2checkout Vs Paypal

Personally since it’s such a heated debate I prefer to offer my clients both payment methods. Any insights on what you guys use and prefer? If so please state your reasoning. Thank you very much.

We use paypal and 2Checkout. If I had known earlier I would have signed up for PaySystems simply because their transaction fees are cheaper than 2Checkout. Anyways let us know on what you choose

The two shouldn't be compared, as the service is completely different.

The only reason we still allow paypal orders is because of the vast number of people who have paypal accounts for a lot of their online spending needs.

2CO get's too much bad press, they are not nearly half as bad as people make them about to be. The support from 2co is great, the payments are made on time, the only drawback is their ongoing receipt of ddos attacks.

Paypal, on the other hand, offer sellers little protection, and if they do, it's only because you just happen to speak to the right person, which is around a 1 in 50 chance.

Only 3 days ago we terminated a users account for a massive spamming incident, the guy had been with us for 5 months, and somehow Paypal saw the need to refund his full 5 month's worth of payment, even though it was a 180 turn on what they state in their service agreement. This would not happen at 2co, or any reputable processor.
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

If you do not have a US bank account, then consider Paypal. 2Checkout cost a lot for transferring money to your local bank account by wire transfer. $36 and $3 less for $100 fund incremental. And local bank will charge a certain processing fee for accepting wire transfered fund...

2Checkout does not offer free trial function but Paypal does
    Cyber Ultra Network - Reliable Budget Web Hosting Provider Since 2003

I would have to suggest to use both.
    Some customers have paypal and always want to use it to pay for services, easier to keep track of your accounts.

Others who are not so internet savvy will want to just plug in their CC number and be done with it.

Paysystems does look good and we are thinking of making that change in the near future.

Currently we have 2CO and Paypal.

Chris

Originally posted by cyberultra
    If you do not have a US bank account, then consider Paypal. 2Checkout cost a lot for transferring money to your local bank account by wire transfer. $36 and $3 less for $100 fund incremental. And local bank will charge a certain processing fee for accepting wire transfered fund...

Actually, it costs nothing to have funds put into a bank in, for instance, Canada, via 2CO, a 3 day DD is how we've always received 2co funds, and it's never cost us a cent
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

But no DD to Singaporean bank account..
    Only check and wire transfer
    Cyber Ultra Network - Reliable Budget Web Hosting Provider Since 2003

Dont' use PayPal, it is really a rubbish, PayPal can post a limit on your account, and your money will belong to PayPal, that is the way they earn money.

I personally prefer paypal, but its always best to give your clients options so i use both.

thank you.
    Rogelio Hackett
    Remedy Hosting Services
    RogelioH@RemedyHosting.Com
    RemedyHosting.Com - Providing A Remedy To All Hosting.

Paypal was developed and designed for Auction Sales payment and personal funds transfer. Although it has evolved to some extend, it is nevertheless still one which requires physical goods transfer for any form of protection. Paypal is also restrictive in the countries which payment can be received and paid to.

2Checkout seems to be built with Webhosting in mind and provide an additional framework for it.

If given a choice, I'll go for 2checkout.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

<3 2CO & Paypal
    josh

We use PayPal and 2CO (implementing 2CO into the site within the next day or two)

Many clients prefer PayPal, and it's free to us. Thus, we offer it.

Dont' use PayPal, it is really a rubbish, PayPal can post a limit on your account, and your money will belong to PayPal, that is the way they earn money.
    They actually earn their money from the fees they charge for you to receive credit card payments, and eChecks. They usually put limits or freezes on accounts, with due cause. In any event, they do have an 800 number which can be called in the event that you disagree with any of their actions, and it can then be explained to you why, etc.. there is a freeze or limit on your account.

We have used PayPal for about 3 years now, and have never had an issue with account freezing.

Anyway, I think that it's a wise idea to offer both. Many people prefer PayPal, while others do not.
    Mark - Owner/Lead Designer
    avidInteractive
    Lead vocalist for Circle7: Circle7 on MTV

Originally posted by cyberultra

The fees above do not reflect reality when we are talking about wirte transfers (which is talking about international accounts). PayPal always converts $ to Euro before transferring. Their currency rate is about 3% more expensive (for you) than at the bank. For example, at this moment 1 USD = 0,84 EUR. If you initiate a PayPal payment, your 1000 USD will be first converted to EUR before they are transferred to your EUR Bank account. Their exchange rate will be about 1 USD = 0,81 EUR. I guess you can calculate the difference yourself. 2Checkout always send USD and the exchange rate will be your local bank's exchange rate (much better than PayPal's one, close to the real one).

Details make the difference!

kosmo
    http://netenberg.com/
    AccountLab Plus Affordable professional webhosting billing -- Click Be! Building websites as easy as it click be
    Fantastico De Luxe - Install your favourite scripts at a mouse click -- Universina - The CPanel skin with Heart and Soul

well, for me PayPal is a Dream ! I am from Morocco
    RofyHost - Affordable Shared & Reseller Hosting Since 2003
    Proud Moroccan