View Poll Results: Which Payment Processor do you use?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Authorize.net

6 35.29%
  • 2Checkout

2 11.76%
  • Paypal

3 17.65%
  • Worldpay

0 0%
  • PlanetPayment

0 0%
  • Paysystems

3 17.65%
  • CyberCash

0 0%
  • iBill

0 0%
  • Pay Flow Pro

1 5.88%
  • Other

2 11.76%

* Which Payment Processor do you use?

We are looking into starting a payment service offerring full ecommerce services without the need for your own merchant account - similar to 2checkout - but I need to know which is the most popular Payment process out there. Feedback would be appreciated on what your ideal service would be.
    Joel Moss
    ==============================
    Check out my Switchboard, Then get yours for free
    Need help building your business? Contact me
      0 Not allowed!

With respect to your question... AuthNet, CyberCash and Payflow Pro are all just payment gatways - NOT actually payment processors or merchant acquirers.

In other words, they are such point-of-sale services that -attach- to an existing merchant account setup with an acquiring bank.

The rest of the items on your list are actually third party processors and thus probably a better comparison for what you are trying to put together.

One suggestion for you - be very, very careful in the planning of this new service. There is a lot of risk involved in it and most banks will not approve that kind of an account. And the ones that do, will likely require reserves and strong financials.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!
      0 Not allowed!

Are you looking for a third party or your own merchant account?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by coreybryant
    Are you looking for a third party or your own merchant account?
    We are not looking for any. We are thinking of starting our own.
    Joel Moss
    ==============================
    Check out my Switchboard, Then get yours for free
    Need help building your business? Contact me
      0 Not allowed!

I agree with CDGcommerce.

You have two companes - the gateway & the processor. And they cannot be owned by the same company due to anti-trust laws. There are a few ways around it & it is very tricky.

As far as maybe becoming a third party processor - that is getting to be more & more difficult these days with Visa/Mastercard.

That was why I as asking. The lst was a mixture mainly of gateways & third party processors.
      0 Not allowed!