* MagmaHost - TERRIBLE first (and probably last) impression

I signed up to MagmaHost about 15ish hours ago after reading good stuff about them online. I signed up for 2 accounts, 1 master reseller in the USA and one in the UK. The site looked good and so did the prices so I went ahead. After payment, I got an email for one of my accounts being setup (UK plan). This seemed great, as they advertised instant setup, although this is where stuff started to go wrong.

I signed into the reseller account and had no permissions to do anything - That was slightly annoying, but I figured it would be OK soon. I went down to try create a master reseller and check out that feature, but what's this? The license is expired! Great, so now I have a non functioning reseller. I also happened to note, that my "UK" reseller was actually in the USA. I was willing to wait though, and submit a ticket to their "24/7" support desk, thinking that this was just a simple error.

Client 16/01/2010 11:49
    Hi There,

I've just ordered from you, but I have a few issues with setup.

Firstly, the package that has been setup (UK) appears to be a USA server, which is on a USA IP and not in fact in the UK.

Secondly, the USA package has not been setup.

It would be lovely if you could check into this for me

Cheers!
    And

Client 16/01/2010 11:52
    Just a few more!

My WHM has very few features, not really enough to create accounts, or do anything

Secondly, your WHMReseller license has expired.

(5) Your WHMreseller License has expired

To License this installation please complete the following form:
    Deasoft Username:
    License Key:

Cheers
    So the wait began. An hour later I got a reply.

Magmahost Support || Staff16/01/2010 12:44 Hello,

I have added required reseller privileges for your account. Please check and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind Regards,
    Magmahost Support
    What's this? They added the permissions, and ignored the rest of my support ticket. They did although create me another reseller, on the same server as my "USA" plan, to which the credentials don't even work, so I submitted another ticket:

Client 16/01/2010 12:49
    Hello,

Thank you for adding reseller permissions, although this only answers about 1/4th of my problems.

The following problems are still outstanding:

1. My second account (USA) doesn't work
    2. My first account (UK server) is not actually on a UK server
    3. WHMReseller doesn't have a license, therefore making it not function

Please check into these.

Kindest regards
    And 16 hours later, there has been no reply, so I have requested a refund, which is "being passed along to billing admin" If you are thinking of buying from MagmaHost, I highly suggest against it!

Well, you can't expect good support with super cheap providers :-)

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

16hrs for a response to a tech support ticket is well exceeding the average some companies have..An expired license is never a good sign but can be due to a simple oversight.. But it does seem to me a bit too many mistakes from the get go which doesn't give much confidence to a new customer..It's really down to how much patience the customer has in getting it resolved..and the vibe they get from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by net
    Well, you can't expect good support with super cheap providers :-)
    Agreed
    For the prices they charge and what they offer, I wouldn't expect a high standard of support..You really do get what you pay for..

True. I was actually looking at signing up with you net. Might be doing so now that I'm "host-less"

But if you promised 24/7 support shouldn't you provide it?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronH View Post
    True. I was actually looking at signing up with you net. Might be doing so now that I'm "host-less"

You'll find many new hosts promising things they can't keep.

Personally I'm not a fan of master resellers - a majority of them have a negative image and this thread adds on to that.

Check out WHT and you'll find that:

Magmahost has been acquired by Yomura Holdings.

Hello,
    I am just wondering if they ever took care of this for you or did you end up kicking the bucket. I have seen a few mentions of Magma Host on this forum, nothing too special.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Sorry to hear about your resellers.

Have they yet to replied?

Yikes, that definitely sounds like a very poor show from magmahost. Best of luck with whatever provider you choose to use next!
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

I actually have an account with them and no problems so far. The ticket support is very fast

Quote Originally Posted by DakNet View Post
    I actually have an account with them and no problems so far. The ticket support is very fast
    Have you had any issues similar to the OP's issue?
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    Have you had any issues similar to the OP's issue?
    Hello,
    I assume he is not, but it is hard telling. I am also interisted in hearing this.
    Keith I Myers

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by CameronH View Post
    This is normal issues nowdays..

My experience with one company, when you ask for 24/7 they will tell you to subscribe corporate packages but they not entertain 24/7 support for business packages. In fact it's clearly stated at front pages 24/7 support but you wont get that kind of support..
    MyLabuan Web Design and WordPress Hosting : Shared & Reseller Hosting|VPS Hosting|Email Backup Services|Domain Services
    Join Us : MyLabuan FB

i had to wait a week for a response from them ... and when i got one it was .... the admin will look at this ticket shortly

Quote Originally Posted by fathive View Post
    i had to wait a week for a response from them ... and when i got one it was .... the admin will look at this ticket shortly
    After how long?
    Keith I Myers

Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post
    After how long?
    go here
    webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=928069

i posted the ticket you can see dates and everything

Quote Originally Posted by fathive View Post
    i have raised 7 tickets in 3 days and all are responded at average time of 1 hour

as few questions are replied with in 15 mins and some quires are answered in 4 hours
    Forex Trading:: Division of AT (Pvt) Limited
    █ Forex Trading Signals | Gold Trading Signals | Crypto Trading Signals
    24x7 Support | 95% profitable trades

Quote Originally Posted by mudassirjaved View Post
    i have raised 7 tickets in 3 days and all are responded at average time of 1 hour

as few questions are replied with in 15 mins and some quires are answered in 4 hours
    you have magmahost?

yup....thats why i raise tickets to support department
    Forex Trading:: Division of AT (Pvt) Limited
    █ Forex Trading Signals | Gold Trading Signals | Crypto Trading Signals
    24x7 Support | 95% profitable trades

You may want to request an escalation or just move on.
    U.S.A. High Resource allocation global cloud hosting serving 310,000 clients since 2008 | Offering both cPanel & DirectAdmin
    WebsitePlex.com | Instant Activation | Alpha, Master, Reseller & Cloud Hosting
    Recurring Affiliate Program Pays 20% of total revenue for life | 30 Day Trial

My honest advise to users using magma host .. is to stay away i am in hosting business since last 8 years mostly resellers in vps .. this type of pricing structure always collapse.

Its better to pay bit more then look fool and helpless in front your clients.

I have an account with Magamahost. I received an invoice from them but as I have no need for the reseller account, I decided to cancel the package. I also sent them a ticket saying I had cancelled, so can they cancel the invoice. Around 30 minutes ago I received a overdue invoice notice, and another email saying the ticket had no response on my behalf in over 30 hours, so it was going to be closed. However they had not responded to the ticket. I have sent an email to their sales email, but still no reply.

Magmahost used to be quite good before being bought, and now they have went downhill. However the company which bought them owns a VPS company I use as well, and the service their is quite good.

If you need proof, I can email a invoice or something. I can't do a domain because I haven't got any on their servers anymore, I don't use the reseller plan anymore.