Cant send mail to yahoo mail

Every time i get a customer that signs up for a hosting service from us, if they use sbc or yahoo email, they never get the welcome email. Ive tested it on a yahoo account ive opened up and never got the email either. This is through a php send feature. SMTP send works just fine when sending an email to someone on yahoo/sbc. Is there something i can do to get it to be able to send to yahoo/sbc clients?

Thanks,
    EatingHamIRL

Welcome to a world of frustration. Have your users checked their Junk folders to see if Yahoo has decided to automatically filter you?

Which is the software that sends the e-mails? Is it a custom one?

Yahoo typically does not just put messages into the bit bucket. Are you sure it's not in the junk folder? Can you post headers from your test yahoo account?

Quote Originally Posted by mhalligan View Post
    Welcome to a world of frustration. Have your users checked their Junk folders to see if Yahoo has decided to automatically filter you?
    hehe indeed it is frustration. Wasn't in the junk mail folder when i checked and clients have reported the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Arm View Post
    Which is the software that sends the e-mails? Is it a custom one?
    It can be anything. Invision Power Board, PHPBB3, ClientEXEC, or WHMCS. All currently using PHP Send.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha5000 View Post
    Yahoo typically does not just put messages into the bit bucket. Are you sure it's not in the junk folder? Can you post headers from your test yahoo account?
    Where would i get the headers at? O_o

I'm assuming that PHP is sending through an MTA (postfix,sendmail,etc. ). Any way for you to take a look at the MTA logs? It's possible that your server is being deprioritized and the message is just sitting in the queue and has never left (even though as far as PHP is concerned, it has been sent).

Quote Originally Posted by alpha5000 View Post
    I'm assuming that PHP is sending through an MTA (postfix,sendmail,etc. ). Any way for you to take a look at the MTA logs? It's possible that your server is being deprioritized and the message is just sitting in the queue and has never left (even though as far as PHP is concerned, it has been sent).
    Ahh thats the issue i guess, looking at the log and it says the following:

Code:
     temporarily deferred - 4.16.50. Please refer to http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/defer/defer-06.html
      SMTP>> QUIT
    looked at http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...master-01.html to see if i can fix it and since im getting error 421,
    • 421 Resources temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.The Yahoo! Mail MTAs are temporarily too busy. Your server should try to resend the message after a few minutes.
    But they sit in the queue for days upon days and never leave.

also getting:
    Code:
    451 Message temporarily deferred - [70]
    • 451 VS1-IP Excessive unknown recipients - possible Open Relay More information (#4.1.8)
    • 451 VS1-MF Excessive unknown recipients - possible Open Relay More information (#4.4.5)
    Not sure whats even going on with that, none of the "more information" applies to me.

Its sending as nobody@aion.mywebsite.com (replaced my actual website with that URL) but composed as customercare@mywebsite.com
    Last edited by EatingHamIRL; 01-01-2008 at 07:54 PM.

Welcome to my world as well.

I was reading somewhere on there Yahoo support that users have made complaints about the emails they have received to there inbox and they have marked it as spam.

You then have to complete a simple form which will no doubt result in nothing

Soon find out in the next few days.

-Chris

You will have to fill up a simple form at Yahoo, they will later send you a long list of 17 questions which will take some time to fill up. If they are satisfied your email will go through successfully. I tried that it works, just that it took some time.

Attached is the list of questions that Yahoo is going to ask you when you try to get whitelisted. If you don't have a good answer to all 17 (and a lot of these are verifiable) then they're just going to roundfile your whitelisting application. Most of it is simple stuff like doing the right things with DNS. The big pain I ran into was coping with the ugliness that is DomainKeys/DKIM. From my experience it requires 2 applications and is a 2 week process.
    Attached Files Attached Files