View Poll Results: Are you afraid of dying?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

31 33.33%
  • No, but I am afraid for my friends and family

22 23.66%
  • unsure

7 7.53%
  • Yes

3 3.23%
  • Yes, I'm afraid of the unknown

11 11.83%
  • Yes, I'm afraid of the known

3 3.23%
  • Yes, I'm afraid of leavin my current situation

0 0%
  • Yes, I'm too young to die.

13 13.98%
  • Other

3 3.23%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Are you afraid of dying?

I thought this would turn out to be an interesting poll.
    Are you afraid of dying? Assume this is not a slow and painful death, just going in your sleep like the queen's mother did. If so, is it because:
    Don't know what happens when you die?
    Afraid of the afterlife?
    Afraid of no afterlife?
    You leaving your family and loved ones behind?
    Die Young?

Feel free to openly discuss, I'm curious of what the public thinks. I personally am not afriad of dying. I am afraid of what it would do to my family being young, but dying itself is fine with me .
    Get your certificate of knowification autographed by REW!
    Visit rewdog.com for details.

I'm unsure because right now i think i'm not but when it comes down until you die you just don't know.

*holds gun to huckbarry's head and asks now*
    hehe, j/k

Not afraid, but I would regret all the things I haven't done yet. Not so much because I haven't done them, but because I don't think anyone else is likely to... I've been freakishly lucky to get where I am now and it would be an incredible waste if I were to die without exercising some of my talent.
    Dr. Colin Percival, FreeBSD Security Officer
    Online backups for the truly paranoid: http://www.tarsnap.com/

Not afraid of dying, just afraid that I won't die in time.

In time for what?

Originally posted by Rewdog
    In time for what?
    Oh man, now I've got something else to worry about :-)

Not afraid of dying because I believe I know what death brings, but I enjoy life and want to stay awhile!
    My greatest concern would be the effect upon my family, wife, daughters, grandchildren and mum (maybe that's a good sign, she's 90 this year!).

I'm not afraid of dying at all, I'm a Christian so I believe in being somewhere awesome in the presence of God when I die--will be better that life on earth IMO I'm afraid for family and friends that don't have that same guarantee though.

im not afraid of dieing because if i die tomorrow i know ill have spent my time making my friends happy, my lady ecstatic and basically had fun along the way.
    dieing however should be very afraid of me. i dont think it has met someone like me before. it will be a learning experience.

Originally posted by cperciva
    Not afraid, but I would regret all the things I haven't done yet.
    Would you mind sharing with us what this is?

well, i am afraid of dying, because if i will die, who is going to manage my servers and my business !. my techs don't know all stuff !.

heheheh j/k.

my saying, i am not afriad of dying will be wrong, because i do get scarred from death, specially i don't want to die without any reason, like 1000's of innocent people died in SEP 11 attack or like 1000's of enocent people dying in my country (india) killed by terrorist for there personal motives or like people are being killed in Israel. i don't want to die in accident or due to some long lasting painfull diseases.

i want very calm death, like i closed my eyes and i am dead without any pain or what so ever.

well, if i ever die, i don't want to go to heaven or hell, i want to remain on earth in the form of good ghost, but with the ability to run computers and write computer programs.

well, these are my personal feelings and i am sure about them how my death should be.

not offending anyone but those of you who claim you are not afraid of dying, go ahead and run your car wildly or do something stupid or very dangerous which involve serious life risks, like some jugglers who risk there lifes or like stuntman who risk his life or save you ass and don't make false claims.

edit: typos
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

Originally posted by Walter
    Would you mind sharing with us what this is?
    Research, mostly.
    Dr. Colin Percival, FreeBSD Security Officer
    Online backups for the truly paranoid: http://www.tarsnap.com/

Not afraid, but I would regret all the things I haven't done yet.
    A statement that closely resembles my views. Very well put
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

just because i dont fear death doesnt mean that i should go flaunt it, why should i risk it, i dont fear death because my life is good, ive done a lot, if i died now i wouldnt worry about not having done stuff, theres still stuff to do but he statue quo if above average. i do take risks now and again but not stupid ones. i still have responsibilities and duties. if i go i want my life insurance to pay out.
    its not a false claim to say im not afriad of death, ive never been afraid of the unknown, im not afraid of what tomorrow brings , be it a lottery win or death as that would be letting it affect today, and then life would be no fun. deal with the cards you have dont worry about the future, its fate. sure you can shape some of it. but who knows just dont bother letting it affect you.

Research, mostly.
    Nothing more personally?

Originally posted by richy
    just because i dont fear death doesnt mean that i should go flaunt it, why should i risk it, i dont fear death because my life is good, ive done a lot, if i died now i wouldnt worry about not having done stuff, theres still stuff to do but he statue quo if above average. i do take risks now and again but not stupid ones. i still have responsibilities and duties. if i go i want my life insurance to pay out.
    its not a false claim to say im not afriad of death, ive never been afraid of the unknown, im not afraid of what tomorrow brings , be it a lottery win or death as that would be letting it affect today, and then life would be no fun. deal with the cards you have dont worry about the future, its fate. sure you can shape some of it. but who knows just dont bother letting it affect you.
    well, i think that doesn't make you not afraid of death. you just don't care about it.

you don't care when it comes to you because you are so busy in your life you never think of it.

but man, watch anyone dying before your eyes, see the ones tragic death and think about it, if it happens to you and you will get scary of this death thing.
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

ive seen friends die, ive helped friends after they lost parents, ive held pet dogs as they were put down (that actually hurt the most) and yeah it happens, it hurts, its not nice, and ya know what, there aint a damn thing we can do about it, we know nothing about it or what happens after if anything, you may believe in something as is your right, but you dont KNOW it you only believe it. i know my shoes are by the door, cos i can see em, you dont know theres an afterlife you just believe it, youve been told, you havent been there and back. thats not meant as offensive just trying to be clear on a point.
    i cant change whether death will happen or not, sure i could bring it closer, but because i choose not to doesnt mean im afraid of it, it means i enjoy life. im one content person. maybe motivated, but still content. im very at peace with myself. things like death dont worry me because there is no point in letting it. it might happen, it might not why let it affect you. lifes too short
    just live it. i dont fear the unknown its a challenge i will rise to when the occasion demands. until then its now that matters.

I never want to die :(

I want to see the world in a million years so i`m gonna have my body frozen........then aliens can bring me back to life in the future.

I think it costs $50,000 to have your entire body frozen and preserverd. Or they`ll chop off your head and preserve it for $20,000.

you'll be frozen before you die, so you'll miss that, and if the world blows up in 10 years you are just screwed?

Originally posted by Frosty
    I think it costs $50,000 to have your entire body frozen and preserverd. Or they`ll chop off your head and preserve it for $20,000.
    Ok, so maybe you can make a deal, get your toes frozen for $ 5,000 !

Originally posted by Rewdog
    you'll be frozen before you die, so you'll miss that, and if the world blows up in 10 years you are just screwed?
    That reminds me of some hosting deals: pay once $xxx for lifetime hosting!

can i have both heads frozen id be a little upset at loosing either

Yes I'm afraid to die but I'm much more afraid of someone in my immediate family dying. I feel that when you die you cease to exist except for the intangible things you leave behind, so I think the pain an anguish of having someone close to you die would be much worse.

Just my $.02

lol@richy........eeeeeew!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast