Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eNom wish list?

eNom wish list?

Hi All,

I work at eNom as one of the developers that work on the website user-interfaces (i.e. enom.com, PDQ, registry rocket, etc.) and the API code.

We are just completing a development quarter that focussed on improving reliability, functionality, and infrastructure.

Within the next few weeks we will be setting our next quarterly development goals. So this would be a good time to let us or me know what is on your wish list.

Any good suggestions?

I can't make any promises, but I can forward your suggestions on to management....

Welcome to WHT!

I would say focus on reliability. What is in place still has issues. I would focus on that before looking ahead at a "wish list"
    Domain Maven

Just take a look at what NameCheap (an Enom reseller) has done. They are 101% on the mark.

1. Adding Delete feature for reseller to delete domains within the grace period of 5 days incase of raud
    2. Adding email confirmation on Pushes, so even if someone stole the user/pass still requires email confirmation from the registrant/admin contact and/or reseller account
    3. account information except with email confirmation, atleast for ETPs to protect them.
    4. maybe hosting eNom.com and PDQ on unix servers ? NT lags so much if its loaded
    5. ability to make dns*.name-services.com anonymous like the reseller can register his nameservers to your dns*.name-services.com IP addresses and still can use the free services provided by each domain *MORE ANONYMOUS FOR END USERS*
    6. maybe lowering costs for domain registration only services? like $6.49 ot $6.39
    7. ability to fully control PDQ design including multi language like all tags are available for translation from end user section

this would increase little from security stuff we see these days.

Good Luck and welcome to WHT Domain Discussion Forum!
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Originally posted by Bashar
    1. Adding Delete feature for reseller to delete domains within the grace period of 5 days incase of raud
    2. Adding email confirmation on Pushes, so even if someone stole the user/pass still requires email confirmation from the registrant/admin contact and/or reseller account
    3. account information except with email confirmation, atleast for ETPs to protect them.
    4. maybe hosting eNom.com and PDQ on unix servers ? NT lags so much if its loaded
    5. ability to make dns*.name-services.com anonymous like the reseller can register his nameservers to your dns*.name-services.com IP addresses and still can use the free services provided by each domain *MORE ANONYMOUS FOR END USERS*
    6. maybe lowering costs for domain registration only services? like $6.49 ot $6.39
    7. ability to fully control PDQ design including multi language like all tags are available for translation from end user section

this would increase little from security stuff we see these days.

Good Luck and welcome to WHT Domain Discussion Forum!
    Good Stuff!

Yeah especially the confirmation process

Moved To Other Reviews Forum
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

add web forward as well as email forwarding

automated daily checks of watchlist domains, with email notification that "abc.com" is now available for registration

ability to regsiter / manage .uk's on our own ipstag rather than yours

ability to move sub-accounts from one etp to another

ability to merge sub-accounts (we have a number from compnaies we've taken over) and blending them all in together woudl have been usefully not to have involved sales/support to move the a/c balance etc.

email confirmation (optional) for pushes to another etp

additional security question (dog's name, fingers on left hand kind of thing) to authenticate financial actions

more information in the transfer process

ability to re-request a transfer that appears to have stalled without waiting a week

fix the bugs that means transfer "requests" often dont leave enom for 2 or 3 days :p

a "graphic-less" interface at say bleak.enom.com
    to allow pocket-pc's and mobiles to be used when onsite, rather than taking 20mins to constantly d/load the same graphic in the header

my enom overview to show more details ...
    at present shows
    * domain names with eNom
    * items in the shopping cart
    * expired and need to be reactivated
    * Account Balance* Available Balance
    add
    * domains hosted with enom
    * domain name(s) in your watchlist
    * count of resellers
    * balance of commission account
    making it a much more overall summary page

ability to specifiy how many domains to show per page of a list - 25 is *not* enough

as well as whois, add traceroute and dns/revdns investigatory tools.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

email and web forwarding is already there?

one more option FASTER SUPPORT

i couldnt see web forwarding when one of our sub a/cs asked about it - only the 10page freebie websh!te and email forwarding

anyway - we dont need faster support - so little goes wrong with it thats down to enom, we need no bugs and more features .... :p
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Free Domain Names!

just kidding (unless you want to give me some of course).

-transfer process needs improvement. Sometimes there is errors and validation emails dont get sent. Sometimes things get done in less than 24 hours.

I will list more later when I get back.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

The software is fine. Need faster and better support. I had an issue with registering my own name server on a domain I got from Club drop which got 2 tickets closed (with template answers that didn't answer my question).

On the 3rd try, someone said they will ask the technical team to look at it (After I put in caps not to close the ticket) and that's the last I heard from them

software wise, it's good enough. Afterall, you just need to serve the basic needs. I rather we have more and better support. But I guess that's out of your hands...
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

more support staff is needed to provide help for all the customers.

There are errors in the system which need to be fixed. Fixing those would be a very good place to start. I believe most have been reported (and neglected it seems in many cases) to you already by various sources.

club drop's system is a joke. Either make it bidding prior to the auction or after a successful catch. This both before and after is a joke. Why would I bid money if I only am raising the final price later on down the road? Seems stupid to be frank.

List wizard could use some improvement, like a function to list all your domains to put into the list. (for bulk transfer--haven't used the others in a while).

RegistryRocket needs to accept EPP transfers. Right now it only does com/net (and .cc or something which nobody buys?)
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

lots of ppl mention support, maybe having a "premium support" (at a fee) for those that require it, and cheaper pricing for those of us willing to use the faq/experience/guesswork - perhaps a per incident $4.95 or something - that way if it *really* is urgent you get priority, but pay for it...

stop supporting the sub-accounts and only support the poeple you have a contract with - i.e the ETP might also help

agree with kohashi on club-drop, it's why we ignore it ...

Ability to add our own IPs as needed to use the API. Since support is such a joke, we never managed to get our IP added after many tickets and requests.
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

Thank you all for your replies.

I sent your suggestions off to eNom management for consideration. I can't promise anything, but I really like some of the ideas presented here and am hoping that I will get a chance to work on them.

Please don't forget the faster support... that is one of the most important part....

All of my suggestions have already been mentioned.
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com

While this thread is brought up. How about .com.au/.net.au/id.au domains?
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Divaqs -->I'd like to report what I believe it's security error what to do ? can't say in public , can't PM You ,

I wish you'd get rid of the 3% fee for credit card and paypal deposits.

My suggestions:

- Add the ability to transfer .CA domains from another registrar to enom.
    - Your ASP server is sometime very slow during the login / manual ordering / checkout procedures of https://enom.com . Sometimes it even times out when I am configuring the domains...other times it will be fine. Perhaps you could either improve your code, software, or *hardware*.

Thank you,
    Pierre Grandmaison
    Offering 24/7 Toll Free Telephone Support
    Zenutech Web Hosting
    http://www.zenutech.com

With the possibility of fraud rollback to a higher level would like option to create reseller sub-accounts that are closed ended. Meaning that the sub-account cannot create further sub-accounts. That would make a reseller only potentially liable for one level below.

i think ETPs always responsible about fraud, because they are the only one who sign something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast