Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AzzidReign View Post
    Proof I was looking at was graphs. I was always asked for proof by sysadmins like AdminGeekz and my current guy. Again, I'm the messenger when it comes to services like yourself. If you want to know why they wanted proof, ask them why. Don't jump to conclusions and try making me look bad again. You are just bringing stuff into this thread that has become personal between us to. I'm not the one bringing it in here, you are. Please remain professional as I have tried.

Anyways, this thread is NOT about you. This is about DDoS Defend. Let it continue after this post please. Thanks.
    Azzid: I am sure Jeff understands just as I do that the thread was initially meant to be about DDOS Defend however you did go out of your way to call our solutions slow or crud then it likely will not go unnoticed without a response from the provider.

Simply stating 'it did not work for us' would have been better initially than waiting until page 2 to state it's not personal or targeted at those companies.

In either case, I do look forward to the next review as your track record has ruled out several long-time mitigation providers with an excellent history. The common factor being your site and apparently many services that are horrible. When you have been through this many companies, it becomes questionable as to what the real problem is.

Best of luck.
    PeakVPN.Com | Complete Privacy VPN | Cloud Hosting | Guaranteed Security | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    PeakVPN | 31 VPN Servers | 17-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ PeakVPN.Com (Coming SOON) | ASN: 3915

Proof I was looking at was graphs. I was always asked for proof by sysadmins like AdminGeekz and my current guy. Again, I'm the messenger when it comes to services like yourself. If you want to know why they wanted proof, ask them why. Don't jump to conclusions and try making me look bad again. You are just bringing stuff into this thread that has become personal between us to. I'm not the one bringing it in here, you are. Please remain professional for the sake of this thread and if you really wanted to talk about things, maybe replying the emails I had sent would be a good start. I've tried to be the nice one and you were attacking me right away and you wouldn't even hear me out. I'm trying to mend things which is why everything from our past was not proposed in this thread.

Anyways, this thread is NOT about you. This is about DDoS Defend. Let it continue after this post please. Thanks.
    Contrary to your opinion there is no conspiracy theory to discredit you or your host. No one here has said anything that would even begin to qualify as unprofessional.

That's fine, wait for a month then. I've written multiple reviews on other sites for other products and if the products work, I give good reviews. Reviews need to be honest. I've written a great review about my current sysadmin and even written great testimonials for the multiple graphic designers and even AdminGeekz. Just because I don't like 3 products doesn't mean that is a track record. How about I post all my testimonials and reviews from other sites here so you can truly see my track record. If the service works well for me, I let people know. If it doesn't work well for me, I also let people know. I shouldn't insulted by saying "his track record is bad" just because I didn't like your service and you have no clue what my history has been.

Again, you can wait if you'd like. But the performance alone is more than I could ask for when I was just expecting DDoS protection and a laggy proxy due to my past experiences.

That's certainly good news. I think what ServerOrigin was trying to say is that you could have chosen to focus purely on your outstanding experience with DDoS Defend without bringing other providers into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    That's certainly good news. I think what ServerOrigin was trying to say is that you could have chosen to focus purely on your outstanding experience with DDoS Defend without bringing other providers into the mix.
    Why would he want to do that? The whole point of a review such like this one is to show what he currently has had a good experience with and what he has previously has had a bad experience with. This helps some of the same community he is personally a part of from making the same bad choices he has made previously, only with the state of mind to help them save money.

I personally don't think just because he didn't go on saying Black Lotus was great experience in the review (when it really far from is from my personal experience) you shouldn't go on saying he shouldn't focus on stating his previous experiences with other providers.

- BreaKp0inT

Perhaps another thread would have been a better venue?

Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    Perhaps another thread would have been a better venue?
    Or perhaps not. My opinions expressed in this thread are completely relevant and I'm sure they are an accurate reflection of AzzidReign's opinion as well.

- BreaKp0inT

Quote Originally Posted by BreaKp0inT View Post
    Why would he want to do that? The whole point of a review such like this one is to show what he currently has had a good experience with and what he has previously has had a bad experience with. This helps some of the same community he is personally a part of from making the same bad choices he has made previously, only with the state of mind to help them save money.

I personally don't think just because he didn't go on saying Black Lotus was great experience in the review (when it really far from is from my personal experience) you shouldn't go on saying he shouldn't focus on stating his previous experiences with other providers.

- BreaKp0inT
    Don't worry about it. I'm done trying to get them to see my point of view (which you obviously understood ).

Quote Originally Posted by ServerOrigin View Post
    In either case, I do look forward to the next review as your track record has ruled out several long-time mitigation providers with an excellent history.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news to those that expected me to turn around and complain about DDoS Defend after a few months like I had with a few of the other companies. Sorry guys, you were wrong. These guys still ROCK!

As you can see by the comments made in this thread, I'm not easy to please. I've not found a single thing to complain about with DDoS Defend...and trust me, if I did, I would post it like I had with the others. I believe in honest reviews, I guess that's a rare thing to find here and certain people don't like it. If you look up cell phone reviews, nearly all reviews will include a comparison between at least one other cell phone (now days it's everything in comparison to iPhone, Evo and whatever new phone is out); which is why I made a thread like this. Why make a separate review for the same services given by different companies? You can see why the companies don't like these types of reviews, but these are the best for the consumers, you know...those that are paying for these services! I guess they think it's too unfair as the "conditions" may have changed. I'll tell you this though, the conditions hadn't changed at all for a whole year with the 3, 4 or 5 other services I used...and then it just stopped when I used DDoS Defend? Yeah, makes a lot of sense. Believe what you want, I don't care. It is what it is. I'm just happy my users are excited that they can load the site 99% of the time (and without much lag or errors from the proxy!).

So, I've been with these guys for 3 months now (well, in 2 days). I've had downtime on my site, but it was mainly due to my server and not their service. They had a single blip that put me down for 5 minutes...at most (I didn't time it, just saw that by the time I submitted the ticket, it was up and running again and they apologized within minutes of the ticket). 5 minutes over 3 months, not bad at all. Definitely not what I'm use to from DDoS protection service. Also, I've only had to submit 2 support tickets with them. Once at the beginning due to incompatibility between their service and our server (took all but 2-3 responses to fix) and then the time it went down for <5 minutes. Again, definitely not what I'm use to with services like DDoS Defend. A++ service (still) IMHO.
    I'll continue to update this thread as the months go by. Maybe these guys are so great right now because they are just starting out and care for all of the clients they have. Not sure how it will be when they get bigger, but as long as my site loads and they mitigate the attacks, I have no reason to complain and will continue using these services!

Another month has gone by. I've not had to create any tickets in the last month. BUT from my understanding, my site had some downtime last night of less than an hour due to the proxy. Luckily, this occurred at the lowest point in the day and after asking 20 of my most active members, only 1 of them could provide me some detail on this incidence.

I'm still very happy with the service. My opinion hasn't changed about these guys. Still top notch. I've referred multiple bigboard admin friends of mine to these guys and they've also been very happy.

AzzidReign,

The ddosdefends homepage looks like having some problems, they are not having any new for a months. No knowledgebase info at their website..

Can you advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Henqi View Post
    AzzidReign,

The ddosdefends homepage looks like having some problems, they are not having any new for a months. No knowledgebase info at their website..

Can you advice?
    What problems? I've not see any, though I don't visit their site unless I'm having issues with mine (which has averaged out to be less than 1 time per month). If you would like, I can try to direct them to this thread if you continue to have problems with their site.

To give an update on this whole situation, I'm still very happy with their service. Some users in this thread would claim to be very surprised by this. I'm sorry if I hold companies and services up to the standards they claim. What's wrong with that? Apparently my DDoS attacks have totally changed the instant I moved to DDoS Defend and haven't come back since. Hard to believe when I had been having DDoS attacks for 3 years straight and the previous had been the biggest attacks thus forcing me to seek a major DDoS solution. After a year of trial and error, I've come to the conclusion that DDoS Defend is one of the best!!! I've not tried Awknet but why try them when DDoS Defend is Awknet + their own customized node?! Not to mention I've tried to get a hold of awknet in the past and they never returned my emails and phone calls.

I can't express enough as to how happy I am with the services DDoS Defend provides. They may not have all the fancy "get a free CDN" or blah blah blah with our service, but they live up to their service they claim! I would much rather have a service that works than one that gives me a bunch of stuff that is rendered useless if my site can't even load a lot of the time.

So take what I say with a grain of salt. If you feel there is a greater amount of evidence saying the other services work better, then use them. If they don't work, then you know I was right and know who to go to after that. Or start with this, be happy and stay with one service the whole way!!!

I hope one day the evidence will be out...

2 and a half months later. Still happy with their services.

Been using their services for 7 months now and couldn't imagine life without them! I no longer have to worry that my DDoS protection is going to fail like I did with the other services. In all of 7 months, I've created 2 support threads; 1 about downtime which ended up not being related to their service, and the other about configuring our server when first ordered the protection.

If you are out to find a budget friendly and superior service, DDoSDefend is for you.

Thanks for the review.

I've been looking for a DDoS protection service for a while now that doesn't have prices in the thousands for simple protection.

I'm going to try and contact DDoS defend for a quote now.

Wish me luck

Just wanted to see if anyone else has any reviews about DDoSDefend.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

You won't find a better DDoS protection service. I've been through them all (besides Awknet which DDoS Defend is powered by them...I would have tried Awknet if they would have returned my 5-6 phone calls and 3-4 emails but never did).

I'm on month 10 with them and still not a single problem. As I've stated before, the other services I used, I would be using their ticket system almost daily. With DDoS Defend, I think the last I looked was I had only 2 or 3 tickets open and the first 2 were to get everything synced up properly and the 3rd one as my fault.

It's hard to find positive reviews on companies. If people are happy, they won't post a review. If they are pissed, they will post one. I was in the unfortunate position where I was pissed at multiple companies for not doing as advertised and once I found a company that did do as advertised, I was ecstatic and felt the need to let everyone know. Obviously the other companies hated me for it and they tried to come up with bullshhhh reasons as to why my site was working on DDoS Defend and not theirs. The fact of the matter is, it took me a whole year going from company to company to find one that actually worked and they go and blame it on something that sounds more like chance ("oh the ddoser's must have stopped once you moved over to ddosdefend" oh really now?).

Give them a try. I know they are the least expensive out and best out in the market. You have nothing to lose bc if you are unhappy with them, at least you started with the least expensive service and you can work your way up.

Yeah we signed up earlier this month. So far so good

Quote Originally Posted by VN-Ken View Post
    Yeah we signed up earlier this month. So far so good
    Congrats!! Let me know if you write a review

Well, I haven't updated this in a while. Been with DDoS Defend now for almost a whole year. Best decision I have EVER made for my site. In the entire year, I've only ran into a single problem with them. Just the other day, one of their clients was getting a massive DDoS attack that bogged down their network from my understanding (my understanding could be wrong lol) but it had slowed my page loads down some, but never went offline.

With that being the only problem in a whole year, I would say that is pretty damn good for any DDoS company. I've spoken with many people that have switched from other [lesser] DDoS Protection sites and they've had nothing but great things to say and thanked me for suggesting them to make the move.

I couldn't be more happy with a service. A+++ for these guys! If you haven't made the switch yet, I highly recommend trying them out. The worst that could happen is they don't work out (unlikely). The best, you could save a ton of money and receive MUCH BETTER protection.

Well, I haven't updated this in a while. Been with DDoS Defend now for almost a whole year. Best decision I have EVER made for my site. In the entire year, I've only ran into a single problem with them. Just the other day, one of their clients was getting a massive DDoS attack that bogged down their network from my understanding (my understanding could be wrong lol) but it had slowed my page loads down some, but never went offline.

With that being the only problem in a whole year, I would say that is pretty damn good for any DDoS company. I've spoken with many people that have switched from other [lesser] DDoS Protection sites and they've had nothing but great things to say and thanked me for suggesting them to make the move.

I couldn't be more happy with a service. A+++ for these guys! If you haven't made the switch yet, I highly recommend trying them out. The worst that could happen is they don't work out (unlikely). The best, you could save a ton of money and receive MUCH BETTER protection.
    I've had an amazing experience with them so far as well. Thanks for referring me

No complaints so far.

I am glad to see so many happy users as I am ready to give them a try next month.

It's been one year now since I started their service. I've had continued attacks, yet not seeing anything wrong with it on my end. I've had one problem in an entire year where I had to contact them about why the site wasn't working. It wasn't their fault but they were on top of the problem at the datacenter and kept me updated on the situation. This issue lasted 1-2 days.

Needless to say, I'm happy with saying 1-2 days of trouble in a whole year is definitely worth it, especially at the much lower rates than every where else with much better performance in my humble and honest opinion.

It's been one year now since I started their service. I've had continued attacks, yet not seeing anything wrong with it on my end. I've had one problem in an entire year where I had to contact them about why the site wasn't working. It wasn't their fault but they were on top of the problem at the datacenter and kept me updated on the situation. This issue lasted 1-2 days.

Needless to say, I'm happy with saying 1-2 days of trouble in a whole year is definitely worth it, especially at the much lower rates than every where else with much better performance in my humble and honest opinion.
    Thanks so much for your honest reviews.
    Thanks BreaKp0inT too.

Thanks so much for your honest reviews.
    Thanks BreaKp0inT too.

I Have brought it for my company today waiting on them to activate it for me with ddos defend

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast