transfering domains, help!

Good Day All...

I am currently an admin for a domain name and we need to transfer it to another account asap. I have obtained the epp# that was sent to the owner of the domain but when wanting to transfer the domain to 1and1.com, I get the following error: "The registrar transfer for this domain is impossible."

I will contact 1and1 support, even though I know that have iffy support, but I wanted to get an idea what it could be and if I could correct myself. We really need to get this domain transferred over this week, by thursday. Ideas on this issue?

Thank you all for your time.

Are you prepared to give more details, like the original and proposed registrar and the domain name?

Do you actually need to "transfer" the name or just have it point to a different website/webhost?

Quote Originally Posted by brookie View Post
    Are you prepared to give more details, like the original and proposed registrar and the domain name?

Do you actually need to "transfer" the name or just have it point to a different website/webhost?
    The reason why I want to transfer the name is just to keep everything in one account. I would do a DNS transfer, but even 1and1.com won't give me that option. I'm attempting to transfer the domain from onewebhosting.com (I have the EPP from them) to 1and1.com.

As for the domain name, if you wish to pm me for more info, I would need to do it in pm due to some very minor legal issues

I know it's silly,
    but have you unlocked the domain?

Or there might be some issues on date before expiration on your domain.
    Magnet Hosting | Layanan Hosting dan Server Indonesia
    http://www.magnet-id.com Indonesian Data Center, Peering with IIX and openIXP