Thread: Affiliates?

Affiliates?

Hi all just wanting to know people's opinions on giving out affiliate accounts?

Please be specific on how past experiences, <<snipped>> payment types, minimum amount before withdraw etc...

Just trying to get as much info as possible before making a decision to setup affiliate accounts!

Thanks
    Robert Ward
    Last edited by bear; 07-03-2010 at 11:49 AM.
    PlusNet Host ¦ Super fast hosting ¦ 24/7 Support ¦ cPanel ¦ Domain Names ¦ VPS ¦ Free Instant Setup ¦ www.plusnethost.com

I should also add that I use WHMCS as my billing system!
    PlusNet Host ¦ Super fast hosting ¦ 24/7 Support ¦ cPanel ¦ Domain Names ¦ VPS ¦ Free Instant Setup ¦ www.plusnethost.com

Affiliates is a good method to motivate your clients to promote your services. <<snipped>> Of course there is a default check build in WHMCS.
    Last edited by bear; 07-03-2010 at 09:54 AM.
    Regards,
    Yourwebhoster.eu [NL] based hosting
    Shared | Reseller | KVM VPS | Reseller VPS

Sorry CHECK BUILD?

Quote Originally Posted by robbstech View Post
    Sorry CHECK BUILD?
    The check is build in WHMCS, in other words WHMCS checks if the bought service is still active and if it is, the commision will be added to the affiliate balance.
    Regards,
    Yourwebhoster.eu [NL] based hosting
    Shared | Reseller | KVM VPS | Reseller VPS

Oh okay cool....Do most hosts give recurring payments to affilliates?

Also how can someone explain the process of paying affiliates or the best way to do this?

Also I need to know does WHMCS have a page for potential affiliates to sign up as AFFILIATES instead of signing up then having to activate the affiliate part seperately?

Also I still need to know how people get paid when they click withdraw? When the affiliate signs up does the form ask for their paypal address to be paid into?

Thanks

Affiliates would need to register via the register.php page, then activate their affiliate account.

For the rest, please refer to http://wiki.whmcs.com/Affiliates
    WHMCS
    The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System
    Documentation | Help Guides

Typically, affiliate programs delay payment long enough to minimize fraud. How long that is in your case is of course your decision, but I would say at least a month. When I ran my own affiliate program back when I was a host, I did recurring commissions of 10%, because I thought that best aligned everyone's long-term interests. But the standard in the hosting industry is not to do recurring affiliate commissions; instead, they do larger one-time commissions. Especially in that case, you must wait long enough so that you don't pay out, say, 100% of a year's revenue in commission when the customer only pays for the first month and then backs out (legally or fraudulently).

Just make sure to hold off on paying commission for at least ~40 days. (I think PayPal's dispute time ends in 45/30 days(