosent come up when i type in domain1.com

When i ftp into the main site (administration)using a differant ip address than what domian1.com is located at it brings me to a directory called

/home/sites/home/web ......something like that

when i look around there i see directorys for all my domians so i went to domain1.com and changed the index file to what i wanted then i typed in domain1.com and there was the new page i just uploaded.

why cant i change the page with the user i made up for that domain? Instead i get the users page instead of the domain1.com can anyone tell me what im missing here? if this makes any senese lol

Thanks for the help if it wasnt from you guys i would have never got the DNS right!!

I'm not sure that I totally understand the question, but did you make the user a SITE ADMINISTRATOR? If not then that could be the problem.

------------------
    Mike Astin
    WebAuthorities
    http://www.webauthorities.com

There is a way to stop it from doing that, but for the life of me I can't remember. The way the RAQ is setup is when a user FTP's or TELNET's into his account he/she is placed into the /home/sites/domainname/users/username/web directory.

There is a user support group at cobalt.com that may be able to help

------------------
    Mike Astin
    WebAuthorities
    http://www.webauthorities.com

Well, happy day for you. Where did you get your RaQ3?

I've been reading the RAQ groups as I am considering whether to lease a RAQ3. Anyway, heres the deal if you haven't gotten the answer.

Each user is given a home directory and they ftp directly into that. Site administrators can FTP into any directory. Set up your FTP client to go directly to "/web". That way when you log in, you will be taken to the root directory for the virtual site. This just sends a CD command to /web which can be done once you are logged in.

Drew

Just to clear up Drew's post a bit, once you create a site, you then can create two kinds of users. One, a site administrator (be sure the small checkbox is checked when creating the users), or just a regular user that can only FTP into their directory (visible at http://domain.com/users/nameofuser on the web and /users/nameofuser/web in the FTP).

Cool

I got my raq3 from hispeedhosting so far there support has been great as you can guess i send them alot of emails every day

I almost went with DialToneInternet.com for a raq but hispeed had them beat with more ram and monthly data transfer allowance for the same price.

Thanks for all the info!!

Chris0, they look good. Reasonable priced not too cheap and not too expensive. Would you mind telling us your spec? or email me coreace@ureach.com, thanks