Talking Webhost Questions

I've used friends hosting services for my website pretty much since its inception. Now, I'm getting tired of the constant switches, and want to get something professionally hosted.

I'm looking for 1gig of disk space, 20 gigs of bandwidth, 3 mysql databases, email, subdomains, and the ability to host 4 different domains, with a vB. I'm transferring from mySQL5/PHP5 enabled servers, and have had trouble downgrading to mySQL4 servers.

I've looked at Verio, Ionhosting, VONetwork, 1and1, ASmallOrange, and LunarPages. I actually signed up for 1and1, and left within 24 hours because of the way they treated me.

ASmallOrange is my ideal candidate, but they have suspended new accounts for now due to volume.

What are your takes?

What is your budget?

What was it about ASmallOrange that you like? That might help narrow down your ideal candidates and allow for more focused suggestions.
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

Exclamation

My budget is basically $15, though I will go higher.

As for ASO, I was leaning towards them because of their reviews. That's the only reason. I've found things about all the one's I've looked at that I didn't like.

• Verio has no subdomain support, and only allows 1 domain, period. (that eliminates them)
    • IonHosting doesn't answer their phones, and their 24/7 online chat hasn't had a rep on it yet.
    • VONetwork looks promising...
    • 1and1 I actually tried, I've already cancelled my account
    • ASO, as I said, meets my needs, and I've seen no bad reviews
    • LunarPages just plain scares me based on the reviews I've seen
    There are probably hosts I've missed, and I'm open to suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by richard4339
    ASmallOrange is my ideal candidate, but they have suspended new accounts for now due to volume.

What are your takes?

It seems like I remember them doing this not long ago, but it was only for about a 24 hour period. Maybe they are stating something different though on their website about it.
    Good Luck.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Probably they are waiting for a new server to be ready, try to contact to their sales department, probably can accomodate your site on a new server, or let you know when they're ready.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

It seems like I remember them doing this not long ago, but it was only for about a 24 hour period.
    If I recall correctly at some point they have actually started offerring lifetime packages in order to get in advance the money needed to buy and setup new servers. Apparently rapid growth requires adequate financing.

In my mind, ASO sounds really good. I've also seen HostGator. If I narrowed it down to the two of those, who would you all pick?

We've used hostgator in the past and while we had no problems with the hosting itself, their support isn't that great IMHO.

Why not try somewhere line cyberhostpro.com or other smaller companies that will tailor a plan to meet yourneeds at a decent price?
    IndigoHosts
    Linux Shared & Reseller Hosting
    Instant Activation on all plans
    www.indigohosts.co.uk

I decided to give Tulip Systems a try (ts-host.com). My current host is using them for his dedicated server, and has raving reviews. And, for the most part, there are no reviews of them on here. So, I thought I'd be able to give a good first one.